State Migration Plans and State Sponsorship

Alan Collett

If Chris Evans moved the Goalposts when Oz where in the World Cup then Harry Kewell would have been booked for hand ball and not sent off !!!

Getting sick and tired of all this now.

Nothing against Australians but the people who run your country seem worse than the people that run ours. It is wrong to change rules retrospectively or to even consider it. making people rot for a further 3 years !!1 My daughter turns 17 this september and will be going to 6th form for 2 years. She is currently dependant on us but wont be once she leaves school yet she wants to go to oz asweel. will DIAc honor the fact that she was dependant on us in Nov 2009 when lodged.... will they f*%$ !!!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Alan,

Thanks for sharing this information.. much better than my agent who is not helpful at all.

Im a 475 applicant (sponsored by SA), and my nominated occupation is on the SOL (schedule 4). Im wondering if my application will be moved to a higher priority? or I will need to reapply with SA again?

Really appreciate if you could help to clarify matters!

Tiff

Hi Tiff

That is the $1000000 question and one that we all would like answered but I don't think anyone can answer at the moment. We just have to wait for the news to be released so that we all know where we stand or don't stand!!!

I hate waiting!!!!:arghh:

Jules

I just can't belive it, us poor old tradies just when we see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. How can they justify the unfairness for us oldies. So for instance if Carpenter is on SMP that'll make no difference to us we'll still have to sit and wait til' end of 2012 (or until they change their minds... AGAIN) or maybe re-apply... more cost no doubt, but if a new Carpenter comes along that'll be fine they'll just pop straight into Cat 2 mmm yeah real fair... NOT!!!

Sorry for sounding a little hacked off ... I am just can't get my head round how they can be so unfair!

:arghh::cry::arghh:

I know where you are coming from, we feel the same too. Seem to take 2 steps forward and 10 back!!!!!:arghh:

Maybe I am missing something but if we received our SS already and the occupation is on the SMP, why would we have to reapply to the State again and possibly create a whole new visa application?

No one knows the definite answer but from conversations gathered, the conclusion is that those who have SS will have to reapply to the state for SMP.

No one knows the definite answer but from conversations gathered, the conclusion is that those who have SS will have to reapply to the state for SMP.

At an additional cost? The ACT just charged us for SS last year and took eons to make a decision. My husband's ACS assessment wouldn't even be valid anymore.

At an additional cost? The ACT just charged us for SS last year and took eons to make a decision. My husband's ACS assessment wouldn't even be valid anymore.

No one knows anything as yet... I too have got an ACT sponsorship and like you, I am also waiting to know what is in store. I know that this will be additional work for the States and no one wants anything additional when they have enough in their plate. We will have to wait and see...

No one knows anything as yet... I too have got an ACT sponsorship and like you, I am also waiting to know what is in store. I know that this will be additional work for the States and no one wants anything additional when they have enough in their plate. We will have to wait and see...

I wish I was more patient. This has been hanging over our heads for a year and is draining. I wonder what will actually happen.

Guest jojaks
You could be on the 176 SS (which may be overturned soon by the SMP) and this may affect you? (if the visa you are applying for means you need to live and work in QLD for 2 years)

Main reason you might like to find out is if you wonder when you might get the visa.

If you are a higher priority you may be looking at 3-6 months - lower priority 2-3 years... however things have been changing so rapidly over the last year that one day you are looking at 3 months - the next day you may be looking at 3 years...

Erm.................... I dont honestly know i have just rang up to find out but she is out of the office atm , Fortunatley it dont cost anything to ring her for advice ( which is cool)

There was talk of it all being over for arround xmas but that was before this latest shake up.

She did mention state sponsor, But i think what she is doing is waiting to find out what the hell is going off down there befour she finaly decides the best route.

I have had a couple of jobs come up in Tasmania , id be quite happy to go there (anywhere but here is great lol)

To be fair when we started the process i simply said i wanna go to aus no fussed where and left it up to her !

Someone just posted this on another thread

"The 2009/2010 ACT Skills in Demand List (SDL) is closed for applications from 30 June 2010.

It is expected that the 2010/2011 ACT SDL list will be published on 1 August 2010.

In the meantime, the ACT Government is able to accept 176/886 sponsorship applications from clients with occupations on the Department of Immigration and Citizenship Skilled Occupation List (SOL). Full details are available on the DIAC website www.immi.gov.au"

Claire

Guest eddie

We have only been on this "perilous" journey, for just over a year, unlike some of you. I often wondered why some of you were getting quite emotional over what was happening to the migration process.... well I guess I know now!!

Bl**dy Politicians, couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery........

Apologies

Paul

Someone just posted this on another thread

"The 2009/2010 ACT Skills in Demand List (SDL) is closed for applications from 30 June 2010.

It is expected that the 2010/2011 ACT SDL list will be published on 1 August 2010.

In the meantime, the ACT Government is able to accept 176/886 sponsorship applications from clients with occupations on the Department of Immigration and Citizenship Skilled Occupation List (SOL). Full details are available on the DIAC website www.immi.gov.au"

Claire

So I take this as confirmation that both SMP and SS will be available post july 1st and run side by side? That is presuming I am reading this right, I dont know? Is the ACT SDL going to be their SMP? If so why a different acronym? Just to make it that little bit more confusing than it already is I guess.:confused:

So I take this as confirmation that both SMP and SS will be available post july 1st and run side by side? That is presuming I am reading this right, I dont know? Is the ACT SDL going to be their SMP? If so why a different acronym? Just to make it that little bit more confusing than it already is I guess.:confused:

No idea sorry, just what another person had posted in another thread. To me it reads that their SDL (skills in demand list) will be their SMP. Don't know why they have used a different acronym either.

