Priority Processing for GSM

ptlabs

Guest guest41018
According to the FAQ (Q11) you are back in the queue. Sorry.

So why does the main information sheet say that we will be contacted by a CO, if allocated, to advise about processing arrangements ?

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest proud2beaussie
Got a case officer November last year, did medicals/PCCs in January this year and waiting since then for Form 80 for wife to be completed.

What do you reckon that means ? Do you think it is some transition arrangement for those on CSL, but not new SOL or a feeble apology from the CO for the changes and a shunting to the back of the queue ?

I wish I knew what it meant for you but I don't sorry,I just noticed the words "hospital pharmacist" on the DIAC site and when I saw that was your occupation I thought it might apply to you,hopefully it does mean that you won't be waiting too much longer but I would hate to give you wrong information and get your hopes up.

I wish you (and everyone waiting) all the best ,I'm only waiting for a partner visa for my girlfriend but I have great sympathy for anyone caught on the rollercoaster that is the Australian immigration system.

All the best to you Roundomus,I hope you have good news soon.

Cheers

Nigel

Guest Mongobear
So why does the main information sheet say that we will be contacted by a CO, if allocated, to advise about processing arrangements ?

Sorry this was not mentioned in the FAQ but in the fact-sheet. Seems you'll have to wait for your CO to contact you. Finger crossed !!!

Applicants with a nominated occupation of Computing Professional (nec), Hospital Pharmacist and Retail Pharmacist, who have already been allocated a case officer, will be contacted directly by their case officer to advise processing arrangements.

Priority 4 is clearly not a priority !!!! Its just a waiting room for Cap and cease in my opinion.

Its states this gp will be dealt with in the order they came in... big deal when you have 3 gps above you.

this is RETROSPECTIVE whatever way any one else wants to Gloss it up. I am pig sick off all this messing around . Yes... there might be a window of opportunity for Gp 4 if not on SMp and you have lodged as it will take a while 6-8 weeks perhaps for Sponsorship under SMP to be lodged with DIAc. But I cant see DIAC dealing with any gp 4 in this time as I doubt if they will be allowed. to

I just hope and pray that somebody is actually human at DIAC and allow those with sponsorship already to be allowed on SMP.

Sorry for ranting but this is so wrong.

Shane

Priority 4 is clearly not a priority !!!! Its just a waiting room for Cap and cease in my opinion.

Its states this gp will be dealt with in the order they came in... big deal when you have 3 gps above you.

this is RETROSPECTIVE whatever way any one else wants to Gloss it up. I am pig sick off all this messing around . Yes... there might be a window of opportunity for Gp 4 if not on SMp and you have lodged as it will take a while 6-8 weeks perhaps for Sponsorship under SMP to be lodged with DIAc. But I cant see DIAC dealing with any gp 4 in this time as I doubt if they will be allowed. to

I just hope and pray that somebody is actually human at DIAC and allow those with sponsorship already to be allowed on SMP.

Sorry for ranting but this is so wrong.

Shane

Hi Shane

I so agree with you right now. The Government lacks a heart unfortunately and seems to only want more money. This really sickens me too. This is absolutely unfair and so wrong.

so I guess we are now priority 3 ? electrician which is on the new list and we have SS ? but no details on timescales so I guess we could still be a 3 year wait? just coming to the end of year one!!! would we still be cat 3 if we didnt have SS ? as we dont actually want to go to Victoria now?

Guest smithys
so I guess we are now priority 3 ? electrician which is on the new list and we have SS ? but no details on timescales so I guess we could still be a 3 year wait? just coming to the end of year one!!! would we still be cat 3 if we didnt have SS ? as we dont actually want to go to Victoria now?

The new client charter update seems to imply priority 3 is 15 month wait from date of lodgement. Still slightly unclear! But may be good news for us new Cat 3's?? Let's hope so.

I too feel the same - our original 175 now has same priority as our 176!!

Good luck x

Hi Shane

I so agree with you right now. The Government lacks a heart unfortunately and seems to only want more money. This really sickens me too. This is absolutely unfair and so wrong.

