How many of us are going back in the next couple of months or so...?

Conniebygaslight

Guest christi
I've been counting down since July 2009 and finally I can say that we're flying out of here in just 10 days now and I can hardly sleep for the excitement!

We already left Perth 2 weeks ago and are now wishing time away in a series of 3 (deeply depressing) rental properties in Sydney while my husband works in the city.

Our shipment is currently bobbing around out at sea and our dog has already flown back and is waiting for us with family. We've already rented a house in UK for our return (what a 3 act drama that was) and have bought a car that will be waiting for us when we land. Driving licenses have been changed, nursery spots booked and my daughter starts at her new school (a decent education finally) a month later.

It's taken a year of planning to get to where we are now, with a trip back to the UK to sort stuff out in between. I'm glad we organised the move properly for our return - unlike when we initially decided to come to Perth and my husband flew out just 4 days later!

Now just looking forward to being home and hopefully enjoying the rest of that lovely summer they're having. And when the UK winter does start, well I've already stocked up on cheap Uggs and Ugg gloves and I'll just enjoy making the most of central heating and quality house building (with insulation) while I look forward to Xmas!

Did I mention just how excited we are to be leaving???!!!!!

In case you're interested, here's my latest blog on why exactly I need to go home..

Rachel :biggrin:

I shivered with excitement for you, reading your post. It must be such a great feeling, you are so lucky to be off home.We are here for a while yet, but doing everything within our power to speed things up.

Do you mind my asking, but how did you go with getting your dog home, we are taking our 2 cats and little dog home, and was wondering if it all went ok, with your dog, and did you use a company or sort it all out yourself?

Thanks, Christi:biggrin:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just wanted to say, i spoke with my brother at the weekend and he is a carpenter in the south east of England. During the GFC he continued to work, his rates went down quite a bit but he always seemed confident that things would improve. He was saying that now he has more work than he knows what to do with, his money is back to the levels of the boom and he is turning down weekend and private jobs again. He said there is so much building work that has started over the last couple of months and that most of them are big projects which will give him work for a long time.

My SIL, who is a nurse has also just landed a great job, on a higher pay band and she can choose her hours to suit their children.

Just wanted to mention this as we are returning to the UK and have been/are scared and very nervous about the state of the country. So much doom and gloom and bad stories about a country (my country) that is on its knees and where it rains for 9 months of the year and everyone is running for the exit point.

Time will tell for us i suppose but its not all bad and surely if the construction industry is on the up this is a great sign for the future?

Anyway, don't know but just wanted to share it.

Got to show my OH this, he is a carpenter and worried about returning due to work!! I am a nurse and hope i can land a job similar to my work here in Oz. That post boasted me cheers!!

Archived