Ta

claire

Guest Wannabeoz

If those of us with SS have to apply again to be on the SMP, I give up! I can't remember the amount of forms I've filled in, documents I've had certified, and not to mention the money I've spent on all this... I can't do it again, I'd go insane! If only I'd had a crystal ball all those months ago. As far as I'm concerned, Oz doesn't deserve me!!!!

It strikes me that there are two possible reasons why existing state nominations won't automatically be upgraded to being on the SMP.

1. The states might have additional criteria for SMP places, such as IELTS scores, age, funds and so on.
  2. There might be a limited number of places available.

The next few months could represent a window for category 5 applicants. The SMPs are a month away from being published, and it's going to take another month or two for nomination requests to be processed.

If the CSL remains in use as a priority mechanism past this week then it won't take too long to clear the remaining Category 3 and 4 applications, before starting on Category 5. My guess is that this is what's going to happen.

If it doesn't then Category 5 will be top of the pile from next week onwards.

Unless, of course, DIAC shut up shop for the next two or three months...

If those of us with SS have to apply again to be on the SMP, I give up! I can't remember the amount of forms I've filled in, documents I've had certified, and not to mention the money I've spent on all this... I can't do it again, I'd go insane! If only I'd had a crystal ball all those months ago. As far as I'm concerned, Oz doesn't deserve me!!!!

This is exactly how i feel totally p*****d off with the whole process now. If we have to apply for SMP then we will just apply to New Zealand instead and it will be Australias loss.

I just can't belive it, us poor old tradies just when we see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. How can they justify the unfairness for us oldies. So for instance if Carpenter is on SMP that'll make no difference to us we'll still have to sit and wait til' end of 2012 (or until they change their minds... AGAIN) or maybe re-apply... more cost no doubt, but if a new Carpenter comes along that'll be fine they'll just pop straight into Cat 2 mmm yeah real fair... NOT!!!

Sorry for sounding a little hacked off ... I am just can't get my head round how they can be so unfair!

:arghh::cry::arghh:

Here Here !!!!!!!!. Surely a carpenter is a carpenter whether they are SS or SMP. Either way, if they want us dont keep moving the bl**dy goalposts. I, like all other tradies have had to go into great detail, providing information about myself from 20 odd years ago, prove my practical skills and get it all certified to prove to WA and to DIAC that I am who I say I am and I can do what I claim I can do.

If these changes do happen what was the point of all that work ....by me and WA offices.......

Really starting to get p**sed off with all this .......................or maybe thats what DIAC want !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carlos

State Migration Plans and State Sponsorship

* It remains to be seen whether DIAC will allow sponsorship under a SMP to replace "old style" sponsorship on subclass 176 visa applications that are already lodged.

This confuses me...when the priority processing arrangements were announced Cat 2 was for applications (assume pre 8 May 2010) that had sponsorship under an approved SMP...so surely there should be an opportunity to change applications already lodged either from a 175 or 176ss to a 176 SMP. Otherwise the Cat 2 makes no sense whatsoever.

But then alot of the announcements and info make no sense!!!

I understand that Alan is only posting what he has heard from conversations and we still don't know for sure, so lets hope that we can switch.

this speculation is frustrating everyone...tomorrow is 1 July - CAN WE PLEASE HAVE CONFIRMATION SO WE CAN STOP WORRYING AND GET ON WITH OUR LIVES !!!!

Jo

Guest ChiltzandTig

I notice that the DIAC site is now accepting 175/176 applications.

Does anyone know if it been confirmed that we will not be allowed to switch from 175 to 176 (once the SMP has been sorted, and we are able to apply for SS?)

Guest AustrAnglian

George Lombard has posted elsewhere on one of the sticky threads for agents that the legal docs suggest you won't be able to convert 175 to 176, but this was just his interpretation, and also not sure if that's just for new (post-1 July) applicants or all applicants. I'd wait until the agents post something definitive once they get the facts straight from DIAC. Rgds, Simon.

Guest spurious

To my understanding, Lombard wasn't being speculative, that was the legislation as posted on the ComLaw site - anyone can access that, it's not exclusive to agents by any means. It's also backed up by what South Australia has said most recently. It makes little sense for anybody to lodge any application at this point until the SMPs are known - if you lodge as a 175 then you are stuck as a 175, so better wait until you know if you have a quicker option before making that jump.

Guest scubabud

Wot happens to those of us that are too old to re-apply I turn 45 on 7th July does this mean the end to all our dreams

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the informations. My situation I have applied for 485 Skilled graduate visa few days back and interested to apply for STATE SPONSORSHIP. I am not sure what's happening so far in this area. My question to you all -

Are all states accepting application for state sponsorship at this moment?

Thans you all.

Guest reddragon81
It strikes me that there are two possible reasons why existing state nominations won't automatically be upgraded to being on the SMP.
  1. The states might have additional criteria for SMP places, such as IELTS scores, age, funds and so on.

2. There might be a limited number of places available.

The next few months could represent a window for category 5 applicants. The SMPs are a month away from being published, and it's going to take another month or two for nomination requests to be processed.

If the CSL remains in use as a priority mechanism past this week then it won't take too long to clear the remaining Category 3 and 4 applications, before starting on Category 5. My guess is that this is what's going to happen.

If it doesn't then Category 5 will be top of the pile from next week onwards.

Unless, of course, DIAC shut up shop for the next two or three months...

Hey Graemsay I have a clear picture of what you are saying

However, how can you possibly say that it might only take a couple of weeks to process all the SS CSL applications + all the NON CSL applications? What I mean is do you have any kind of idea of how many CSL applications are currently placed in the queue?

Archived