Our Journey Begins............

Lucysdream

Hello Poms in oz!! :jiggy:

My partner and I have done it at last!! Today we sent the forms to our agent Go Matilda for skills assessment stage 1. I'm very excited/nervous about this very likely long rollcoaster ride. We hope one day we can live our dream of a life in oz.....!! Don't know what current timelines are but I'm guessing 2 to 3 years. Lucky we are young enough to be able to do a working holiday visa in the next couple of years so can spend a year travelling and working before we get(hopefully) PR visa.

I would like to thank anyone who helped us over the pass few months with questions (especially you Kevin JC) :hug: and anyone who will help us in the future!!

Good luck to us all!! :wubclub:

Lucy (& Daniel but I'm the pominoz wizz kid:rolleyes:)

Guest guest33730

You'll be in very safe hands with Go Matilda - imho they are definitely the best!!

Good luck with your plans

Daniel

Awwww shucks :notworthy:

Your very welcome Lucy for the little and often pointless advice i try to offer. Its always a pleasure to talk to you and I also THANK YOU for your support and help too. One day the four of us will share a bottle of bubbley on a beach for sure.

Good Luck Lucy & Dan

Oz will be an even better place when you arrive :yes:

Kev

Awwww shucks :notworthy:

Your very welcome Lucy for the little and often pointless advice i try to offer. Its always a pleasure to talk to you and I also THANK YOU for your support and help too. One day the four of us will share a bottle of bubbley on a beach for sure.

Good Luck Lucy & Dan

Oz will be an even better place when you arrive :yes:

Kev

Yes thats a brillaint idea. :idea: Even if we live different parts of oz thats what road trips and planes were invented for!! I know when we arrive oz will be that little bit more sunny:cool:

Thanks to everybody for their best wishes. If I get a genie and lamp anytime soon I will make sure all our wishes are granted!!

:hug:

Hi Lucy,

You have chosen a great agent, we are also using Go Matilda and my OH has passed his paperwork assessment in May.

Like you we are just at the start of the process and we are excited and full of optimism at the idea of our dream becoming a reality, although you mention being young enough to undertake a working holiday visa, we do not have that option as we are too "old"!!!!!!

I wish you the best of luck and hope that everything goes well for you.

clan mac x

Well done you have started that all important first step. You have chosen well in Go Matilda we have had spot on advice from them and they are I think the best if anyone is going to get you there Alan and his team will do it.:notworthy:

The very best of luck to you and keep in touch with your progress :wubclub:

Well done you have started that all important first step. You have chosen well in Go Matilda we have had spot on advice from them and they are I think the best if anyone is going to get you there Alan and his team will do it.:notworthy:

The very best of luck to you and keep in touch with your progress :wubclub:

Thanks for your comment. Yes I decided to go with them after finding out about them on this site. We only sent forms off yesterday and first payment last night and I have already had an email with the next lot of forms to fill in. I can see with this process then is going to be alot of pen pushing. :arghh: But I'm sure it will be worth it in the end :jiggy:

:hug:There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going (Quote by Go Matilda)

LOL I got through two printers with all of my stuff, thank goodness I managed to get a load of photocopying done at work:wink:

Its no better when you get here, all I have done is fill out forms in fact I think that is going to be my new job title Professional Form Filler :biglaugh:

It is worth it when you get here though we are having a ball:jiggy:

Guest Rachyj

Good luck Lucy!

I know a couple of people have already said this, but you have definately chosen well with the agent! We started our initial assessment with Go Matilda in October 2008 and we were lucky enough to get our visa through by November 2009!

We have been here just over 3 months now and loving it, so I wish you a 'speedy' visa process:biggrin:

Rachy x

What forms are you still filling out now your there Que Sera? I think I need another right hand!! lol ;)

Thanks Rachy. Happy you had a speedy process. I'm not to bothered with it being that fast as got my final year of my course I want to complete which starts September(well if I have passed current year which I won't find out till 16th Aug) Also as my partner and I don't "officially" live together we are moving into a new place in few weeks, so after 12 months which will be August 2011 the agent can add my name to his application as de-facto partner.

Did Go Matilda give you a timeline once your visa was lodged? As when our visa is 12 months or less away we were thinking of doing the working holiday visa, bit of travelling round different parts first and get some ozzy work experience ;) Also as we will prob do a state sponsorship visa we were wanting to see some more of oz again so if after the 2 years of living in our chosen state we decided we preferred somewhere else from our Working holiday we can just try that out instead.

Thanks for every1's feedback xx

Archived