ITS WINTER !!!! YEH X nearly 6 months !!!

pau1evs

:arghh:SO ITS WINTER OVER HERE AND I WOULD LIKE TO WARN ANYONE WHO IS RELOCATING OR EVEN THINKING THAT OZ IS HOT xxx

and its NOT THE LAND OF MAKE BELIEVE !! or even WOW xx

its not

but if this is as bad a winter gets great xxx

i sat on the beach today in jumper coat jeans and uggs but the sun was fab and the kids really enjoyed having to run about !!!! but when the sun goes down !!! which at the mo is middle of winter is about 5.30 the earliest it got was about 4.45 !!!

BUT!!!!

I WOULD LIKE A SUMMER INBETWEEN !!!! and thats my problem !!!

yeh i left the uk in january in lovely snow and ice which had frozen over the top and packed up our belongings into a container in that !!!! and isnt it funny when you go to look for something that NEVER ARRIVED !!!

and renting is **** xxx sorry guys but it is xxxx but is makes you realise what you

need from your next place !! you cant hang a picture or mirror without permission !!!!

to arrive in to heat in january and runaround like an headless chickens it was not fun x

but you have to documents that prove WHO YOU ARE for rentals etc xxx so medicare and drivers licence and copies of your visas etc it takes time !!!! including bank statements !!!!!! might be worth getting the copies before you come !!!!!!

and thats before they even consider YOU !!!!and then these properties get an 30min slot !!!! as an open inspection

so you could be on your own or 20 other people behind YOU !!!!

we were lookin for air con and a pool !!! yeh "" great now we are looking for heating !!!! melbourne is cold !!! and especially if you dont have heatin !! air con !!!!

they dont have DOUBLE GLAZING ON WINDOWS WHICH IS A LAUGH !!!!!!

AND BE PREPARED TO NEED A LICENCE TO FART !!!! i am serious !!!!

i am looking for a part time job with kids !!!!!!!

yeh !!! guess what i said to everyone in the uk that that is when the **** hits the fan i have had enough that i decide to work in mccdonalds !!!!!!! (OR MACCS) i need a licence to handle FOOD !!!!!!! which costs money !!! more fff money ! not happneing !!!!

so my 6 months in has been **** xxx but thats mine xxx i have posted about meeting people etc but it is so like the uk xxxs freezing cold and dark and dreary xxxx its winter xxxx but in the uk you have nights to break it up !!! like hallowen,guy fawkes,xmas , new year

:arghh:SO ITS WINTER OVER HERE AND I WOULD LIKE TO WARN ANYONE WHO IS RELOCATING OR EVEN THINKING THAT OZ IS HOT xxx

its not

i sat on the beach today in jumper coat jeans and uggs but the sun was fab and the kids really enjoyed having to run about !!!! but when the sun goes down !!! which at the mo is middle of winter is about 5.30 the earliest it got was about 4.45 !!!

BUT!!!!

yeh i left the uk in january in lovely snow and ice which had frozen over the top and packed up our belongings into a container in that !!!! and isnt it funny when you go to look for something that NEVER ARRIVED !!!

and renting is **** xxx sorry guys but it is xxxx but is makes you realise what you

need from your next place !! you cant hang a picture or mirror without permission !!!!

to arrive in to heat in january and runaround like an headless chickens it was not fun x

but you have to documents that prove WHO YOU ARE for rentals etc xxx so medicare and drivers licence and copies of your visas etc it takes time !!!! including bank statements !!!!!! might be worth getting the copies before you come !!!!!!

and thats before they even consider YOU !!!!and then these properties get an 30min slot !!!! as an open inspection

we were lookin for air con and a pool !!! yeh "" great now we are looking for heating !!!! melbourne is cold !!! and especially if you dont have heatin !! air con !!!!

yeh !!! guess what i said to everyone in the uk that that is when the **** hits the fan i have had enough that i decide to work in mccdonalds !!!!!!! (OR MACCS) i need a licence to handle FOOD !!!!!!! which costs money !!! more fff money ! not happneing !!!!

so my 6 months in has been **** xxx but thats mine xxx i have posted about meeting people etc but it is so like the uk xxxs freezing cold and dark and dreary xxxx its winter xxxx but in the uk you have nights to break it up !!! like hallowen,guy fawkes,xmas , new year

its not

BUT!!!!

The worlds weather is all over the shop .......high 20s in the uk again over the weekend ........hosepipe bans soon

The worlds weather is all over the shop .......high 20s in the uk again over the weekend ........hosepipe bans soon

thanks xxx lol xxx

great i wish xxx 4 minute showers xxx yeh "!!!!! try freezing to much to take a shower !!!!!! :shocked:

BOIL !!!! WILL I FREEZE XXXX BRRRRR 2 WINTERS !!!! LOL

Guest famousfive

When I came here 18mths ago I became a stay at home mom for the first time in 5yrs and wanted to make a wee bit of extra cash,so naturally I decided to knit some wollen gloves,scarves,hats etc.. to sell at the markets.As you do in 30c heat!!

To cut a long stort short I clacked away on the knitting needles for a few months with everyone laughing at me and telling me I was mad,then come winter went to the local market and sold the lot,$2,347 in one day.

