OMG SNAKE and still in UK

Guest Tomlinsons

Guest Tomlinsons

We have a snake living around our pond in the rockery, noticed it 3 days ago, adder or hopefully grass snake, dont leave for Oz for another 5 weeks. People coming to view house for rental Saturday hope he dont make an appearance. Apparently they are protected and you cant move them!:arghh:

I knew there would be snake issues but wasnt expecting it here, I nearly passed out so god knows what I will be like if I see one that might do me some harm.

Jo

Guest Aldo

the only snake i saw in aus was a dead one in the road and i reakon that was put there by the tourism people.

More aussie lies (snakes)

Guest Seabird50
We have a snake living around our pond in the rockery, noticed it 3 days ago, adder or hopefully grass snake, dont leave for Oz for another 5 weeks. People coming to view house for rental Saturday hope he dont make an appearance. Apparently they are protected and you cant move them!:arghh:

I knew there would be snake issues but wasnt expecting it here, I nearly passed out so god knows what I will be like if I see one that might do me some harm.

Jo

Jo

Don't go doing anything, the adder is indeed poisonous. Get hold of the Council, maybe they will take it away for you. In Adelaide you ring the snake guy and he comes and takes your snake away to somewhere it and you are happier! Could it be a slow-worm? look like snakes but have tiny feet and are harmless.

Common Adder (Vipera berus): A True Viper Common in Europe

Best of luck...

Archived