I see it as sort of reshuffling of the previous priority processing. Only few people benefited though.

Guest JK2510
The new client charter update seems to imply priority 3 is 15 month wait from date of lodgement. Still slightly unclear! But may be good news for us new Cat 3's?? Let's hope so.

I too feel the same - our original 175 now has same priority as our 176!!

Good luck x

OMG is this what happens when i go to work!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

We lodged our 175 in march 2009 then changed to a 176 which was state approved nov 10! I understand they take the 1st lodgement date?? So i should of had my visa last month:biglaugh::biglaugh:! OH is air con engineer and is on new sol! Can somebody advise me??

Thanks Smithys - fingers crossed this will be a positive move and I guess that the agreement to move to that state was at time of application (when applications were taking 8 months!!!) and things change on both sides. Trying not to get too excited!!!! as it may all change again when SMP's come out!!

I have said this before, and I will say it again: the Australian Government's first obligation is to the citizens of Australia. I am afraid that these days there is an enormous demand for skilled visas, and it is the right (some would say duty) of the Immigration Minister to ensure that those entering the country are going to bring skills that do not disadvantage other Australians by displacing their employment opportunities.

I am not saying that I agree with the Minister in all respects, but those who are frustrated and annoyed should recognise the context in which these decisions are made.

See also: Quality of life must take priority in immigration debate | The Australian and No 'top-gear' rush to population growth: Gillard

Indeed, I listened to the PM speaking yesterday. The phrase that struck a chord with me was when she said:

‘‘Friends, I will not allow Australia to ever become a country of which it is said: it’s a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.’’

The population and sustainability issue is a significant issue in this election, and there is barely a fag paper between the two main parties. Indeed there are some who would slash the skilled intake to less than a half of its present size.

Finding that original expectations are dashed is deeply upsetting to many. But I repeat, it is incumbent on the Immigration Minister to make the tough decisions for the benefit of Australia.

Best regards.

I see it as sort of reshuffling of the previous priority processing. Only few people benefited though.

I see the same. They seem to be ignoring all applicants who have lodge prior to 7th May, 2010. This is very unfair. They could have just made it clear right from the beginning. This is not the right way to behave. In my opinion, if the Aussie Government sits with all the visa applicants fees knowing well that they will probably not get their visas, he is sitting on ill earned money and I can tell you that is not good for the Aussie people.

I see the same. They seem to be ignoring all applicants who have lodge prior to 7th May, 2010. This is very unfair.

They could have just made it clear right from the beginning. This is not the right way to behave. In my opinion, if the Aussie Government sits with all the visa applicants fees knowing well that they will probably not get their visas, he is sitting on ill earned money and I can tell you that is not good for the Aussie people.

Please - at the risk of taking this off topic: why is it "not good for the Aussie people"?

I put it to you that the "Aussie people" are bothered about congestion in the cities, the increasing time it takes them to get to work, water shortages, environmental degradation, etc.

Monies paid to DIAC by annoyed skilled visa applicants are not even on the radar of the "Aussie people."

Best regards.

The way I understand it and I hope I am wrong is that my O/H is a painter and decoroator and is on the new SOL (schedule 3), we also have SS so we are now group 3, however, there is also a lot of 175 applications in group 3 so we are now part of an even bigger pot!!! Looking at their processing times document, I am reading it that we still have a 3 year wait unless we are on the SMP when it comes out and then we will move to processing priority group 2 and it will take 15 months. (will be longer though becasue by then we will have been applied over that period of time)

I don't see that this is good news, just another list and still waiting for the SMP. If my understanding is wrong, someone please let me know.

Jules:arghh:

Guest smithys
OMG is this what happens when i go to work!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

We lodged our 175 in march 2009 then changed to a 176 which was state approved nov 10! I understand they take the 1st lodgement date?? So i should of had my visa last month:biglaugh::biglaugh:! OH is air con engineer and is on new sol! Can somebody advise me??

Sorry, wish could help more. Waiting to see now what my agent advises, but I am sure it's just as new to them at the mo!!