Crazy?Nah. Who's laughing now?lol

And yes it does get bloomin cold.

Guest juliemtaylor

Carole, I definately need to come over next week to give you a big hug then!!!

Things will be ok, trust me. I've been down too, cold getting to me too I guess. At least kids will be back next week so we can gossip again.

I keep telling myself it is still very beautiful to be by the sea and we have been given a wonderful opportunity - just takes far more work than we thought...

Keep your chin up hun xxx

Julie xxxx

thanks guys x i know its a wobble and lots of people get them xxxx

and i hope i havent put anyone off the process x

just need the spring ! and then watch out lol xxx

stop whinging.

lol well i am a whinging pom !!!! oh well xxxx

Hey you have cheered me up i thought a was the only lad having a bad day, i rekon if am honest the country ats OZ is the dogs baws, theres good and bad eh? i rekon thers a gap in the market for me importing irn brew , keep warm and well stevie

OR SAD BOXES XXX LOL XXX

When I came here 18mths ago I became a stay at home mom for the first time in 5yrs and wanted to make a wee bit of extra cash,so naturally I decided to knit some wollen gloves,scarves,hats etc.. to sell at the markets.As you do in 30c heat!!

To cut a long stort short I clacked away on the knitting needles for a few months with everyone laughing at me and telling me I was mad,then come winter went to the local market and sold the lot,$2,347 in one day.

Crazy?Nah. Who's laughing now?lol

And yes it does get bloomin cold.

n:biglaugh:ice one , am going to wake up the wife and see if she can knit cause its freezing in Mandurah as well

ANYONE SHOW ME HOW TO KNIT OR MAYBE EBAY FOR A KNITTING MACHINE XXX NOW THATS A THOUGHT !!!!

are you still glad you moved or are you having second thoughts?

claire x

HIA CLAIRE X SORRY HUN IT IS A WOBBLE AND YEH I AM STILL GLAD WE MOVED X LOTS OF PEOPLE GET THEM XXX

Carole, I definately need to come over next week to give you a big hug then!!!

Things will be ok, trust me. I've been down too, cold getting to me too I guess. At least kids will be back next week so we can gossip again.

I keep telling myself it is still very beautiful to be by the sea and we have been given a wonderful opportunity - just takes far more work than we thought...

Keep your chin up hun xxx

Julie xxxx

ME AND YOU JULIE NEED SOME SUNSHINE IN OUR BIKINIS !!!!!!

NOT DOING US GOOD 2 WINTERS !!!!

:hug:

Guest Lewis clan

Carole,

As us Welsh say - 'there's lovely' - so keep repeating that over and over, a bit like a chant, and then maybe all will be well in the Evans household!! Failing that - lets get drunk!!!!! That will keep you warm for one night at least!!!!! Lyn

Winter Festival | Melbourne

I love my sunny Ozzie Xmas but I also feel that the melbourne winter needs something to break it up. There's free films nightly at docklands (rug up!) and free fireworks on a friday night there too.

Docklands Classic Film Festival Free Movies at Docklands Melbourne. Events, Entertainment at Docklands. Melbourne Docklands Melbourne Restaurants, Victoria, Australia

I came from the UK in May at the end of that long cold winter so making the best of the sunnier days here until Springtime.

It's either that or hibernate!

Rexi

:biggrin:THANKS ALOT FOR YOUR POST X WOW DIDNT KNOW THIS WAS EVEN GOING ON XX

THANKS ALOT XXXX

CAROLE X

Winter Festival | Melbourne

I love my sunny Ozzie Xmas but I also feel that the melbourne winter needs something to break it up. There's free films nightly at docklands (rug up!) and free fireworks on a friday night there too.

Docklands Classic Film Festival Free Movies at Docklands Melbourne. Events, Entertainment at Docklands. Melbourne Docklands Melbourne Restaurants, Victoria, Australia

I came from the UK in May at the end of that long cold winter so making the best of the sunnier days here until Springtime.

It's either that or hibernate!

Rexi

Have you thought about having a mid - winter christmas? I imagine they have them in oz, they do here in NZ all the time. Everyone gets together and has those winter christmases that you poms all so love! lol. You can go all ouit and do the presse thing, or just get together for all your favourite christmas goodies like malt wine and christmas ham or what ever you usually celebrate with in uk. It is alot of fun, and as you are all missing home, it would be a great way to share your traditions with each other. Just need someone to offer there place as a venue, and everyone bring their bit, like a 'plate' By the way, bringing a plate means 'bring some yummy food to share with all' I don't think you have this tradition in uk, or maybe you do, but don't call it. . .'bringing a plate'. You could have decorations, put up the tree that you must have stashed somewhere, play your fav christmas music, and have the best tackiest awesomest christmas do in Aus ever! :wink:

Guest lainy

Oh Carole

I felt like you when I first arrived, the winter weather brings out the emotions as we feel it is nearing xmas and we are sitting in a damn rental that doesnt feel like our home with long faces. As for the employment side of it, you need certificates in just about everything, even to work in the bottle shop...

I think the earlier post about having an xmas in july might just be what you need, some hot yummy food, wine and beer and a laugh with people, and put the tree up cos it will more appropriate in this weather as it will come december.

Take care, speak soon

lainy xxx