Guest Sheilawheeler

Can you receive VISA in a different country

Guest Sheilawheeler

Hi all,

Does anyone have a definitive answer on this... Can you be in a country other than the one you applied in when your visa is finally granted i.e

Apply in London but be visiting NZ when visa is issued?

Many thanks!

Hi all,

Does anyone have a definitive answer on this... Can you be in a country other than the one you applied in when your visa is finally granted i.e

Apply in London but be visiting NZ when visa is issued?

Many thanks!

Which visa are you applying for ?

Usually, yes you can apply for a visa in London and be in NZ at the time of grant. You don't have to be in the country you applied for the visa. The only thing is that you cannot be in 'Australia' the country for which you applied for a visa. If you have applied for an onshore visa, you may be required to be onshore for a grant as well.

IELTs/5Sep9/L8.5 R7.5 W7.5 S8 OA8VetApp23Nov09 +ive5Mar10CV VeriACT8Mar10Rec-16Apr10AppACTSS-dox sent27Apr10ApprvlRecd22Jun10App.176-SMP 22Apr10CO-22Nov10PCC/Meds-Dec2010 Visa Granted-4Feb2011

Guest Sheilawheeler

Thanks. Applying for a spousal visa (my husband) and just trying to come up with a contingency plan if it is not granted in time (early October). We are thinking he could perhaps fly out to OZ on a tourist Visa and then pop over to NZ when the visa is ready.

Hi Sheila,

It's perfectly possible, yes, but do make sure you let your Case Office know where you will be and how to contact you before you go. Best of luck. :smile:

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of star stuff.”

― Carl Sagan, Cosmos