47SP - Question 9, 27 & 38. And Question about police checks. Can anyone advise?

tloring

Is this a sensible thread to have created?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a sensible thread to have created?

• Yes
    • No

I am a newbie. I am British, my wife is Australian, we have been together for 8 years, married for 4 years and now have two children (both have Australian citizenship by descent and Australian passports). We live in the UK.

We are emigrating to Oz next year (2011), assuming I get a spouse visa. I am currently researching the 47SP form and don't think I need an agent to assist as our situation is straight-forward. But I do have a few questions which I would appreciate some assistance with:

Q9 on 47SP
asks if I or any dependents (whether migrating with me or not) have previously visited Australia and if so to provide travel visa details. I can put in the details for myself, however, my children have visited Australia but because they have citizenship by descent and Oz passports they have not needed visas - do I need to declare these trips for my children, if so do I just leave the travel visa boxes blank?

Q27 on 47SP
asks for address for 2nd stage (permanent) visa process. What is best address to give? I could give my parents-in-law's address in Queensland and then change it once we have emigrated to Oz and have our own house. Would that make sense, or just leave it blank?

Q38 on 47SP
asks about my children. One of the points asks "[Are your children] migrating with you?" and then asks for their passport details if they are migrating. How do I answer this - yes or no? My children are emigrating with my wife and I but because they are already Australian citizens they do not need residents visas and hence do not need to be considered on my visa application form. Should I tick "yes" and supply passport details which will identify them as Australian passport holders? This is a tricky one.

Finally - what UK police checks can I/should I request and how do I do that - do I just go into my local UK police station and ask? Also where on the 47SP do they request that police checks are carried out? Is this something that is requested once my application is received? Is this also the case for medical checks?

I know there are a few questions here but any assistance & experience of the above would be really appreciated.

regards,

Tristan

Hi, welcome to the site! I've just been throught the same visa application (thank god it's over!)

Q9 on 47SP asks if I or any dependents (whether migrating with me or not) have previously visited Australia and if so to provide travel visa details. I can put in the details for myself, however, my children have visited Australia but because they have citizenship by descent and Oz passports they have not needed visas - do I need to declare these trips for my children, if so do I just leave the travel visa boxes blank?

I'd declare the trips for your children, as they're your dependents.

** Actually ignore that, my agent didn't declare my son's travel on his Aussie passport.

Q27 on 47SP asks for address for 2nd stage (permanent) visa process. What is best address to give? I could give my parents-in-law's address in Queensland and then change it once we have emigrated to Oz and have our own house. Would that make sense, or just leave it blank?

What you propose sounds sensible.. I used a migration agent and he ticked the box 'used nominated contact' (i.e. him) so the address really only is used to contact you - rather than keep tabs of your location.

Q38 on 47SP asks about my children. One of the points asks "[Are your children] migrating with you?" and then asks for their passport details if they are migrating. How do I answer this - yes or no? My children are emigrating with my wife and I but because they are already Australian citizens they do not need residents visas and hence do not need to be considered on my visa application form. Should I tick "yes" and supply passport details which will identify them as Australian passport holders? This is a tricky one.

I'm in exactly the same position. My agent added the details of my son and his Australian passport details.

Finally - what UK police checks can I/should I request and how do I do that - do I just go into my local UK police station and ask? Also where on the 47SP do they request that police checks are carried out? Is this something that is requested once my application is received? Is this also the case for medical checks?

You need to print off and submit a form from this website: ACPO: Police Certificates to get your police cert. Your CO will request it from you and your medicals. Although some people submit their medicals and police cert up front (this is called front-loading and used to make the application quicker - in 2010 I'm not so sure this is the case).

Hi, I went through an agent for two reasons 1. I have a minor criminal record from when I was a teenager and wanted guidance on how to cover it in my application. and 2. I'm completely disorganised, by having an agent I was driven to get my application submitted.

In short, having an agent gives you piece of mind. But costs around 700 quid and easily avoidable if you're organised and have a straightforward application.

There's a good spouse visa support thread here: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/58449-summary-spouse-visa-processing-times-offshore-uk-please-add-your-stats-new-post.html

Thanks for the info. I think we will be lodging the application ourselves. I am not sure we are any more organised (2 under 3 year olds help to ensure chaos in the house) but we don't plan to emigrate for another year so we have time on our side.

Thanks for the link to Spouse Visa thread, I will trawl through this thread because I now have a question about visa labels - I have been to Oz with my wife 5 times in last 7 years and I cannot find any visa label details. I know I had them but I have thrown details away.

Thanks again.

Tristan

If you travelled on a electronic visa (Eta for example) you won't have any visa labels, but don't worry DIAC will have this information on their computer. All you need to put is dates of travel, they can do the rest (I've read even rough dates of travel is good enough).

• 2 months later...
I am a newbie. I am British, my wife is Australian, we have been together for 8 years, married for 4 years and now have two children (both have Australian citizenship by descent and Australian passports). We live in the UK.

We are emigrating to Oz next year (2011), assuming I get a spouse visa. I am currently researching the 47SP form and don't think I need an agent to assist as our situation is straight-forward. But I do have a few questions which I would appreciate some assistance with:

Q38 on 47SP
asks about my children. One of the points asks "[Are your children] migrating with you?" and then asks for their passport details if they are migrating. How do I answer this - yes or no? My children are emigrating with my wife and I but because they are already Australian citizens they do not need residents visas and hence do not need to be considered on my visa application form. Should I tick "yes" and supply passport details which will identify them as Australian passport holders? This is a tricky one.

I emailed Australia House about this last week as was also curious, my daughter is only 4 months (I am australian, husband british - daughter born in UK) We are simultaneously submitting partner migration application and citizenship by descent for bubba... anyway - I asked if we should answer 'yes' or 'no' to the migrating with you question, had a next day reply from Aus house:
'If your child shall be entering Australia on an Australian passport, then they do not need to be included on the application form as migrating. The child does need to be declared on the application form, where it asks for the details any children.
:err: (warm and friendly answer, accompanied by 5 patronising pages of migration waffle that I am already aware of) anyway I am assuming this means tick NO -....they won't actually be 'migrating' as they will be entering Australia as citizens....:wub:

I emailed Australia House about this last week as was also curious, my daughter is only 4 months (I am australian, husband british - daughter born in UK) We are simultaneously submitting partner migration application and citizenship by descent for bubba... anyway - I asked if we should answer 'yes' or 'no' to the migrating with you question, had a next day reply from Aus house: 'If your child shall be entering Australia on an Australian passport, then they do not need to be included on the application form as migrating. The child does need to be declared on the application form, where it asks for the details any children. :err: (warm and friendly answer, accompanied by 5 patronising pages of migration waffle that I am already aware of) anyway I am assuming this means tick NO -....they won't actually be 'migrating' as they will be entering Australia as citizens....:wub:

Thanks Cuddles.

I have sent application form and did indeed tick "no" for this question.

Your application for your child's citizenship by descent will be no problem, both my children got theirs with no issues given my wife is Australian.

If you are applying for a Partner Visa for your husband, you should look at the following thread:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/58449-summary-spouse-visa-processing-times-offshore-uk-please-add-your-stats.html

Thanks again

Tloring

• 2 weeks later...

Archived