State Migration Plans and State Sponsorship

Alan Collett

Hi Shaz.

Sorry, I know no more than has been discussed previously on this forum.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

No problem, I had just wondered what you thought, in your opinion. I know its all a bit up in the air just now, so suppose best to just wait and see.

Thanks

Shaz

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What the DIAC said matches what certain states are telling their people. I think all of the rumour mills on forums is scaring people so much. I think we should all wait and see what happens next month. In the meantime, I have a tendency to believe what DIAC and my sponsoring state are telling me.

Quite right, I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and remain positive, no-one knows for sure what will happen once the SMP"s come out. Most of what I have read on this forum is somebodys take on what might happen, and is just an opinion, no matter how educated, it's so easy to allow yourself to spiral out of control looking at all the possible permutations.

My advice, keep the dream alive, re-visit the reason you wanted to immigrate in the first place, you know it will all be worth it once your there and all this will be a distant memory. At least something is happening now, after months of postponed deadlines and no information, I truly can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Just in from South Australia. Seems that an August start is most likely now.

I would like to acknowledge your emails expressing your concern and the anxiety of your clients of the uncertain situation of sponsorship applications at the moment. Immigration SA is making every effort to reinstate the facility to provide State Sponsorship for the new Program Year 2010-2011 as soon as possible.

I have been aware that in the meantime, DIAC will accept state sponsorships for occupations that are on the revised Skilled Occupations List. However, Immigration SA will not commence accepting new applications for State Sponsorship until the State Migration Plan (SMP) is implemented. Information about the SMP and the sponsorship eligibility list and any new criteria will be available on the Immigration SA website when they are finalised. While I am unable to provide you with a date when the SMP and the associated List of Occupations for Sponsorship will be published and/or implemented, I can advise that this is not likely to occur before August 2010. Every effort will also be made to advise you as soon as I can.

Monitor our website regularly at www.migration.sa.gov.au – for the release and implementation of the State Migration Plan and the List of Occupations for Sponsorship for the new Program Year. Any amendments to the criteria, process and processing times will also be published when the State Migration Plan is released and all current and new applicants must meet any new requirements.

Current complete applications for State Sponsorships for 176 Visas received by Immigration SA (and not yet processed) may be considered for Sponsorship when the new State Migration Plan/List of Occupations is released. Emails are being sent to current applicants/agents to advise them of the action they need to take.

Note that Sponsorship approvals provided prior to 15 May 2010 will only be valid until 5pm Adelaide time on 7 July 2010 (the 60 day validity will not apply). If your client has not lodged their visa application with DIAC by that time, the sponsorship approval will expire.

Thank you for your support for South Australia. Please monitor our website regularly for updates.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Guest jains005

Thank you George

are these sponsorship eligibility list and any new criteria for state sposnsorship or to get included in SMP?

Thank you

Jains

Guest triumph01

SA providing opportunity to existing applicants to convert their applications for SMP

===================================================================

While we are in the process of finalising the State Migration Plan and the List of Occupations for State Sponsorships, we would like to give you the opportunity to apply for State Sponsorship without submitting a new application.

If you wish your current Sponsorship Application to be automatically considered for State Sponsorship under the new State Migration Plan when this is implemented, you are required to advise Immigration SA by meeting the following guidelines:

• Send an email to gsm.sa@sa.gov.au before 23/07/2010
  • Indicate in the Subject line: CSS-SMP-SA
  • State your Given and Family Name (as it appeared in the application form)
  • Include the Immigration SA 6-digit reference number
  • This email must be sent from the email address that was provided to Immigration SA in the applicant’s original online application
  • Requests by fax or phone or any other method other than email will not be considered
  • Any responses to this email received after the date indicated above, will not be considered
  • Note that to obtain an approval, your current application must include a Nominated Occupation that is on the new List AND you meet all the criteria under the State Migration Plan
  • Once a decision has been made on your current application, you will be advised via email, you can also track the progress of your application through the Online Client Tracking System
  • Only complete applications received will be considered under the State Migration Plan. All applications received “Incomplete” have been destroyed and will not be considered.
  • You can check the status of your application through the Online Client Tracking System.

