Guest sblige

Transferring money abroad

Guest sblige

Can anyone give good advice on the best way to transfer money abroad, from experience? There seems to be lots of different ways and they all say that their way is the best way.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, apologies if I sound grumpy here but you might as well have asked "please tell me what the best car I can buy is?". Just as there are many different cars, for budgets, sizes of family and driving conditions there are many different ways and means to transfer money abroad. The main factors are how much, how often and how long can your money be tied up? (there may be more!). Basically, you need to explain what your situation is before you can expect any decent advice. :wub:

Guest sblige

!!!!! Thanks Peach!

Basically to transfer a few lump sums; small at first but then when the house sells the profit from the house. I also need to sell my car here so a few grand there too. But a lot of banks have a minimum amount so for example if I had £2k that wouldn't be enough but that would probably be one of the amounts I would want to transfer.

The cheapest way I've found for small amounts of money is PayPal - and is instant..

I am looking to transfer the money from my house sale over to WA as i am in the process of purchasing a house over here before they start going up in price. You need to shop around as i have tried MoneyCorp and Torfx and Torfx came up a bit better than Moneycorp plus they are trading for me over the weekend to try and achieve the rate i would ideally like.

Hope this helps. :biggrin:

We arrived in Perth February 2010 & loving it!! :wink:

use money corp ....they are the a1 ......we have lots of money invested in them for our future investstments for business and have never had a problem.............pm me for a moneycorp direct email /number to a real good adviser........

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x