Reasons not to come to Oz

Guest TA01085

Guest The Ropey HOFF
I'll do me best but I'm still busy...............Jake's bought 3 of each species of S American Cichlids.............mean beasts that kick the crup out of each other (something like PIO posters) :biglaugh: I spend half the day moving fish from one tank to another to stop 'em fighting and the other half tending their wounds.................I've only come back to lick Jim's, for him (wounds that is), :biglaugh:

kev

Hi kev

me wounds were self inflicted, i didn't take any direct hits from anyone, but my massive blows to the enemy were so devastating that i had to cease the onslaught:wink:

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest30038
Hi kev

me wounds were self inflicted, i didn't take any direct hits from anyone, but my massive blows to the enemy were so devastating that i had to cease the onslaught:wink:

Same here Jim............the shrapnel doesn't bother me but the barrage of negative posts had me in shell shock so I dragged meself off to the sick bay (aka fish room) to get me hearing back :wink:

It's "over the top" for me again but no dicking or weaving now I've got me kevlar vest back on and me ear defenders in :wink:

kev

I will point out that I am a first gen Aussie, and lurker to the site, it's an invaluable

resource to all in Aus and those who have not yet made the jump. I wish to antagonise nobody and my comments are directed at nobody in particular. In the case of my parents -the answer would be the enjoyment of a communist regime

after losing (taking) of all you owned. your children would lose their native language.

My parents left with a suitcase each ....looking forward to a new life, knowing full well

they were at the mercy of a government in a country for two years - a country whose language they knew not a word of

Good old ABC radio educated them to language, after being yelled at by "well-meaning" Aussies, they were'nt deaf or stupid - just didn't understand the language

There was no "easy ride" no airconditioners or houses with swimming pools

I grew up in fact in Mount Isa, a place I don't think is a hub for british migrants

Look, my point would be they chose over the devil(s) they KNEW in favour of something they knew nothing of....and when occasionally I skim this site, I think it needs to be said that many Australians are GRATEFUL for what this country has given them in return for your loyalty and hard work.

Phew that said - good luck to those waiting and those here, I love reading your updates and really admire pommypaul for his given it a go attitude and photos

many of your names are familiar. it is a BRILLIANT site - really well done

Guest peterd869

ok things that i hate about Oz is the bad:

food

healthcare

police

transport

beer

bogans every where (the difference between a hi class aussie and a low class aussie, is the a hi class aussie has money!)

50 years behind the rest of the world

the amount of ads on TV

Fellow poms jar me off most of the ones I've met have have been the sort of people we came to get away from. They seem to think you only have to work 20 hours a week, jobs are 2 a penny and you spend all your time on the beach and having bbqs and because its not like that and someone was rude to them they want to go home.

Guest guest36762
ok things that i hate about Oz is the bad:

food

healthcare

police

transport

beer

bogans every where (the difference between a hi class aussie and a low class aussie, is the a hi class aussie has money!)

50 years behind the rest of the world

the amount of ads on TV

Assuming this post is serious, can you be any more specific ?

I am really hacked off... Tasmania is so laid back its hard to find anyone vertical:laugh:

I thought you liked that type of life laid back ,i need to come over and give you a wake up call ..

parko

Guest siamsusie
I thought you liked that type of life laid back ,i need to come over and give you a wake up call ..

parko

:cool:Oh Parki, :hug:lovely to see you.... what you want me vertical for a change, make up your mind pudlian:wubclub: Susie xx

Guest peterd869

food the food is poor quality badly cooked

healthcare my son and then wife nearly died. there fault

police think everyone is a mass murder

transport a train every 30 min

beer tastes bad

50 years behind the rest of the world, in technology, health and general attitude

the amount of ads on TV

:swoon:

beer tastes bad

50 years behind the rest of the world, in technology, health and general attitude

the amount of ads on TV

There are regular flights back to UK...:yes:

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest guest36762

beer tastes bad

the amount of ads on TV

Again I can't be sure if this is serious. In terms of food, surely you can cook it yourself. Maybe if you could describe your situation, ie where you live, how long you've been there etc

Guest guest37336

beer tastes bad

the amount of ads on TV

I have to agree with the above post, NOT.

