I have a couple of questions about bridging visas

RockDr

Hi all,

I am currently on a Working Holiday Visa and will be applying for an onshore partner visa. I will have worked for my employer for 6 months, and have a permanent offer from them with a start date a few days after my WHV runs out.

1) how do I apply for a bridging visa A? is the application for the bridging visa inherent in the application for the partner visa? Do I need to fill out any extra forms or is it just given automatically when I go to submit my application at the Adelaide office?

2) will the bridging visa A automatically have the same work rights as my current WHV visa? so I can work for another 6months for my employer? Is there any chance that they might randomly apply a "no work" condition to my bridging visa?

thanks

RockDr

PS: also who's stupid idea was it to have the World Cup Final at 4am on a monday morning??

Guest perfectstranger

1) You need not / cannot apply for a bridging visa A. It is automatically issued when you apply for an onshore permanent visa application. Once you apply for your onshore partner visa, wait until you receive an acknowledgement from DIAC that your application has been received. That acknowledgement will contain details of the automatic bridging visa that has been issued to you.

2) Depends on which bridging visa you are issued. Bridging visa A has full work rights (no travel rights though), whereas Bridging visa E has no work rights....Again, your acknowledgement from DIAC will detail type of bridging visa that has been issued.

Hi again,

you can disregard those questions, just spoke to my employer and they're going to bring forward my permanent start date and push through a 457, so the bridging visa won't be needed :)

thanks anyway,

RockDr

Archived