and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lammies

Visiting before emigrating

Guest Lammies

Hi we are very new to this, so please bear with us.

We are visiting Queensland for 5 weeks, staying with friends who moved out over a year ago. They have convinced us Australia is the place to live. Husband is a carpenter and I work with special needs children as a teaching assistant. Our two children, both boys 12 and 14, are a little dubious about moving.

We have decided to come and have a good look around at schools, jobs, areas etc. Whilst we are visiting we also want to visit Sydney, stay for a couple of nights and walk Harbour Bridge.

Any advice on the above would be much appreciated.

Many thanks:wink:

Hi we are very new to this, so please bear with us.

We are visiting Queensland for 5 weeks, staying with friends who moved out over a year ago. They have convinced us Australia is the place to live. Husband is a carpenter and I work with special needs children as a teaching assistant. Our two children, both boys 12 and 14, are a little dubious about moving.

We have decided to come and have a good look around at schools, jobs, areas etc. Whilst we are visiting we also want to visit Sydney, stay for a couple of nights and walk Harbour Bridge.

Any advice on the above would be much appreciated.

Many thanks:wink:

Welcome :wink: You're lucky to have friends here already - that'll be a great help when you're looking around and getting a feel for the place. Only thing I would suggest, is to remember to do all the touristy stuff too - rather than just getting caught up in the suburbs and schools etc. Above all ..... have fun :cute:

17/6/09 - Lodged 175, CSL ........ Visa Grant - 28/1/10 ........ Arrived in Brisbane - 2/7/10 :jiggy:

Guest Lammies

I think you're right. Definitely looking forward to all of it.