2231-79 Computing Professional (ICT Recent Graduate) and the new priority

Guest ddd2010

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ABaron
Just 1 day longer ... you'll get it tomorrow!!! :wubclub:

OMG I really hope so... It feels like on the ancient times you know? they dont make use of the internet and that its annoying they should just e-mail the thing as well as sending it...:skeptical:

Guest mirob
OMG I really hope so... It feels like on the ancient times you know? they dont make use of the internet and that its annoying they should just e-mail the thing as well as sending it...:skeptical:

yeah. they can't do it at the moment due to legal reasons ... I agree it makes no sense.

Guest nish886
pr approved a week ago..

got co 28 days before that..

applied somewhere in 2009

Thanks for the info. Have you come across anyone who has been nominated for Computing professionals(NEC) before june 2010 onshore 886 but not in the WA SMP? it seems to be strange that i haven't yet.Though i know there would be lot of applicants sailing in the same boat as me.Please let me know if you do..Thnks once again..

I wanted to ask a general question regarding priorities.I hope this is the right thread to post it :).If someone lodged an application in early 2010 and was allocated a case officer before July 2010 and has had his integrity checks successfully completed then is that person subject to priorities while his/her security checks are being conducted ? My understanding is that priorities affect only CO allocation.Is this assumption correct ?

I wanted to ask a general question regarding priorities.I hope this is the right thread to post it :).If someone lodged an application in early 2010 and was allocated a case officer before July 2010 and has had his integrity checks successfully completed then is that person subject to priorities while his/her security checks are being conducted ? My understanding is that priorities affect only CO allocation.Is this assumption correct ?

Yes.Anyone whose visa has not been granted till the date priorities changes, is affected by it.I got a CO on 23 Dec 2008, In the meantime CSL came on 1 Jan 2009, I waited for my PR for 2 years and 7 months.

Guest umairghias
Yes.Anyone whose visa has not been granted till the date priorities changes, is affected by it.I got a CO on 23 Dec 2008, In the meantime CSL came on 1 Jan 2009, I waited for my PR for 2 years and 7 months.

I think now the minister is different person as well so we wont know what the actual priorities and the effect will be ... Also DIAC sent email to various applicants to do medicals and get other documents ready. i would still think if they change priorities they might say it does not effect people who have a CO but who knows ....

July is still far away when the new list will come in and the new points system and there wont be many people who can fulful that requirement i can assure you that .....

Anyone agree?

Guest newguy2010

Anyone has any idea how to deal with ACS now? I just can't wait for a few more weeks now. Are those who have been stuck in IP for more than 12 weeks helpless now?

"hey sammi4u!

u couldn't let go of this forum even after you got ur PR? "

@sammi4u

More like recovering drug addict LOL. The withdrawal symptoms are not that easy to overcome :biggrin:

PS.

Hope you can see an irony in my post.

Regards,

MOTO

Guest mirob
Anyone has any idea how to deal with ACS now? I just can't wait for a few more weeks now. Are those who have been stuck in IP for more than 12 weeks helpless now?

Ok I don't want to suggest anything bad but if I was totally desperate I'd keep calling them every 1 or 2 days and perhaps even telling them that I'd write a formal complaint to an authority (whatever authority is responsible, I don't know).

Even though I'm thankful I got my assessment in a shorter timeframe than many of you guys it doesn't change the fact that ACS' processing times are simply unacceptable.

Guest Mongobear

Hey ladies,

finally received my reassessment (although I don't need it any longer) and it has been successful. I'll add it to the spreadsheet as soon as I can but at the moment I cannot access it (company-proxy).

Cheers

Uli

Hey ladies,

finally received my reassessment (although I don't need it any longer) and it has been successful. I'll add it to the spreadsheet as soon as I can but at the moment I cannot access it (company-proxy).

Cheers

Uli

Hey,

Have you submitted your 176 visa application yet?

Regards,

MOTO

Guest mirob
Hey ladies,

Cheers

Uli

It's been a pretty long journey Uli!!!

Congrats! :hug:

Guest newguy2010
Ok I don't want to suggest anything bad but if I was totally desperate I'd keep calling them every 1 or 2 days and perhaps even telling them that I'd write a formal complaint to an authority (whatever authority is responsible, I don't know).

Even though I'm thankful I got my assessment in a shorter timeframe than many of you guys it doesn't change the fact that ACS' processing times are simply unacceptable.

Thank you mirob. It's very kind for you to offer your advice. In fact the lady who answered my phone at ACS has no problem at all regarding me calling back every few days to check the progress but she couldn't guarantee an exact day or even a timeframe. I would say that doesn't help to improve the situation much. I've submitted a complaint already a week ago but got no response.:mad:

Guest newguy2010
Hey ladies,

Cheers

Uli

Your experience sounds awful to me. I don't have other backup plan so I am stuck in this reassessment.:goofy:so I have no choice but wait.

Early June?!!! I can't wait that long :arghh:

I'll call them again in 2 weeks to see what they're up to.

yeah... i will call them on weekly basis.. :cute:

finally got the registration post no for my ACS reassessment!!!

time to join Mirob and pissLur with DIAC drama ~~~

congrats :cool:

Awesome!! :hug: You'll have it in your hands by tomorrow.

Send it to DIAC as soon as you get it, wait one day and call them up, so they put you in Category 3!

yup... calling them up after attaching your acs review letter will speed things up...

otherwise, you will need to wait 7-9 days for your file being received by them.

Guest mirob
Thank you mirob. It's very kind for you to offer your advice. In fact the lady who answered my phone at ACS has no problem at all regarding me calling back every few days to check the progress but she couldn't guarantee an exact day or even a timeframe. I would say that doesn't help to improve the situation much. I've submitted a complaint already a week ago but got no response.:mad:

Cheers. Yeah the lady at the reception was really nice but as you said, there is not much she can do.

Guest sTiLlWaItInG

if it's not 12 weeks yet, you can't do anything.. If it's over 12 weeks, send a direct email to your assessor.. and tell her you've been waiting for that long.. and see what she replies..

Guest newguy2010
if it's not 12 weeks yet, you can't do anything.. If it's over 12 weeks, send a direct email to your assessor.. and tell her you've been waiting for that long.. and see what she replies..

The operator wouldn't tell me the assessor's name. CO IK has left ACS. I guess all I can do is bugging them every day.