Reasons not to come to Oz

Guest TA01085

When it is sports day at our school it inevitably RAINS!!!

The lack of competitive sport in schools in the UK is a joke. For non-academic kids, some form of competitive sport may be the only positive thing they get out of schooling, and to prohibit that is a big shame for them.

I will find out in due course about the Australian system. My experience of nieces and nephews in NSW is that it can get a bit much at times.

Absolutely it does seem to be from one extreme to another-hey drag the little 4 year old across the field-the 6 year olds are doing high/long jumps every sort of sport you can imagine. I was really impressed with this at first until I went to be a helper in the school...the teachers care more about who's winning the footy than who can count or read.! (and that's the female one's):huh:

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Ropey HOFF

Heres my 10 PIO quoted reasons for not going to OZ.

1. Its too hot and when its not hot its too cold.

2. Crimes worse than the uk.

3. ALL Australians are racist and hate Poms.

4. Sharks, crocs, snakes and spiders are definately gonna kill you.

5. The Aussies are ALL Boguns.

6. Theres NO culture.

7. You can't get a big sized house anymore because they are too dear.

8. ALL Aborignes are criminals and drunks.

9. Education is rubbish, years behind the UK.

10. Theres no jobs in Australia, its a myth.

Fortunately i don't believe any of this rubbish and having been twice now i have to say i think Australia is the best country in the world, but i can't have an opinion because i don't live there, so just ignore what i have said.

Guest guest36762

The only 'romance' most Aussies that I knew in England were after was a bunk-up with a willing Kiwi after a big session down the nearest Walkabout!

not forgetting the Contiki tour-every young Aussie's 'education' about the beauty, complexity and history of Europe....as seen from a bus full of pissed up 'Strayans doing moonies at each other, and having as much drunken sloppy nookie as possible.....CLASSSSS!

Guest guest36762
i can't have an opinion because i don't live there, so just ignore what i have said.

consider it done

not forgetting the Contiki tour-every young Aussie's 'education' about the beauty, complexity and history of Europe....as seen from a bus full of pissed up 'Strayans doing moonies at each other, and having as much drunken sloppy nookie as possible.....CLASSSSS!

Unlike yer typical english "gent/lady" tourists in spain and greece etc then?:wink:

Guest guest36762
Unlike yer typical english "gent/lady" tourists in spain and greece etc then?:wink:

much the same, very true Pabby:santatrumpet:

Guest siamsusie

article-0-0224E94300000578-839_468x333.jpg

Classssssssss! Sex, drugs, booze and violence: Welcome to Malia, the 'party' resort serving up a lethal holiday cocktail for young Brits | Mail Online

The DM cant always be wrong:wink:There is a great deal of sexual infection. At the moment we are seeing a lot of people with gonorrhoea. One girl or boy with it might infect ten to 20 other people on their holiday.

Classssssssss! Sex, drugs, booze and violence: Welcome to Malia, the 'party' resort serving up a lethal holiday cocktail for young Brits | Mail Online

The DM cant always be wrong:wink:There is a great deal of sexual infection. At the moment we are seeing a lot of people with gonorrhoea. One girl or boy with it might infect ten to 20 other people on their holiday.

makes me glad im an arl fellah that susie:wideeyed::biglaugh:

Guest guest36762

I'm not for a minute saying you're wrong Susie, but please don't quote the Daily Mail! It seems everything they report is underlined by some self-righteous or sinister motive

Guest siamsusie
makes me glad im an arl fellah that susie:wideeyed::biglaugh:

:elf::vampire::elf:

Pabs

:hug:

Guest siamsusie
I'm not for a minute saying you're wrong Susie, but please don't quote the Daily Mail! It seems everything they report is underlined by some self-righteous or sinister motive

I dont have time to read it Doms tbh, I receive all the daily goss from PIO, but that aside, there are disgusting tourists from all over the world, people I would avidly avoid, and it really isnt fair to target one sector of the universe for bogandom or chav behaviour:hug:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
consider it done

Hey Harpo

for some reason i don't think you will stick to this quote, you seem to HAVE TO answer my posts, or are you saying you won't reply from now on.:biglaugh:

Guest guest30038
Hey kev

i thought ALL Ozzies had no sense of humour?

Which tank was it kev and did you lose any fish?

They ALL have no sense of humour Jim, 'cause they're ALL taking their sport too seriously :rolleyes: :biglaugh:

Not a tank you've seen Jim. I've been AWOL 'cause I've been building a fish room in the garage for Jake (27 tanks). It was a 2nd hand one which I should have checked more carefully before filling up :rolleyes:..Oh my God! How we larfed.........but then again, we're not Aussies, we're Poms and Poms have the best sense of humour in the world, dontcha know? :wink:

Guest guest30038
Thank God you are back!:arghh:

Need a bit of help in the "fair and balanced view" department do ya gal?:tongue:

kev

Guest guest36762
Hey Harpo

for some reason i don't think you will stick to this quote, you seem to HAVE TO answer my posts, or are you saying you won't reply from now on.:biglaugh:

Hey Helen,

sorry but you invited that one.

:12:

Guest guest36762
Oh! I have no words left Pabs pmsl :hug:

susie, you seem to be doing a lot of this lately. I'd see your gyno

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Hey Helen,

sorry but you invited that one.

:12:

I thought not.:biglaugh::laugh: you say your gonna ignore me and then you reply 2 minutes later.

Guest siamsusie
Need a bit of help in the "fair and balanced view" department do ya gal?

kev

:happy_face_mummy_go yes please Kev, I need my daily chuckle:hug:

Guest guest36762
I thought not.:biglaugh::laugh: you say your gonna ignore me and then you reply 2 minutes later.

I can't help not being slow!

You asked in your post (the bit I quoted) to ignore everything you've SAID (past tense), I will of course try to ignore eveything you say in future, but sometimes its hard

Guest guest30038
:happy_face_mummy_go yes please Kev, I need my daily chuckle:hug:

I'll do me best but I'm still busy...............Jake's bought 3 of each species of S American Cichlids.............mean beasts that kick the crup out of each other (something like PIO posters) :biglaugh: I spend half the day moving fish from one tank to another to stop 'em fighting and the other half tending their wounds.................I've only come back to lick Jim's, for him (wounds that is), :biglaugh:

kev

Archived