I am seroiusly hoping people like you (and myself by the end of this year) will perhaps see some movement soon as in CO maybe???!!!:notworthy:

Lets hope so.

Lots of luck people xx

Rose x

I totally agree Alan and for us it is part of the appeal of Australia. A sensible approach to migration, based on needs and the bigger picture. I just wish they wouldnt take money from people so early, I believe they should take payment as and when you get your case officer. But this is just my opinion. Good luck to everyone x

Hi Alan, some people are upset with the technicalities of visa system like:

1) Uncertainty of processing time. Its not very hard to work that out. These guys know the exact number of applicants in their database, and how many they are going to grant (approximately at least) per year, you can easily work out when a applicant see light at end of the tunnel and be more transparent.

2) Onshore graduates unable to go home: Why are these applicants who finished long years of studies not being allowed to go visit family? Some retarded condition says they need to be onshore while visa is being processed. I fail to see why. Back in old days when it took 2-4 months to get PR, it would have been understandable but now these people might never see light at end of the tunnel, why confine them here with limited options?

Mind you someone with ill relative has to go apply through BV B and go through another hassle at critical point in life.

I am not going to even go into cap n' cease bill.

Yes its about Australia's future which I respect, but you need to realise it also affects people life. A bit of certainty is all they are asking and I am sure that will not destroy Australia's sustainability.

Please - at the risk of taking this off topic: why is it "not good for the Aussie people"?

I put it to you that the "Aussie people" are bothered about congestion in the cities, the increasing time it takes them to get to work, water shortages, environmental degradation, etc.

Monies paid to DIAC by annoyed skilled visa applicants are not even on the radar of the "Aussie people."

Best regards.

With due respect to the Australian Government, I sincerely do not believe they have done the right thing. They represent the Australian People, don't they? I am not disputing the fact that they know what's best for their country, they should do what is best for their country. However, this is something they knew all along and not just yesterday. Taking money from people without having any intentions of doing what was promised is, WRONG and I stand by that.

Hello User Name.

Circumstances change within an economy. The last couple of years are the most obvious example: I think we all know that Governments and (most) economists didn't see the GFC coming.

Yes, certainty would be great. But its not going to happen in the real world. As advisors we have to grapple with the management of expectations. Applicants have the angst, lives in limbo issues to deal with, and I dare say it is all too much for many.

I'm afraid an immigration utopia doesn't exist.

Best regards.

With due respect to the Australian Government, I sincerely do not believe they have done the right thing. They represent the Australian People, don't they? I am not disputing the fact that they know what's best for their country, they should do what is best for their country. However, this is something they knew all along and not just yesterday. Taking money from people without having any intentions of doing what was promised is, WRONG and I stand by that.

With respect, I don't follow all of your comments, although I understand your upset and anger.

Best regards.

Well said Ozzieland, my partner is a Hairdresser we applied Oct 08, got shafted in Jan 09 with the new CSL, got SS from WA last Dec, and now getting Shafted again ... DIAC have $2150.00 dollars of our hard earned money been sitting in there account for over 21 months gaining interest .. they cant budget for the money as if they cap and kill they have to give our money back ..

That is nonse about congestion every major city has congestion .... I found Sydney to have hardly any companred to London ..

Ref the SMP, @ Shan 07 ... I do believe Hairdressers may well be on it.

Everyone is specualting over the new SMP's even some agents until they are released nobody will no for sure, and please do not be offended but I hope all the applicants who where put to the back of the queue when the CSL get put back in front of all Applicants who jumped the queue.

Sorry Rant over

Chris

I totally agree Alan and for us it is part of the appeal of Australia. A sensible approach to migration, based on needs and the bigger picture.

I just wish they wouldnt take money from people so early, I believe they should take payment as and when you get your case officer.

But this is just my opinion. Good luck to everyone x

That is a very good point, and one that I think I shall take to DIAC Central Office to consider.

I know that DIAC has the occasional look at PiO, so I dare say they might expect my query!

Best regards.

Archived