Reasons not to come to Oz

Guest TA01085

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hardly-I've not seen a romanticised view about the UK anywhere! The Aussie's are taught from a very young age that this is the lucky country. Us Brits are so negative which can be a pain but Inow see it that it's simply becasue we are better informed and are encouraged to have an opinion-here Australia is rammed down your throat so much you are forced to believe, believe, believe....a bit scary to be honest.

Lots of Aussies think the Uk is a dreadful dreary grey place with high crime and terraced houses no space or greenery. However when they go it's a different story.

I suppose it depends who you talk to, one Aussie mum thought it always snowed at Christmas time in the UK. How picture perfect is that!!

Lol:biglaugh:

Yes but can you imagine if the German flag had to be flown in London to 'commererate the humiliating defeat' that's what they do at the State of Origin.

Thou shalt not lose-Australian people:huh:

or the FA Cup Final played in Wales!

Hope you get sorted Denise-have't seen you on here for a while so hoped you were settling in. Connie x

Hi Connie - thanks. Things have settled down a little, still don't see myself being here forever, but I'm just trying to get on with it for now. I've stopped counting down days, hours, weeks, months!!!!!! which I guess is a positive, but its such a strange feeling xxx

Guest guest30038
I am really hacked off... Tasmania is so laid back its hard to find anyone vertical:laugh:

That's 'cause they're either plissed or having a bit of nooky :biglaugh:

kev

Guest guest30038
we all become so bloody serious that we forget how to have fun ???????????

Not me. I had a bundle of laughs last night...........just going to bed and a fish tank burst..........100 gallon one.............Oh my God! how I larfed :biglaugh:

kev

Guest guest30038
Saw on the news that there is to be a "morone" -(maroon) flag placed at Sydney Harbour Bridge to commemorate the defeat in the State of Origin!

OMG do they actually punish people here for losing-it's like Tenko!

Its for a larf.........for Gawds sakes! :rolleyes:

Guest guest30038
Fcats are:

2. discussions at ex pat meet up groups revolve around how difficult it is to make friends

facts are.....if they need an ex pat meet to make friends, perhaps they're sad bastards! If they have to have a meet where the conversation REVOLVES around the difficulty of making friends, then it's no bloody wonder they ain't got any. :arghh:

yes, I know, it's not a FACT..........just as your statements aren't.

Yeah I bet the losing team think it's hilarious given the carry on they make they take it deadly serious....the news reader certainly did that was telling it.

The Australian humour obviously passes me by...shame just when I was beginning to feel at home here:biglaugh:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hey kev

i thought ALL Ozzies had no sense of humour?

One thing that would stop me coming to Australia which is the best country to live in, in the world, is YOU.......................................getting in first on the bulk buying of the huge steaks that you cooked for us on your barbie and finding out that all that was left was the scrag end.

Which tank was it kev and did you lose any fish?

Guest siamsusie
facts are.....if they need an ex pat meet to make friends, perhaps they're sad bastards! If they have to have a meet where the conversation REVOLVES around the difficulty of making friends, then it's no bloody wonder they ain't got any. :arghh:

yes, I know, it's not a FACT..........just as your statements aren't.

Thank God you are back!:arghh:

Yeah I bet the losing team think it's hilarious given the carry on they make they take it deadly serious....the news reader certainly did that was telling it.

The Australian humour obviously passes me by...shame just when I was beginning to feel at home here:biglaugh:

At least they've got the winning mentality tho connie?none of that "its the taking part" garbage they spout here?

At least they've got the winning mentality tho connie?none of that "its the taking part" garbage they spout here?

Gets a bit much though Pablo- when it's sports day at school- they do nothing for weeks but train for it- none of the educational rubbish- no lessons heaven forbid a 5 year old can't run around the oval...I'm all for competitive sports but FGS!

Gets a bit much though Pablo- when it's sports day at school- they do nothing for weeks but train for it- none of the educational rubbish- no lessons heaven forbid a 5 year old can't run around the oval...I'm all for competitive sports but FGS!

When it is sports day at our school it inevitably RAINS!!!

The lack of competitive sport in schools in the UK is a joke. For non-academic kids, some form of competitive sport may be the only positive thing they get out of schooling, and to prohibit that is a big shame for them.

I will find out in due course about the Australian system. My experience of nieces and nephews in NSW is that it can get a bit much at times.

Lmao,cant comment on the school thing mate,but taking the p7ss is what sport is all about to me,ok i only follow footy, but i love the stick/banter,it'l be the same on here next season.

Give it out when yer can because your gonna get it when "they" have the opportunity?

I take it yer still on yer way home then?!:wink:

Guest Guest37175

[QUOTE=shark;808332]that could be said for allot off Aussies going to the UK, having romanticised view of the way things are here.:wink:

The only 'romance' most Aussies that I knew in England were after was a bunk-up with a willing Kiwi after a big session down the nearest Walkabout!

Lmao,cant comment on the school thing mate,but taking the p7ss is what sport is all about to me,ok i only follow footy, but i love the stick/banter,it'l be the same on here next season.

Give it out when yer can because your gonna get it when "they" have the opportunity?

I take it yer still on yer way home then?!:wink:

Don't see much sport banter here Pablo- it's way too serious for that!

Oh yes we are :wink:

Don't see much sport banter here Pablo- it's way too serious for that!

Oh yes we are :wink:

Tbh connie im gonna struggle for sport banter,no interest whatsoever in cricket or rugby so i'l have to find some man utd fans to argue with,im sure i'l find someone:biggrin:

Archived