2231-79 Computing Professional (ICT Recent Graduate) and the new priority

Guest ddd2010

Guest Diego86
Hi guys!

Finally got my PR approved on friday!! :biggrin:

Thanks to this forum and all the members!

Y'all rock and have been very helpful even more than some migration agents(especially mine)!

Cheers!

Congratz mate! You guys are better than my agent too! Thanks again!

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pheww....my turn to share my happiness today. PR is granted. Thanks everyone supported and shared info with me over the last few months. Wish all the rest who are still waiting PR will get it soon. Cheers.

Congrats mate... rightoo now according to the spreadsheet it does appear that everyone other than those stuck in security checks have now been granted their visa... we are almost done here... :)

Thanks Skyrocket.

Hi guys, I have a concern about to get visa label. I wonder if I can post my passport to Immigration Department to get a stamp and how to do it. Do I need any form or letter to explain about it ? Thanks. Cheers.

Hi, Congratulations on your PR grant. I'm not sure about posting the passport. Why don't you give them a call and find out?

Hey Guys,

Just thought to visit here today and it looks like everyone have their Grants :)

BTW someone did mess up the spreadsheet though, if that could be changed/reverted back for other people who may be helped with.

Cheers!

Hey Guys,

Just thought to visit here today and it looks like everyone have their Grants :)

BTW someone did mess up the spreadsheet though, if that could be changed/reverted back for other people who may be helped with.

Cheers!

yeah its just the 3 stuck up in security checks that are left now, spreadsheet's fixed:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&key=tHQP8Hpmu2NRl1EfjvQw3YQ&hl=en#gid=0

Cheers,

Sky

Not many people are these days especially after they get their grant or give up.

Anyone going for citizenship soon? Its nearly a year since we started getting processed en masse

I bet many of the folks who got their visas this year would be going in for citizenship in 2012, I know I would come September 2012 ... Have a merry xmas and a happy new year everyone ! :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Lodge GSM 885 on = 12/09/2011 with my Wife that i married australia on 29/8/2011.

ACS - ANZCSO System Analysis

CO appointed = 21/11/2011

Grant = Waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:no:

Wow, This thread is soooooo dead now. I'm guessing everyone has got their visas approved. Once again Congratulations to everyone and a happy new year. :smile:

Lodge GSM 885 on = 12/09/2011 with my Wife that i married australia on 29/8/2011.

ACS - ANZCSO System Analysis

CO appointed = 21/11/2011

Grant = Waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:no:

Any day now mate. Just be patient and front load all documents.

Any day now mate. Just be patient and front load all documents.

I alredy uploded all document and i guess CO dosen't want any more document as he dosen't ask any thing in his first e-mail..

I don't know why wait? :confused:

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I hope some people are still out there to help me because it seems most of you already got their PR.

I am yet another 885 visa applicant (lodged 8/2008), asssessed on 9/2008 as 2231-79 IT professional NEC (Recent Graduate). In June/2010 I decided to leave Australia to my home country on Bridging Visa B but never returned back, meanig my 3-month bridging visa B expired already.

I had a look at this forum back in 2009 but unfortunately did not follow up after that. I skimmed through this thread just now which is extremely long and still couldnt read all of it, and would love if someone advises me on how to proceed.

I was contacted by a case officer on 24th of Jan (a week ago) and he asked for:

1. Skills assessment

2. new AFP

3. new medical examination

he gave 28 days to submit them or at leaast the receipts.

However, being on a holiday, i just noticed today that I received that email from him and because I havent been following on DIAC news I wasn't aware that I should do the reassessment beforehand. Now I am planning to come to australia within a week which will leave me 2 weeks to submit the three above requirements. Though I will only be on a tourist visa.

Is it possible to enter Australia on a tourist visa and still proceed with this process?

I have other questions but will wait till I confirm this issue. Any adivce would be appreciated!

I didn't know that was even possible.

Oh, hello everyone :-)

I thought that if your bridging visa B expired then it was pretty much finito. I think they will ask you to step aside and ask many tiring questions at the airport - you might want to have a good reason prepared for why you didn't turn up after 3 months were over and if you really care about your residency.

They asked me a whole bunch questions, heck, even after I came back with the PR in hand.

Mmm, might want to seek professional advice. Most people who take such a long sabbatical convert their applications to offshore.

The other downside is the time it might take for you to now acquire citizenship. If you've taken many long breaks in the past it could work out against you.

Hello everyone! I hope some people are still out there to help me because it seems most of you already got their PR.

I am yet another 885 visa applicant (lodged 8/2008), asssessed on 9/2008 as 2231-79 IT professional NEC (Recent Graduate). In June/2010 I decided to leave Australia to my home country on Bridging Visa B but never returned back, meanig my 3-month bridging visa B expired already.

I had a look at this forum back in 2009 but unfortunately did not follow up after that. I skimmed through this thread just now which is extremely long and still couldnt read all of it, and would love if someone advises me on how to proceed.

I was contacted by a case officer on 24th of Jan (a week ago) and he asked for:

1. Skills assessment

2. new AFP

3. new medical examination

he gave 28 days to submit them or at leaast the receipts.

However, being on a holiday, i just noticed today that I received that email from him and because I havent been following on DIAC news I wasn't aware that I should do the reassessment beforehand. Now I am planning to come to australia within a week which will leave me 2 weeks to submit the three above requirements. Though I will only be on a tourist visa.

Is it possible to enter Australia on a tourist visa and still proceed with this process?

I have other questions but will wait till I confirm this issue. Any adivce would be appreciated!

I didn't know that was even possible.

Oh, hello everyone :-)

I thought that if your bridging visa B expired then it was pretty much finito. I think they will ask you to step aside and ask many tiring questions at the airport - you might want to have a good reason prepared for why you didn't turn up after 3 months were over and if you really care about your residency.

They asked me a whole bunch questions, heck, even after I came back with the PR in hand.

Mmm, might want to seek professional advice. Most people who take such a long sabbatical convert their applications to offshore.

The other downside is the time it might take for you to now acquire citizenship. If you've taken many long breaks in the past it could work out against you.

hello Reg :wink:,

that was a quick visit ! I thought you said you would be away for a year ?

Now coming to the other person's query... interesting to note that cat 5 onshores seem to have reached at least till August 2008. So you were already assessed as 2231-79 IT professional NEC (Recent Graduate) and yet the CO asked you for a skills assessment ? Perhaps you should just send him a scanned copy of the letter again ? they shouldnt be asking you for a reassessment if you are a cat 5 applicant.

And I do believe the only condition for the 885 is that you should be onshore to get the visa, so coming on a tourist visa and getting the visa label should be fine..

Howdy Sky, hope things are well at your end.

Nah, I decided to come back after all. I went abroad for 3 months only, so like everyone else here, I can get my grubby hands on that so-far elusive aussie passport by the end of this year :D

hello Reg :wink:,

that was a quick visit ! I thought you said you would be away for a year ?

Now coming to the other person's query... interesting to note that cat 5 onshores seem to have reached at least till August 2008. So you were already assessed as 2231-79 IT professional NEC (Recent Graduate) and yet the CO asked you for a skills assessment ? Perhaps you should just send him a scanned copy of the letter again ? they shouldnt be asking you for a reassessment if you are a cat 5 applicant.

And I do believe the only condition for the 885 is that you should be onshore to get the visa, so coming on a tourist visa and getting the visa label should be fine..

Archived