Immigration SA will commence taking new applications for State Sponsorship when the State Migration plan is implemented. Information about the plan and the sponsorship eligibility list and any new criteria will be available on the Immigration SA website www.migration.sa.gov.au when they are finalised. There is no date set for the release of the State Migration Plan but it is not likely to occur before August 2010.

Do not contact Immigration SA but monitor our website at www.migration.sa.gov.au – for the release of the State Migration Plan and the List of Occupations for Sponsorship for the next Program Year. Any amendments to the criteria, process and processing times will also be published when the State Migration Plan is released and all applicants must meet any new requirements.

Manager – General Skilled Migration

Immigration South Australia

DEPARTMENT OF TRADE AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT

Hi Triumph, I presume this is an email you received and applies to those who have applied for ss, but as yet have not been processed.

I wonder if this might also apply to those who have already been granted SS, like us. We have not received any such email, and am thinking we may be excluded from this?

Anyone have any thoughts?

Guest TinaG

So if I'm Reading correctly. I now need to email SA stating my application that's sitting with them. I would like considered under the new SMP. If not it'll be destroyed?

Guest smilla

Hi there,

I believe that is right. I recently made an enquiry to SA and here is the response.

"As we have already received our decision of approval for State Sponsorship for SA and have completed the application to DIAC, do you have any news on whether we would have to reapply for sponsorship after the new State Migration Plan for South Australia has been announced. "

RESPONSE:

In response to your e-mail, as you have already received sponsorship and submitted your visa application to DIAC your application is now in the DIAC processing queue and when the State Migration Plan is implemented, you will not be required to submit a new sponsorship application.

Therefore I am presuming that all approved SA SS in the system already, are completely safe but you should send this email with all your details to be added to the new SMP process.

Thanks

smilla

Hi there,

I believe that is right. I recently made an enquiry to SA and here is the response.

"As we have already received our decision of approval for State Sponsorship for SA and have completed the application to DIAC, do you have any news on whether we would have to reapply for sponsorship after the new State Migration Plan for South Australia has been announced. "

RESPONSE:

In response to your e-mail, as you have already received sponsorship and submitted your visa application to DIAC your application is now in the DIAC processing queue and when the State Migration Plan is implemented, you will not be required to submit a new sponsorship application.

Therefore I am presuming that all approved SA SS in the system already, are completely safe but you should send this email with all your details to be added to the new SMP process.

Thanks

smilla

Hope they do mean that you get directly transferred to SMP (Priority Status) because they have not spelt it out in black or white. They say that you will not be required to submit a new Sponsorship application but they do not say that your application will be transferred to SMP (I know it is clear but I would like to see it in Black & White).

Guest triumph01

Being safe is quite obvious but real issue is where people with old SS will stand in priority processing list. Like if they are currently at #2 and later they fall to #5 or #6 , then that would be drastic. By the way i believe State will curve a way for those and will not let those in middle. Since they are saying old SS do not need to reassess etc according to Smila 's post

something worries me, Apart of new occupation list, It seems that there are some new criteria being put by SA for applicationunsure.gifunsure.gif

here is what they mentioned in their email

"Note that to obtain an approval, your current application must include a Nominated Occupation that is on the new List AND you meet all the criteria under the State Migration Plan"

Guest jains005

"Note that to obtain an approval, your current application must include a Nominated Occupation that is on the new List AND you meet all the criteria under the State Migration Plan"

does it mean the occupation should be in the new skilled occupation list of SA or do they say about the new sol? , that is one among the 181??

Thank you

Jains

does it mean the occupation should be in the new skilled occupation list of SA or do they say about the new sol? , that is one among the 181??

Thank you

Jains

That means NEW SA SMP list :cute:

Hi There, does anyone know the situation with Business subclass 163. we received WA SS feb last year and had meds this feb, but still no news, and Agent doesnt give me updates, I am constantly ringing them. The Ozzie Government can not possibly need anything else from us for the appliucation (just short of sending our blood !! ) but still no further on !!!!!!