I once had a bad meal at a roadside diner, after which I got food poisoning and the medics couldn't have cared less. On the way to hospital I was stopped by the police and asked if I had carried out an axe murder. Because they impounded my car I had to take a train, which was five minute late. The buffet car on the train only sold really bad tasting beer, and the bird behind the bar was obviously common as muck because she only earns a pittance. When I finally got to hospital I found every thing really archaic, and god almighty, crap in house TV.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Cheers Tony

food the food is poor quality badly cooked - suggest getting cooking lessons!

healthcare my son and then wife nearly died. there fault - sorry to hear that...but the same happens in the UK - my experience of healthcare..couldn't fault doctors/ambos

police think everyone is a mass murder - they have a job to do..we had all sorts in our house when I lost my son...but sadly some people do kill their children even in the UK!

transport a train every 30 min - we have trains into Perth every 15 mins..in the UK same places have a couple of trains a day!!

beer tastes bad = so drinnk something else

bogans every where (the difference between a hi class aussie and a low class aussie, is the a hi class aussie has money!) = ???not where we live

50 years behind the rest of the world, in technology, health and general attitude = this I am sorry is just cr*p

the amount of ads on TV = so get out more and don't watch so much TV!!

Guest peterd869

what u not think that after 1o years being here that i would know what i am talking about. also i was a chef.

Maybe I am to good for Australia!

Guest guest36762
what u not think that after 1o years being here that i would know what i am talking about. also i was a chef.

You might know what you're talking about but you're not very good at expressing it

Guest peterd869

Ok in short I am not impressed with Australia.

Whats good about being in Australia?

Good things are:

Big cans of soft drink,

Better burgers

Guest guest37336

Good things are:

Big cans of soft drink,

Better burgers

Sorry mate but you used the word 'impressed'. On all the bumff that DIAC sent you did you tick the box that said, 'You Have To Be Impressed' with Australia and the Australians, before we will LET YOU INTO OUR COUNTRY.

I am NOT for one minute saying that certain things in Australia do not rile me, yes, I have had some bad meals, some obnoxious oiks of coppers, blah, blah, blah. But to use a sweeping generalistaion like you did is not only unjust but wholly inaccurate.

DIAC did not say for one minute that a prerequisite for entering Australia is to be 'impressed' by it. They looked at your skills, age, etc, and decided that you were a WORTHY candidate for migration.

Honestly mate, I do symapthise to a degree, but kicking and screaming about certain aspects of Australia is all well and good, but only if backed up with educated reason and a willingness to accept that Australia did give YOU the opportunity to start a new life, not many places in the world will do that.

Cheers Tony

Guest guest30038

50 yrs behind the rest of the world does it for me. He obviously hasn't been to Afghanistan :biglaugh:

Guest guest30038
There are regular flights back to UK...:yes:

Cheers, Bobj.

Took the words right out of my mouth..........well something similar.........mine began with an "f" :biglaugh:

kev

Guest guest30038
I have to agree with the above post, NOT.

I once had a bad meal at a roadside diner, after which I got food poisoning and the medics couldn't have cared less. On the way to hospital I was stopped by the police and asked if I had carried out an axe murder. Because they impounded my car I had to take a train, which was five minute late. The buffet car on the train only sold really bad tasting beer, and the bird behind the bar was obviously common as muck because she only earns a pittance. When I finally got to hospital I found every thing really archaic, and god almighty, crap in house TV.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Cheers Tony

So that's why you buggered off back! :biglaugh:

kev

Guest guest30038

Good things are:

Big cans of soft drink,

Better burgers

I get it.......the bogans aren't bogan enough for you then? :biglaugh:

Guest guest30038

Possibly...............your spelling is better than most :biglaugh:

kev

Guest Shreen

I think it’s great that we have a site like poms in oz where we can share our stories. But even though I love reading people's stories (I generally do) and feel their positive's/ negatives etc there experience in no way would ever have an affect on my opinion or choices I may or may not make. I am individualist! Its a rubbish comparison, but its like with films, people say "It's rubbish don't bother seeing it", no way would I not bother as you have to experience it yourself!

Archived