Relocating to Brisbane 2010 - Roll Call!

Guest Benchola

Guest Crasco

Hi Guys we arrived in Brisbane almost 3 months ago. Darren 35, Stacey 31, Craig 12 and Scott 10 We are currently staying in Mount Warren Park South Brisbane area. We love it here just selling our house in the UK then in next month or so will be moving to Thornlands, Wellington point, Celeveland, Redland bay or Ormeau area (all nice area's so difficult to decide!) would welcome the opportunity of meeting up some day for a beer or a coffee - preferably a beer!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Seabird50
I think every line goes through southbank except the Ipswich/Caboolture line. The other lines from the north go through roma st, cross the bridge to southbank and carry on to the south and east.

Driving from indooroopilly to west end is fine except during peak. Probably take even longer from the suburbs you mentioned. Being south side suburbs the best access to southbank and west end driving through peak hour would be places like yeronga and yerongpilly.

The new go between bridge is a toll bridge. Might free a little peak hour traffic on a bad day.

The suburbs you mentioned are nice. Better than the bayside suburbs in my opinion though everyone likes different things.

Thanks for that, really helpful. Will make sure we visit those suburbs when we're there next month..

Guest mandj
Just sent you a pm

Howard

hi Howard

I was just wondering how you got the lease also, any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

m

Guest MrsT

Hello,

My Husband is flying to Brisbane today to meet his (hopefully) potential new employers so if all goes well we'll be heading out there soon with our son 6 ( and 3 quarters!) and daughter 4 today!!

Wish us luck

Sally

X

Guest Benchola
Hello,

My Husband is flying to Brisbane today to meet his (hopefully) potential new employers so if all goes well we'll be heading out there soon with our son 6 ( and 3 quarters!) and daughter 4 today!!

Wish us luck

Sally

X

That sounds promising, hope to see you out there and Happy Birthday to Junior Mrs T!

Guest MrsT
That sounds promising, hope to see you out there and Happy Birthday to Junior Mrs T!

Thanks!:biggrin:

Guest Boyle family

Hi all.

You can add us to the roll call as well. We fly out on the 9th September. Not sure of an area to settle in at the moment. We think we have narrowed it down slightly then someone puts a post on saying how great the place is that they are living in or how friendly the people are then I go round in circles (not literally) just feel that I should add that place to the list as well. So now we are just going to get there and get a feel for the place first. Will have a good look at where the jobs are as this may determine the area as well.

Janet

Hello all :biggrin: We arrived 4 days ago and after a little bit of catching up on sleep, are now searching out the suburbs! We have pinpointed a few areas but they are all around Brisbane. we did Manly and Wynnum and we're off to investigate Ferny Grove today (really looking forward to it) Good luck to everyone here and on their way soon x

Hello all :biggrin: We arrived 4 days ago and after a little bit of catching up on sleep, are now searching out the suburbs! We have pinpointed a few areas but they are all around Brisbane. we did Manly and Wynnum and we're off to investigate Ferny Grove today (really looking forward to it) Good luck to everyone here and on their way soon x

Have fun, Myrtle - nice to know all is going well for you!

Guest kimmie
Have fun, Myrtle - nice to know all is going well for you!

Hi Myrtle,

We are currently looking at similar suburbs to settle.only hubby tied up dreadfully with work at the mo and only have one car, let me know how you get on, hope to do some research this weekend, have fun :biggrin:

Kimmie

good luck with the hunting Myrtle1, we are in Wynnum and love it here, Its so much easier to get to the city from this side I think..... well I think so anyway, traffic is not quite so bad lol.... hope you find something soon

Lynne

Hi All

Quit our jobs back in May, working bank shifts, waiting for exchange on the house (stress is killing us). Cant sleep, alcohol intake and blood pressure steadily rising. Buyers want to be in at the end of July.

So when that is all sorted we plan to make our new start in mid August. Looking at Redcliffe, Narangba, Murumba Downs areas, but initially staying in Mango Hill.

2 grown ups (nurse and a midwife) and 3 little kids.

