How many of us are going back in the next couple of months or so...?

Conniebygaslight

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest proud2beaussie

Well Jo is going on Friday so she's feeling a bit sad but she will be back as soon as she sells her house.

Good luck with your return.

Hi, We are going back in 6 weeks and are busy organising things-still counting the days as can't really come quick enough in some respects but not in others (leaving family)....just wondered how others are feeling with the return getting closer....

Why are you going back?

Guest wingywangwoo
Wow- where are you heading back to and how long have you been here-how are you feeling about it all?

Heading back to Bournemouth! Been here long enough to know now is not the right time for us! Not saying we will never return, just don't know when.

To be honest we are feeling really great at the thought of going home, back to normality and allowed to be and feel british! (Plus lots of other reasons).

How about you?

John

hi, we are going back in 6 weeks and are busy organising things-still counting the days as can't really come quick enough in some respects but not in others (leaving family)....just wondered how others are feeling with the return getting closer....

.......me! :0) :0) :0)

Guest chris955

Well I have just booked a return trip for 3 weeks in September, part work and mostly fun just to make sure the permanent trip is the right thing.

I really can't wait to go to a proper pub and have a wonderful pint and pub meal.

Guest Guest37175
Well I have just booked a return trip for 3 weeks in September, part work and mostly fun just to make sure the permanent trip is the right thing.

I really can't wait to go to a proper pub and have a wonderful pint and pub meal.

Me too!, absolutely gagging for a decent pint of Bitter and fish and chips. Simple pleasures :smile:

Guest Guest37175
Hi, We are going back in 6 weeks and are busy organising things-still counting the days as can't really come quick enough in some respects but not in others (leaving family)....just wondered how others are feeling with the return getting closer....

7 weeks today. Slightly terrified, but mostly ecstatic!

Guest valleylass

Good luck to you all, I found the return harder emotionally than the leaving but boy was it worth it. It took a little while but jobs came thick and fast once they did. Our two year plan of action is taking shape and we are thrilled with the school reports the kids have had. We hope to move into our new house within the month and although Oz is behind us for now, it will always be part of the shape our family has become.

Enjoy the buzz, and Ozsceptic: Waitrose deliver

Best wishes one and all

valleylass

hey,

How long did everyone "stick it out" for before they made the decision... Have you been back to the UK for a visit first, or did you just know.

Where is everyone leaving from. Melbourne? Perth? Sydney etc....

AND what has made them make that decision... Did they want to come in the first place.

I hope everyone answers these questions. I am interested in the answers. I too, since arriving (only two months ago) are wrestling with the thought that UK is where I want to be but not sure if its that, or if its Melbourne thats not for us....

HELP>

Guest TA01085

Been here 5 years, going back to UK Next month but alas only for a visit. Good luck to all those moving back permanently, have a REAL beer for me.

hey,

How long did everyone "stick it out" for before they made the decision... Have you been back to the UK for a visit first, or did you just know.

Where is everyone leaving from. Melbourne? Perth? Sydney etc....

AND what has made them make that decision... Did they want to come in the first place.

I hope everyone answers these questions. I am interested in the answers. I too, since arriving (only two months ago) are wrestling with the thought that UK is where I want to be but not sure if its that, or if its Melbourne thats not for us....

HELP>

We're moving back from Qld- Oz is just not for us although Aussie husband and he doesn't like it here either-PM me if you wish to know why as it just gets too long and boring to put on here and end up being umped on and called an Oz hater which I'm not. Goin back to Yorkshire and been here since Jan-cost us a fortune but hey ho!

I also have friends in Melbourne who live a 5 star life there paid for by employers and they hate it they are tied in to a 3 year contract and are 18 months in but can't wait to return. I have a friend in Sydney who has hated it for 5 years and moves back in December-both to our village- it depends where you are from and wha you've given up I think - not enough yes's for us I'm afraid.

Good luck to you- a couple of months is no long to make a decision bu don't tie yourself t a time- you wil know when you've had enough or not. I just couldn't ever imagine living here forever....:arghh:

Guest chris955

Sorry that can't be right, isn't unemployment 130% over there ? Don't forget that your kids wont be able to step outside the house for 13 months of the year and when they do they will just hang around on street corners. :laugh:

Good luck to you all, I found the return harder emotionally than the leaving but boy was it worth it. It took a little while but jobs came thick and fast once they did. Our two year plan of action is taking shape and we are thrilled with the school reports the kids have had. We hope to move into our new house within the month and although Oz is behind us for now, it will always be part of the shape our family has become.

Enjoy the buzz, and Ozsceptic: Waitrose deliver

Best wishes one and all

valleylass

Been here 5 years, going back to UK Next month but alas only for a visit. Good luck to all those moving back permanently, have a REAL beer for me.

Not bothered about a real Ale- just want to feel alive again to be honest- feel like we've been set adrift from the real world here. Feel like it's an Aussie Cult (the kids having to stand to sing the national anthem every week from age 4/5 seems a lttle odd...)

Hey Chris,

I know you say that the kids will be on the street corners in the UK, but thats EXACTLY what I have seen here too... PLUS the drug culture seems more acceptable here.

Its early days for me, but currently other than the weather I have not seen anything that would make me think that life is better in Oz. Even for work, you have to have a certificate to tie your shoe laces.

I am highly qualified in the UK, and hold a NEBOSH distinction in health and safety and I cant get an interview for a OHS job here.!!

I guess I just need some convincing ....

Hey Chris,

I know you say that the kids will be on the street corners in the UK, but thats EXACTLY what I have seen here too... PLUS the drug culture seems more acceptable here.

Its early days for me, but currently other than the weather I have not seen anything that would make me think that life is better in Oz. Even for work, you have to have a certificate to tie your shoe laces.

I am highly qualified in the UK, and hold a NEBOSH distinction in health and safety and I cant get an interview for a OHS job here.!!

I guess I just need some convincing ....

Hi NP I think you'll find that Chris was being rather tongue in cheek- he loves the UK and is making reference to the comments we have from other people who say it rains in the UK every month of the year and it's full of hoodies

C:jiggy:

Archived