Priority Processing for GSM

ptlabs

Hi all,

This is fresh off the press (19 July 2010 6PM AEST):

The Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Senator Chris Evans, has set new priority processing arrangements for certain skilled migration visas. These arrangements take account of the changes to the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) that came into effect on 1 July 2010, as well as the revocation of the Migration Occupation in Demand List (MODL) and the Critical Skills List (CSL).

Priority Processing Arrangements for General Skilled Migration Visas – 19 July 2010

Regards

Peter

P.S. Gill I also copied this in the Migration Agents sub-forum, since I don't know what the new protocols are...

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rupani
Hi all,

This is fresh off the press (19 July 2010 6PM AEST):

The Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Senator Chris Evans, has set new priority processing arrangements for certain skilled migration visas. These arrangements take account of the changes to the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) that came into effect on 1 July 2010, as well as the revocation of the Migration Occupation in Demand List (MODL) and the Critical Skills List (CSL).

Priority Processing Arrangements for General Skilled Migration Visas – 19 July 2010

Regards

Peter

P.S. Gill I also copied this in the Migration Agents sub-forum, since I don't know what the new protocols are...

Hi,

Latest:

This is the priority processing announced today 19 July 2010:

1) Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS)

2) Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS)

3) Certain General Skilled Migration (GSM) visas. (Listed on SOL)

SMP shall be available in second half of 2010-11.

Therefore DIAC is in position to process Cat 3, right now. I think it is a good news for lots of applicant already applied and have their occupation on SOL.

Best regards

Hey Peter

Thanks for breaking the news

I read through the entire FAQS and found Q17 is kind of good news at least

Q17 I applied for GSM. If my nominated occupation is not in Schedule 3 of the SOL in effect at

1 July 2010 can my application receive higher priority processing?

Yes if you are nominated by a state or territory government under a state migration plan.

Applicants who lodged before 1 July 2010 that have been nominated by a state or territory government agency

in an occupation that is subsequently specified in their nominating state or territory’s state migration plan will

receive processing under priority group 2.

Occupations on the SOL - Schedule 3 in effect at 1 July 2010 – priority group 3

All applicants with a nominated occupation on the SOL - Schedule 3 are included in priority group 3. This includes both independent applicants and applicants sponsored by an Australian family member or nominated by a state or territory government (but not on a state migration plan).

Priority group 3 includes all applicants with a nominated occupation of accountant, except those already included in priority groups 1 or 2.

Please explain what this means?( to Accountants)

Thanks Jag,

They might remove Skill Matching (subclass 134),Skilled – Independent (subclass 136)Skilled – State/Territory-Nominated Independent (subclass 137), Skilled – Australian Sponsored (subclass 138) and Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored (subclass 139) from the client charter.....

Guest Irmaal
Priority group 3 includes all applicants with a nominated occupation of accountant, except those already included in priority groups 1 or 2.

Please explain what this means?( to Accountants)

I am accountant too. Maybe this means, that we also receive a priority processing, even if applying for offshore 175.

Guest rupani
It means all accountant applicants now are in group3, doesnot matter you were in csl or not

YES:jiggy:

FAQ 19 July 2010:

Q13 My nominated occupation is Accountant but I was not eligible for the CSL. What level of

priority processing will I receive?

The occupation of Accountant is included on Schedule 3 of the current Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and

therefore your application will be in priority group 3, except those already included in priority groups 1 or 2.

Best regards

It means all accountant applicants now are in group3, doesnot matter you were in csl or not

OK, this means if accountant is on SMP, we receive processing priority 2

I am waiting to apply for WA SMP under new rules applicable after July 2010

Guest Mongobear

FAQ 19 July 2010:

Q13 My nominated occupation is Accountant but I was not eligible for the CSL. What level of

The occupation of Accountant is included on Schedule 3 of the current Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and

therefore your application will be in priority group 3, except those already included in priority groups 1 or 2.

Best regards

Lucky you ! I'm still in position 4 (175 with no catalysts) but hey, I've been priority 7 before and at least most of the "old" 176ers are now in the same pot and not in front of me ;)

Let's see how the processing times change during the next year. I cannot see why they should need 3 years to process my application when the immigration-program has just been tightened that much. Or is it on purpose ...

Hi Guys

It looks as if State Sponsorship and your occupation on the SMP will get you into Cat 2. Im presuming from Q 15 of the FAQ's

"

Q15 I have been nominated by a state or territory government but my occupation is not listed on a

State Migration Plan. What level of priority processing will my application receive?

If your nominated occupation is not on your state or territory’s State Migration Plan, your application will be

processed on the basis of your nominated occupation. Applicants who have nominated an occupation that is

included in Schedule 3 of the current SOL are in priority processing group 3. An applicant with a nominated

occupation that is included only in Schedule 1 or Schedule 2 of the current SOL is in priority processing

group 4"

So its still possible to have SS without being on the SMP and this will mean that you will be in Cat 4 if your occupation is not on schedule 3 of the new SOL.

Would I be right in saying this?

Cheers

Suzanne

FAQ 19 July 2010:

Best regards

OK, this means if accountant is on SMP, we receive processing priority 2

I am waiting to apply for WA SMP under new rules applicable after July 2010

Guest Mongobear
Now that the Priority processing list is out and SMP is included, does this mean that the the SMPs will be released effective 1st August or whenever they were promised by the states i.e. before the Aussie elections ?

I think this is up to the states/territories.

Now that the Priority processing list is out and SMP is included, does this mean that the the SMPs will be released effective 1st August or whenever they were promised by the states i.e. before the Aussie elections ?

Hope so Ozzieland but sure you never know whats going to happen. Im really crossing our fingers that we are on the SMP otherwise we are stuck in Cat 4 which could be YEARS before we get our visa (and we havent lodged yet).

Suzanne

All applicants with a nominated occupation on the SOL - Schedule 3 are included in priority group 3. This includes both independent applicants and applicants sponsored by an Australian family member or nominated by a state or territory government (but not on a state migration plan).

What does this bold ,Italic line means? This is out my understanding. They always play with words.

Guest GemandJay

Hey Guys n Gals

So if we are on SOL Schedule 3 and we have SS we could or are being bumped to CAT 3 if and when SMP comes out we could bump again to CAT 2. My OH is Carpenter and we applied July 09 and rec'd SS for WA in Jan 2010?? I don't know whether to be happy and pleased cos so many times the rug has been pulled from beneath us on more than one occasion!

Apologies if I have got this completely wrong and don't mean to sound so negative xx

Hope so Ozzieland but sure you never know whats going to happen. Im really crossing our fingers that we are on the SMP otherwise we are stuck in Cat 4 which could be YEARS before we get our visa (and we havent lodged yet).

Suzanne

I am really praying this happens quickly. We have already had to wait for a month since 1st July before this suspense can be broken. It is adding pressure to our already pressured lives, isn't it !!

Hey Guys n Gals

So if we are on SOL Schedule 3 and we have SS we could or are being bumped to CAT 3 if and when SMP comes out we could bump again to CAT 2. My OH is Carpenter and we applied July 09 and rec'd SS for WA in Jan 2010?? I don't know whether to be happy and pleased cos so many times the rug has been pulled from beneath us on more than one occasion!

Apologies if I have got this completely wrong and don't mean to sound so negative xx

You are absolutely right. You will jump to Cat 3 and then possibly Cat 2. This is the time for you to be really excited :biggrin:

What does this bold ,Italic line means? This is out my understanding. They always play with words.

Archived