Relocating to Brisbane 2010 - Roll Call!

Guest Benchola

Guest Benchola

I've noticed on a couple of threads that there are a few people relocating (or have relocated) to Brisbane this year. I thought that it would be good if all those relocating (or those already relocated) could sign-up to this thread so that we can all keep tabs on each other and - in the not too distant future - meet-up in Brisbane?

We're flying out to Brisbane on 27 July 2010 and will be looking to live in or around the Kenmore / The Gap / Sinnamon Park / Chapel Hill / Ashgrove areas.

Matt (34), Sharon (34), Jacob (5), Isobel (21 months)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GarethANDAndrea

Hi there,

We have been in Brisbane just over 3 weeks, currently living in Carina but will be moving down to the North Gold Coast at the end of July (Coomera area).

Good luck to all who are making the move. We are loving it so far and are really living the dream....

Gareth (36), Andrea (36) Katie (5) & Holly (3)

Hi Guys,

We are flying out to Brisbane on 23rd August. We will be staying with relos for the first month in Macgregor and exploring our shortlist of potential areas to settle. Top of our list is the Bayside area. It looks beautiful but we won't know if its for us until we get there.

Its all getting really exciting and can't wait to have a meet-up on the otherside, put a face to all the names!!!:wink:

Melanie x

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi everyone

and best of luck to you all, Brisbane is such a fantastic place and i am really envious of you all.

jim

Guest The Mandreks

Hi!

We are about to apply for my Husband's Spouse Visa and are looking to move out to Fernvale, before our 2nd Baby is born (November 24th).

Shane (33), Kerry (35), Jessica (10mths) and 1 more on the way! :jiggy:

Hi,

We are hoping to be out in Brisbane around Oct/Nov this year. We'll initially stay with my sister in Corinda, and then looking to rent or buy in the centenary suburbs - Jindalee, Sinnamon Park, Middle Park and those surrounds.

Got to sell the house first!

We would love to meet up with others out there already or those heading out.

Shaz

We WERE!!! hoping to be in Brissy by end 2010 BUT the piggin' house is the FINAL obstacle - so not coming out to play :arghh: so good luck to all of you who are off really soon ...........wish you all the best!!

I'll just carry on dreamin.................! x

Guest Michael Rimmer

Hi there,

We are coming out to Brisbane late August/early Sept due to secondment with my company. We have not really decided on a place to live yet, will wait and see when we get out there! Probably around Toowong area though as we have identified a school we would like for our son. Would be good to keep in touch with other people in similar position!

Speak to you soon,

Michael (32), Sharron (33) and Jacob (5)

Guest Liverpool lou

We are hoping to be in Brisbane in November. Dont know which area yet, depends on jobs....cant wait :yes:

Guest Benchola
Hi there,

We are coming out to Brisbane late August/early Sept due to secondment with my company. We have not really decided on a place to live yet, will wait and see when we get out there! Probably around Toowong area though as we have identified a school we would like for our son. Would be good to keep in touch with other people in similar position!

Speak to you soon,

Michael (32), Sharron (33) and Jacob (5)

How freaky, Toowong is where the other half is going to be working. I'm Sharon, he's Matthew, our children are Jacob!!! (5) and Isobel (1). We are both 34. Therefore,- and maybe I'm reading too much into this but its my birthday and I've been drinking so am sure you can let me off just this once - maybe we should keep in touch and arrange a welcome drink for you all.

Sx

Guest Benchola

I really cannot bring myself to believe that in just over 3 weeks time we are going to be Aus!!!! Wow. think it is kinda hitting me now, even though I am sat here in an echoey living room, sitting on the only comfy chair as all of our things have already started their shipping journey. We are having our huge leaving party on Saturday and I already know that we will need lots of tissues! Lots of people are telling me how brave I am and how they wish they had the balls to do what we are doing - well guess what, so do I! I have been trying really hard to keep my head firmly buried in the sand over this, trying to keep my emotions in check but ..... its getting harder and harder as each day is getting nearer.

This is an adventure, a journey and .... is what life is about!

Now, more wine needed!!!!!

Sx

Guest Janeloz

We arrived 3 weeks ago, but we are in north Brisbane (Narangba), everyone else seems to be in the south! So far we love it!

Buggeration!!!! thought I was logged in as me and not matt.

PS - forgot to mention how frustrating it is camping in our own house, sleeping on a mattress on the floor, daughter in a travel cot, son on a camp bed, watching a rubbish tiny portable tv which won't work properly with the V+ service!

Guest CraigandZoe

Fly out 31st of August, arrive in the early hours of the 2nd sept. With cousins in Dayboro first, depends on whether Zoe gets a job as to where we locate to. Haven't ruled out traveling for a bit first though. Bring it on.... :)

Zoe & Craig (both 27)

We will be cutting it fine by arriving on the 29th December so only just 2010! We are not quite sure where we will be relocaating as it will depend on where Lisa gets a job.

JOHN

Hi john

am sure Lisa will get a great Job have you organised a battery for your pedal bike then :wacko:remember you said you would cycle/run to work and Lisa wants to be near the beach:laugh:

Guest GeordieP

Hi,

Having relocated nearly 20 years ago from the RAF in Cyprus, all I can say is I wish you all well in your new life. I am continuiing to enjoy the lifestyle, particuarly as I am about to retire!!!

Since I came here, I have lived in Wynnum and Manly in the Bayside area, Dubbo in NSW, Darwin in the NT (twice) and now in the Forest Lake area. It's all good and I wouldn't wish to be anywhere else in the world, and I have been to many places in the 25 years in the RAF, as you can imagine.

I would be happy to pass any little gems of info I have picked up along the way.

Best wishes!!

Geordie

WOW there sure is lots of you heading Brisbane way,, good luck to each of you especially those still with houses still to sell.

I also noticed most of you are arriving towards the end of the year,, just as its warming up here,lol!

Cal x

Guest kimmie
I've noticed on a couple of threads that there are a few people relocating (or have relocated) to Brisbane this year. I thought that it would be good if all those relocating (or those already relocated) could sign-up to this thread so that we can all keep tabs on each other and - in the not too distant future - meet-up in Brisbane?

We're flying out to Brisbane on 27 July 2010 and will be looking to live in or around the Kenmore / The Gap / Sinnamon Park / Chapel Hill / Ashgrove areas.

Matt (34), Sharon (34), Jacob (5), Isobel (21 months)

Good luck and safe travelling, am not new to Aussie but only recently arrived in Brisbane so still a bit wobbly on my feet.... enjoy the adventure :jiggy:

Archived