Guest VickyMel

As Reza says it will be a list produces by SA (or any of the states) that is OK'd by DIAC - they have to put some research in to show they know that the occupations they list are in demand.

Each of the states can list any occupation they want as long as it is on the ENSOL list (I think).

Hopefully they will be similar to the old State occupations lists.

Some of the states already have 'other requirements' and this is probably what they mean when they say it must meet all the criteria.

Some states have required certain occupations have more work experience or higher IELTS to meet their list - or prove an amount of money in your bank. Again these may stay the same as previously or could change - we won't know until it is published.

Please let it happen soon!

Vickymel

Hi There, does anyone know the situation with Business subclass 163. we received WA SS feb last year and had meds this feb, but still no news, and Agent doesnt give me updates, I am constantly ringing them. The Ozzie Government can not possibly need anything else from us for the appliucation (just short of sending our blood !! ) but still no further on !!!!!!

When did you lodge your 163 visa application with DIAC?

Best regards.

Hi there, officially lodged April 09, then they requested various other things (we are a big family and there was a few complications) However after the Medicals (feb 10) there was nothing else required from them, so we thought we would have heard !!!

And unfortunately we picked the wrong Agents, we never get a phone call, I have to chase them all the time, and at nearly £5k we've learnt it was a costly and wrong choice !!!

Now we are into the new program year I would expect to hear from a case officer with a view to your application progressing to grant any day ... discuss with your agent on the telephone - or ditch your agent (lodge form 956) and take your enquiry straight to the processing centre.

Best regards.

Guest Migration Help

The WA State Priority Occupation list was unveiled last night (with the State Migration Plan still being developed):

State govt releases job hit list - WA Business News

State govt releases job hit list

The state government has released a list of nearly 350 occupations it believes are priorities for Western Australia for future workforce planning.

The list covers all workforce sectors from farming, to retail and further afield to arts, health and resources.

Training and Workforce Development Minister Peter Collier said the list would be a valuable tool in ensuring WA could attract and retain a skilled workforce.

"The State priority occupation list identifies jobs that are currently in strong demand in WA," Mr Collier said.

The occupations are given three possible ranking, top, high, or priority.

The criteria for the top priority jobs are very large levels of employment; high forecast growth and evident wage pressures; high levels of skill; longer education or training lead times; clear education and training pathways; and/or a clear and evident skills shortage.

166 occupations on the list fit the top priority criterion.

Professionals in the design, engineering, science, transport sectors and health sectors are the most sought after on the list.

Technicians and trade workers in engineering, ICT, science technologies and construction are also highly wanted.

The priority occupations are characterised by generally smaller employment sizes; low or negative employment growth; lower required levels of skill and training requirements; and/or evident non-training related industry issues which are contributing to labour shortages.

"The department will continue to review the status of occupations on the list based on evidence provided by training councils and industry," said Mr Collier.

In addition to the State priority occupation list, the department is developing a State Migration Plan, which will include a Skilled Migration Occupation List that identifies occupations recommended for general migration into WA.

Mr Collier said the State Government was planning for the future now, to ensure future skills shortages were minimised and employment and training opportunities maximised.

"With a number of projects planned or already under way in WA, it is important we develop a skilled workforce to support the State's economic growth," he said.

"The Government will continue to take a collaborative planning approach to ensure WA has the right people in the right place at the right time."

The WA State Migration Centre website is being updated at the moment.

Cheers

Guest jupiter123

Hi All,

Today I'm delighted after wait of 2.5 years since we received Request to get our PCC and medicals redone since they expired. It seems something postive is coming our way and that Cat 5 are slowly but gradually looked upon.Hope all waiting would receive similar request in days to come.

Lets hope for the best.

My timelines : SA SS : Feb'2008, Visa Applied : May'2008(HR), Medicals PCC done and Met : July 2009, Job : Mgmt Consultant , Silence post Sept 23,2009. Today received response to get PCC and Medicals redone, All Others Met.

Archived