Hope everyone gets what they want out of their moves, best of luck guys. x

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lorna2610

We are hoping to come out to Brisbane around october time, need to sell the house first hopefully we should have accepted an offer in the next week or so (fingers crossed), thinking of settling in Regents Park, would love to meet up with anyone once we get over

Lorna James Connor(4 yrs) Ciaran(7 months)

Visa granted 1/7/2010

To all the new people coming to Brisbane or even Australia.

Congratulations and may Australia be your dream come true and you are not Pommies you are soon to be new Australians, be proud of where you have come from but be proud of what you have decided to do.

Good Luck Safe travels

Piers ( An Aussie with a pommie accent as i tell ppl )

Guest sonnyo

Heading to Brisbane in Oct 2010. Both on WHV for 1 yr hope to find work then apply for a longer term visa. Looking forward to a sunny xmas!

Steve (29 accountant) & Gemma (27 Nurse)

Guest oggie1

Hi Just wondering if any one cane help we are landing in Brisbane on 18th August we have heard so much about people struggling to find work. My husband hasnt got a trade as such managed to get a visa as i am Australian.He has done removels for many years and a few other jobs as well at the moment he works for our ex council.Is it hard to find jobs at the moment.Thanks Rowena

Hi Just wondering if any one cane help we are landing in Brisbane on 18th August we have heard so much about people struggling to find work. My husband hasnt got a trade as such managed to get a visa as i am Australian.He has done removels for many years and a few other jobs as well at the moment he works for our ex council.Is it hard to find jobs at the moment.Thanks Rowena

Hi Rowena

As peggy has said look at mini movers they were also advertising on seek.com.au this week they were looking for people for both their northside office and Logan/surrounding suburbs their office for this is at Rocklea if I find another link for them will pm you good luck also look at govermrnt websites see if any portering jobs at the local hospitals

best wishes sue

Guest oggie1

Hi

Thank you both for that he is going to give them a ring tonight to see if he can get an interview for when we land on the 18th August if not he will call them when we get there Rowena

Guest Benchola

Well....we fly to Brisbane in a little over 8 hours time!

I cannot believe how bloody stressed out I am - we're not even sure how many cases we need to take yet! Still, the day is finally here!

We had a few leaving drinks at a local pub last night which was great - highly emotional but good fun all the same. I still can't believe that it may be a year or two before I get to see my brother and my dad in the flesh again - but I'm trying to put that to the back of my mind at the moment, otherwise I'd get nothing done!

Anyway - I hope to see many of you on the other side!

And btw - for all those complaining that they cannot get travel insurance: I rang the Post Office this morning, explained that we were emigrating and that we'd only need three days cover. £30 and no problem whatsoever!

I cannot believe how bloody stressed out I am - we're not even sure how many cases we need to take yet! Still, the day is finally here!

We had a few leaving drinks at a local pub last night which was great - highly emotional but good fun all the same. I still can't believe that it may be a year or two before I get to see my brother and my dad in the flesh again - but I'm trying to put that to the back of my mind at the moment, otherwise I'd get nothing done!

And btw - for all those complaining that they cannot get travel insurance: I rang the Post Office this morning, explained that we were emigrating and that we'd only need three days cover. £30 and no problem whatsoever!

Woohoo !!! Very exciting!! Have a good journey here :wink:

Guest Michael Rimmer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck with the bags choice and flight

Let us know how it goes, we will be following you to Brisbane on the 29th August.

Guest Benchola
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck with the bags choice and flight

Let us know how it goes, we will be following you to Brisbane on the 29th August.

Aye - got your pm. Sorry for not responding but, as I am sure you are aware, the last few weeks have been desperately manic! Looking forward to catching up with you guys when you get here...there....you know what I mean!

Time has flown by, and you're off soon! Good luck with the move, and hope it all goes as stress-free as possible.

It would be good to catch up when we eventually get there, whenever we sell the house!, but let us know where you end up and how you are finding it.

Cheers

Shaz

Archived