Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Joanna1

Contributionary parent visa....agents recommended?

Recommended Posts

Guest Joanna1

Hi Guys


Me & my OH are moving back to Oz in November and after we have completed the timescale required, my parents are going to apply to move.


They will be applying for the contributionary parent visa and the circumstances maybe a little complicated, therefore, I am trying to find a good agent that may specialise in these types of visas or have lots of experience in these visas.


Can you guys recommend anyone for us to look at closer?


Many thanks


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



143 and 864 are the two PR visas (contributory parent) . One is offshore application , one is onshore.


143- parent need to be Outside Au at the time of application & when the visa is granted, needs to have at least 50% children AU PERMANENT residents or citizens and must pay a substantial amount for the 2nd installment (before visa is granted). From my experience this visa takes approx 2years to be granted(at least in our case)> My parents applied in august 2008, case offficer in October 2009, medical checks & payment requested in april. Now, because more applicants switch from the normal parent visa to contributory the waiting period may be longer. Consider approx 3 years.



864- contributory aged parent. It is a PR visa as well, the only difference being that the parent must be of a certain age(65 or 64?) & MUST be in AU at the time of application and at the time when visa is granted. Eg(parents come with turist visa max 6 months(because if condition "no further stay is placed on their turist visa-condition usually placed on 1 year visas they cannot apply for 864), they apply for 864 and remain in Au until visa is granted. They usually are given 1 years visas with the request to leave and re-enter Au until PR is granted.


this is not legal advise, it is from my experience only . Parent visa is not complicated.


need more clarification?


I'm happy to help



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot recommend you to engage or not to engage a migration agent. my advice is that first you come in Au, read about this visa and then decide what to do.


good luck & welcome in Oz

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest guest36187

Go Matilda is a great agent to use. They assisted my parents through their Contributory parent visa (143) - Theirs took 18 months but timescale now more like 2 years. My Mum is CazBeckham on here, please feel free to message her and Im sure she will chat to you.

I was her assurer/sponsor so will happily help in any way I can!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now