Regular Melbourne Drinks Night...

Guest Kathryn7

Guest Kathryn7
Kathryn - I would live to meet up and meet some fellow Brits, been here nearly 4 years now and would love to hear how everyone else is settling in - I loive out towards Mt Macedon but happy to meet in the city

Let me know when the next meeting wll be - I shall keep a watch on your thread

Next meet up is this Saturday if you cam make it??

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Devon Lass

Hi Kathryn - can't make this one as hubbie away and singleton parent - but will kee track of your thread and try and make the next one - thx for letting me know

Louise

Guest Kathryn7

Date: Saturday 2 October

Time: From 7pm until late

Location: Chloes Bar (above Young & Jacksons, opposite Flinders Street Station)

Definites

Kathryn

Maureen

Karl & Fiona

Jade & Rob

Lindsey & Paul

Lynda & Derek

Jennifer & Glenn

Julie

Joanne

Emily

Maybes

Gill & Chris

Louise

Guest Kathryn7
Hi Kathryn - can't make this one as hubbie away and singleton parent - but will kee track of your thread and try and make the next one - thx for letting me know

Louise

Shame you can't make it, hopefully there will be another early November...

If you are on FB let me know and I can add you to the list on there.

Guest Devon Lass

thx again Kathryn - yes I am on FB my name is Louise Wheeldon - I will look for your friend link

cheers

Have fun tomorrow night :)

Thanks to everyone who made it out last night. Hope you all had a great time!

I had a great night, thanks for organising it Kathryn.

Chloe's bar was a great venue, good for transport and did not have to yell over the music :-) A few of us also discovered the rooftop bar upstairs - which would be great for the coming months. x

Guest Kathryn7
I had a great night, thanks for organising it Kathryn.

Chloe's bar was a great venue, good for transport and did not have to yell over the music :-) A few of us also discovered the rooftop bar upstairs - which would be great for the coming months. x

I didn't realise there was a rooftop bar, we wil definitely need another night there!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest MrandMrsB

Hi everyone;

Is there going to be another gathering soon? My husband and I arrived in Melbourne late last night. He starts work next week whilst I try and find us a home but we're both keen on making some new friends.

Thanks.

Guest Kathryn7
Hi everyone;

Is there going to be another gathering soon? My husband and I arrived in Melbourne late last night. He starts work next week whilst I try and find us a home but we're both keen on making some new friends.

Thanks.

Hiya, I won't be organising another night until the New Year as I'll be going away at the end of this month. Maybe someone else is going to organise a get together?

Guest Kathryn7
Kath,

Are these open to anyone living in VIC or strictly for British/Irish expats ?

cheers

Hello

Its mainly British Ex Pats that go along to these meet ups, but everyone is more than welcome to come along

Hopefully see you at one of the future meets

Kathryn

Hi

Im moving to melbourne in 12 days - so will definitely be there for the next meet up. Looking forward to making new friends !!

Guest zoefitton
Hi everyone;

Thanks.

How are you settling in which part of Melbourne are you moving too.

Happy house hunting

best of luck Zoe x

Guest MrandMrsB

Hi Zoe;

We were successful in securing an apartment in Southbank. Slowly moving in now. It's pretty empty at the moment but the new furniture we ordered should be here in the next two weeks and our container is due early Dec so should start to feel like home soon! Where are you based? And how are you finding everything?

Hi Kathryn,

My partner and I moved here in January 2010 and have been signed up on this forum snce then but it's only now that I start looking through the options available here. I found your block and it sounds like such a great thing you're organising. How many people do generally atend your gatherings?

The hardest part of moving out here is finding new friends. We had a great social network in the UK and so far it has proven to be extremely difficult to meet new people. Therefore we would love to perhaps join one of your next event. You mentioned it will be in the new year. Culd you please also keep us posted once you start planning again?

Thanks a lot and hope you'll have a great time away.

Kristin

• 1 month later...

Archived