DS Lite games for 5yr old (and 3yr old)

gsaps

Hiya,

My wee one had the Nintendogs and Catz games from about age 4. There's parts where you have to help out with reading stuff, but they could get by looking after the little pets quite happily for a bit.

I actually borrowed loads of games for the journey, and put music on an ipod for her, (now aged 7), as well as colouring books, reading books, a doll, a teddy, and some littlest pet shop figures. She never really touched any of it, except sleeping with her teddy! She watched a few films, cartoons, music videos and slept. She also played with her little sister.

So dont stress, if they're anything like my 2, they keep each other entertained. Good luck,

Shaz

I'll tell you one thing that really was worthwhile - trunki's!! Both kids got one before we went, and they kept them amused in the airport, saved their little legs as they got pulled around, gave them a seat wherever we were, and somewhere to store all their own stuff.

Well worth the money

Guest ozzysteve

Yeh my two were the same, took ds but never even turned it on!. Tvs on the plane were brilliant loads of films and things to do.

Just dont mention the Kids meals :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Only thing was, the entertainment system on our first flight was down! Luckily that flight they slept most of the way. I did wonder about taking a portable DVD player next time, as the next leg would've been a nightmare had it gone down again.

still stressing about entertaining the kids on the plane and was wondering if there are any DS Lite games that would appeal to this age group?

thanks for any suggestions

I went armed with loads of DS games but like Ozzysteve said - our were hardly touched. My 6 year old love fiddling with the TV and staring at other passengers :embarrassed:

- but did play with DS in Oz when she couldn't get to sleep cos of time difference!

'Cooking MAMA, build a bear' for 5 years old - 'I did it Mum' really good for little ones!

Honestly though I was FAR worse than wither of the kids with 'are we there yet' so I wouldn't worry too much - Good luck!

Archived