and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest tharg69

Money Transfer & What to ship ????

Guest tharg69

Hi all,

We are emigrating to Perth this October and would like some info on what we can and can't take with us. I hear the TV/VCR will be no good in Oz.

Is this true or just a myth.

Also any suggestrions on good companies for money transfers.

Good luck to you all.

Paul & family.

Guest Dominic Wood

I have just come back from Perth and asked some friends out there about compatible electrical goods. They said that their large widescreen telly worked when they moved four years ago, so did the computer and most things once you had the plugs switched over. All CD's, DVD's and Video's are also fine. They did say that a couple of their portable TV's did not work though. Before we go, I am going to write down the details of the voltage used over there and call in a friendly electrician, who I am told will be able to tell you whether or not the device will be compatible or not. I cannot find the details of the voltage or wattage at the moment otherwise I would tell you.

Good luck, bit it appears that most things are compatible.

Dom

I have just come back from Perth and asked some friends out there about compatible electrical goods. They said that their large widescreen telly worked when they moved four years ago, so did the computer and most things once you had the plugs switched over. All CD's, DVD's and Video's are also fine. They did say that a couple of their portable TV's did not work though. Before we go, I am going to write down the details of the voltage used over there and call in a friendly electrician, who I am told will be able to tell you whether or not the device will be compatible or not. I cannot find the details of the voltage or wattage at the moment otherwise I would tell you.

Good luck, bit it appears that most things are compatible.

Dom

The tele your friends have must be "MULTI PAL", otherwise it would not work on it's own without modification or a VCR. These Multi Pal teles are common in Panasonic models, but not many others.

Also for a UK DVD Player to play Aus DVD's, it must be REGION FREE, as UK DVD Players are designed to only play their Region 2 DVD's. IN AUS, the DVD's are region 4 therefore will not work on a UK locked DVD player.

Guest tony2731

My TV is a Tompson 32wh211s. I looks like in the menu it will work in allmost any country but it does not state OZ. Does anyone Know if there is another country using the same as OZ. One more thing , it does state after all the countrys, Euro B/G. Would that be Pal B & G. Any advice welcomed.

Tony

Hi,Is there a limit of money you could take to Australia when you migrate with Skilled Visa?