NI refund form, Oz duty and VAT claim form

rikyuu

hi,

I'm due to emmigrate to Oz in September and I've read that some NI contributions can be reclaimed and placed in another pension, but I'm unable to find the form on the government website to do this, although there are plenty of agencies offering to do it, which I would like to avoid.

Also, on my QIS form for customs it asks about items bought within 1 year as I will have to pay duty on them. Will it be my responsibility to prove that all items were not purchased within a year? I've kept many original boxes for stuff I bought in the past 2 years or so, knowing we were off to Oz, but I don't have receipts for them.

If I do pay duty on some items, can I claim the UK VAT back and where can I find the form to do so? I'm guessing that the fact I may charged duty on some items in Oz (on the basis I may not be able to prove when I bought them and therefore must be less than a year old-if this is the case) wouldn't be enough to then prove the case for claiming the VAT back in the UK. So will I be taxed twice effectively?

Many thanks for any advice and info

I dont think you can reclaim any of your NI pension. You can certainly transfer private pensions into selected funds here but you would be wise to wait a bit and see if you like it here first because once your dosh is in an Aus super fund then you cant get it out again until you are retirement age.

Archived