2231-79 Computing Professional (ICT Recent Graduate) and the new priority

Guest ddd2010

Guest sTiLlWaItInG
I have two friends who got their 885 and 485 on the same day. they applied in september2010 directly as cat 3. 485 applications were made 1 month earlier than 885 (as they had to wait for ACS).

I know some other person with 885 but still waiting for 485.

I think no certain pattern is followed at DIAC. they just flip coins and do as they want.

I hope I get a good side of coin when they flip :laugh:

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bhav22

folks I got a CO assign this morning from Brisbane Team 15.

Only requested medicals as I have submitted other docs already. Doing medicals on 14th Apr. Hope all goes well..

Thank you again for all your help.

Guest saanii

Here's summary of my call to DIAC of wait time 1 hr 15 mins at 9:45am.

1. What's the status of my application?

It's currently being considered by a case officer.

2. I've been waiting for several weeks since I provided all required documents. Is it possible that CO forgot to check my application?

No, it's not possible. The application is with CO and is currently being considered. It's not possible that CO gives priority to other applications over your application as well.

3. How can I contact CO apart from emailing?

Operator can forward the call to CO if CO's in. But CO won't be able to say when's the decision be made. CO can't say anything what operator can't tell you.

4. Is it possible that Adelaide process slower than Brisbane because many of my friends application with Brisbane got approved?

It might be that Adelaide COs have more workload than those from Brisbane.

5. Is it because I'm from HR country?

No, it's not.

6. Is there anything I could do apart from waiting?

Unfortunately, no.

Guest sb143
Thanks... but it's not over yet.... still have to slug it out with DIAC :mask:

Ya true but we will get there someday. dont worry. I am trying to frontload medical but the earliest booking i got is 5th of may.

Guest sb143
how long it take for ACS to send the re assessment letter from the status "With Assessor"?

you should get postal reference in few days

Guest mirob
how long it take for ACS to send the re assessment letter from the status "With Assessor"?

Usually just 1 to 2 days + 1 to 2 days to get the results to your postal address.

Guest mirob
4. Is it possible that Adelaide process slower than Brisbane because many of my friends application with Brisbane got approved?

It might be that Adelaide COs have more workload than those from Brisbane.

Nice summary!

When I spoke to a case officer of my 485 application this morning she told me the Brisbane processing centre is slower than Adelaide because they've been affected by the floods. The operations haven't been restored to previous conditions yet. I don't know what to make of it.

Guest akellu
Ya true but we will get there someday. dont worry. I am trying to frontload medical but the earliest booking i got is 5th of may.

I've done my medicals last Thursday... same day as my status changed to "With assessor" and have done new PCC the week before

Guest sb143
I've done my medicals last Thursday... same day as my status changed to "With assessor" and have done new PCC the week before

you are well advanced man. you should have told us to do the same. lol

Guest akellu
you are well advanced man. you should have told us to do the same. lol

all reliant on the fact that I will get reassessed successfully... if not, I had to start the 3-month wait all over again

I did the same thing.... but on friday(medicals)

i just got an mail from ACS about my register post.... hopefully i will get my letter in another 2 days.

Guest sb143

good luck guys. i am sure the ACS result will be positive. I am thinking of going to goldcoast for medicals as i have to wait till may 3rd to do it in brisbane. pcc application reached to afp yesterday

Guest newguy2010
This thread moves to quickly for me to keep up with - a good sign folks :smile:

Looks like everyone in and around my timeframe for ACS is doing well. So NewGuy is the only one still waiting?

Unfortunately 'YES'.:arghh:

Hey guys do you know if I can get my friend to go pick up my ACS letter at the Post Office? I believe they need ID. I've never asked anyone else to do it.

I think you can do this but, you need to sign on the delivery card and put your friends details on that card.

Guest mirob
Hey guys do you know if I can get my friend to go pick up my ACS letter at the Post Office? I believe they need ID. I've never asked anyone else to do it.

Yep you can do it but as shuriti said you'll need to sign the card, though I doubt there is any way of verifying the signature as the post office doesn't have it.

You can write a simple declaration, sign it and send it to your friend via email. Ask him to tell them you won't be able to pick it up before May. In that case they'll have to return the letter to ACS which is not something the post office wants to do.

It's no big deal for the post office anyway. They're happy to give it to someone if ID is provided.

Guest mirob

A bit of an update on 485 visas:

Processing arrangements for Skilled Graduate (Subclass 485) visa applications

The Migration Act provides that the Department of Immigration and Citizenship may consider and finalise applications for visas in such order as considered appropriate.

These processing arrangements are designed to allocate resources to those subclass 485 most in need of processing prior to the implementation of the new points test for General Skilled Migration on 1 July 2011.

Under the arrangements, subclass 485 applications will be considered in the following order:

1. Applications from people who have completed a Professional Year who lodged a subclass 485 application before 17 March 2011.

2. Applications lodged from 9 February 2010 to 30 June 2010 where the nominated occupation was on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) Schedule 3 in effect from 1 July 2010.

3. All other applications will generally be processed based on the date they were received.

It should be noted that applicants who lodged a subclass 485 application on or before 8 February 2010 are eligible for transitional arrangements. Under these arrangements, they have until 31 December 2012 to apply for a permanent skilled visa under the points test in effect as at 8 February 2010. As such, they do not need processing before 1 July 2011.

Applicants who lodged a subclass 485 application from 9 February 2010 to 30 June 2010 who did not nominate an occupation on the current SOL are unlikely to meet the requirements to apply for a permanent skilled visa.

These administrative arrangements will end on 30 June 2011. The Department expects that subclass 485 application processing times will return to published service standards of 12 months in 2011-12.

Please note that while every effort will be made to finalise as many applications as possible, no guarantees can be given about the outcome or timing of any individual application.

The Department has processes in place to identify applicants who will be considered under these arrangements and it is therefore not necessary for individual applicants to contact us directly.

Source: http://www.iscah.com/485Processing2011.htm

Guest mirob

Re the above 485 changes. I just don't get it.

They're giving the lowest priority to applicants who are 'unlikely to meet the requirements to apply for a permanent skilled visa' which means graduates who are in the country, working in hospitality (most likely) while on a bridging visa.

These people will not be assessed any time soon. Let's say DIAC will take extra 12 months to process the applications. In addition, the visa applicants will be given the 18 month TR visa. So they've been waiting for 12 months, they'll wait another 12 months and then they get the visa. That's 3 and a half years in total.

Does this mean the government wants to keep them onshore while having the option to kick them out if they need to? Due to another financial crisis or something of a similar magnitude?

Perhaps the government wants to keep onshore even though they don't have skilled jobs. They're still an educated group of people.

Archived