Guest Mrs Nix

Selling a house in 2 and half months????

Guest Mrs Nix

is that even possible??????

Ideally I would like to sell but it would have to be in 2 months at a decent offer.....otherwise we rent.

Has Anyone done it???? Sold SO quickly?

The Dilemma here is the school term, I want to leave in September so my Daughter doesn't have to start a new year with a class full of children she isn't friends with (they split up all friends for next term and she hardly knows anyone in her class)in year2, only to take her out and put her in a new class again with complete strangers, back to year one for a term, and then another huge long holiday and put in to another class......

If we leave later than October, not only do the airfares go up a HUGE amount, but then my daughter misses the last term of year one in Australia and has another HUGE holiday.

I know most of you will say, well send her to year two and leave later - but I don't want to!!! My parents are so excited we will finally be spending christmas with them, so really need to take advantage of the good flights in SEPTEMBER!!!

I said to my husband I could always go out before him with the kids and he can follow later - but obviously is not happy about that as he will be lumped with the final packing etc, I can't seem to get around that - even though the packers pretty much do everything for you and I am already cleaning out and packing the bits we want to take......

anyway with a lot of babble inbetween - am I being unrealistic or can we sell or rent in 2 months???? We live on a good train line to London and are pretty central - M25 and A3 just around the corner.

Guest cazbeckham

Think you could be unrealistic about the 2 months selling in UK.

IS your house on the market already?

Our house sold at the beginning of July in 2008 just at the start of the property crash and we exchanged on 17th October and our people had sold and was right ready to go.

Over here is so much quicker, we saw our house which was empty at the time of viewing and in less than 4 weeks we were moving in, how great is that.

Good Luck

Hi Mrs Nix,

I had the same dilemma with school starting date, and put my house on the market 2 weeks ago. I am hopeful it'll sell soon, but not going to go ahead and book flights/shippers until we know for definite it has sold. I had wanted to be out there at the end Oct/start Nov, and checked flights which are pretty good for November, even mid November. I thought if we got there mid Nov, then I can check out/register for school, then have a break before starting after the hols. It would mean my wee one would go back to school here in August, but dont mind that so much.

I think realistically, most buyers would have an entry date of around 6-8 weeks, so you'd have to get a buyer straight away to be off before the schools go back. So that's not even giving 2 months to find a buyer then.

I did get a bit worked up about school starting dates, but agree with my OH that whenever they start, they'll settle ok, it wont make too much of a difference when it is, as kids start school all year round. Ideally I'd like her to start at the beginning of the new year. But if it doesnt happen due to the house not selling, there's not much I can do.

Good Luck

Shaz

Mind you....got a viewer this week, with nothing to sell, so fingers crossed!!

Guest cazbeckham

Good Luck Shaz

we advertised our house on the Thursday accepted an offer on the Monday and were out within 5 weeks and moved into parents. So it can be done but it was a very small chain. Best of luck

SS Vic recieved after appeal 8/10/2009, 176 Visa application 9/10/09, OH Electrician, Nov 2010 moved to Cat 2, 9th Nov Case Officer, extra information requested, medicals 18th Jan, medicals finalised now just the police checks!!! We got our visa !!! Yey soooo happy

We gave ourselves 4 weeks said if it didn't sell in that time we'd rent it out, it sold at the last home open, in fact we had two offers so it can be done. The legal side took another 4 weeks after that. This was in Scotland tho which is easier.

No probs getting a rental agent sorted in that time at all.

I understand the school dilemma, you put yourself through agony for them. Don't worry too much about starting school straight away over here, no-one will ask questions for the first 3 months at least.

Jules