State Migration Plans and State Sponsorship

Alan Collett

Guest bindog1uk
Hi guys, has anyone heard or read anything from Queensland about their SMP yet ??

When I phoned them a couple of weeks ago they said it would be out by middle of July, but true to form again, no news:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

I got this response from WA this morning. Hope it helps answer some questions.

The Government of Western Australia would like to advise the following;

All pending applications for State Sponsorship from Western Australia will be processed. All new applications can be lodged on-line when the system on the State website is re-opened. If you have not lodged your visa application, please contact Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC).

The Off-list nominations for the 2009/2010 program year have been allocated. Allocations for the 2010/2011 off-list have not yet been finalised.

The signed agreement with the form 1100 can be scanned and emailed to migration@dtwd.wa.gov.au clearly marked “Signed Agreement and 1100 – Applicant Name and SMT/R reference number “ in the subject line of the email. If you have already done this please do not send it again.

The six-monthly survey process required as part of state sponsorship approval is currently suspended. You will be contacted when the surveys resume in late August 2010. Change of address details can be emailed to migration@dtwd.wa.gov.au clearly marked with “Applicant Name, SMT/R reference number and DoB.” If you have already done this please do not send it again.

The State Migration Plan is still being finalised and we are unable to offer information regarding any possible criteria or the occupations that may be listed.

You may wish to keep yourself up to date with the changes by reading the information available on our website www.migration.wa.gov.au regularly. It will be updated as and when information is available.

The Government of Western Australia is not responsible for visa applications but for state sponsorship only.

Please accept this as a response to your questions. Skilled Migration WA is currently unable to respond to individual emails.

Your cooperation is highly appreciated.

John

Guest itsSHIRLEY

Hi has anyone got any advice please that they can give me ? i have had a skills asssesement done for an Adult Nurse and i am registered on queensland nursing board. was going to apply for SS when the suspensions came in. queensland is now accepting SS while they are waiting for thier SMP to be approved. thought it was going to be only a few weeks, however it could be a considerble time given that there is going to be an election and any changes will probably come into force after the election. I was going to give up waiting and apply for SS then the 176 visa as the DIAC and queensland still say that nurses are still in demand. so I am hoping that is will all just go through. What does anyone else think ? should i wait or just go for it ??????????????

Guest proud2beaussie
Hey guys didnt Gillard call for elections today? Doesnt that mean everything is gonna be put on hold till AFTER the elections? Dont the SMPs have to be passed through parliament?? More waiitng.GREAT.

As far as I know SMP's only have to be signed off by the minister,I don't believe they have to be agreed to by parliament,(I may well be wrong there) but as far as I am aware the election makes no difference to SMP commencement.

(Again I reiterate that is my understanding of it,I could well be totally wrong and if I am then I am totally happy to admit to that and apologise )

Perhaps an agent could clarify this for us so anyone who may be affected will have some certainty.

Alan? George?.

Wldnt they be concentrating on elections??? Ie too busy to worry abt SMPs?Anyways not sure if people know but I had a look on WA's SMP and on it..it says Pharmacy Manager but its the same code as pharmacists(my occupation)??? Confusing.... I think someone else had another comment that it may have to wait till POST elections....Lets hope that the new prime minister will revert things back to PRE July 1 policies...

Wldnt they be concentrating on elections??? Ie too busy to worry abt SMPs?Anyways not sure if people know but I had a look on WA's SMP and on it..it says Pharmacy Manager but its the same code as pharmacists(my occupation)??? Confusing.... I think someone else had another comment that it may have to wait till POST elections....Lets hope that the new prime minister will revert things back to PRE July 1 policies...

Hi,

WA's SMP isn't out yet. It still has to be signed off by the minister. It was probably the WA Skills Priority Occupation List you were looking at. As Proudtobeaussie mentioned and I agree that the minister only has to sign off the SMP's and I think it is in his best interests to do so, rather than risk Peeing off businesses who need migrants to fill their vacancies immediately. I canrt imagine Chris Evans being popular with businesses for much longer. They are voters and he needs to make sure they are voting for him. Just my opinion though.

John:hug::hug::hug:

Hi John,

Yup it was the skills priority list that I was looking at.....The list was Pharmacy Manager but not Pharmacists..although both were under the same code..which made it confusing....but from what I've seen..there arent enuff jobs for pharmacists in Perth!

Hi John,

Yup it was the skills priority list that I was looking at.....The list was Pharmacy Manager but not Pharmacists..although both were under the same code..which made it confusing....but from what I've seen..there arent enuff jobs for pharmacists in Perth!

Hi ljwalvin,

I have heard that there aren't many jobs for pharmacists in Perth, but I expect there are quite a demand for them in the outlying areas. After all you could get there under the Pharmacist manager route and find a job which may be related and wait for an opportunity. Also if its on their list, then there must be some demand for it. Which priority categorie did it achieve?

Regards,

:hug::hug::hug:

John

Guest proud2beaussie

The Visabureau website does say this:

DIAC have made the decision that each State/Territory is to have a State Migration Plan which will be a formal signed agreement between the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship and each State and Territory Government.
so there MAY be a delay,but I guess it would depend on how far advanced each SMP is,if it is finalised and only needs the minister to sign off on it then there may be no reason why that couldn't happen but if it's still being written then the minister may not be able to get involved in anything that meant committing the new government to any particular policy.

But who knows? Anything I say at the moment is pure speculation and I may end up being totally wrong,it's going to take someone much more qualified than me to explain what actually happens here.

Guest jilkfree1978

I emailed queensland to ask where the state migration plan is, I emailed them before and they said the plan would be out on the 1st of july or shortly after, here is there reply.

You are correct the plan is not available yet. As an election has now been called we do not presently know the consequences. The best way to find out what is happening is to monitor our website at www.workliveplay.qld.gov.au

Regards

Ms Jodie Willis

Project Officer

Skilled & Business Migration

Department of Employment, Economic Development & Innovation

Level 21, 111 George St, BRISBANE CITY EAST Q 4000

PO Box 15168, CITY EAST QLD 4002

Email: Jodie.Willis@deedi.qld.gov.au

Ph: 617 3224 4969 Fax: 617 3404 3692

Work Live Play

Guest anj1976

The Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Senator Chris Evans, has set new priority processing arrangements for certain skilled migration visas. These arrangements take account of the changes to the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) that came into effect on 1 July 2010, as well as the revocation of the Migration Occupation in Demand List (MODL) and the Critical Skills List (CSL).

General Skilled Migration

Now what.. much awaited SMP is not out.. If they can come out with the list, i dont think anything, polls for tht matter will delay the SMPs

Guest asereht01

NSW finally released a statement about the SMP:

What's New

State Migration Plan

NSW is currently negotiating with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship DIAC on the terms of a NSW State Migration Plan. When a plan is agreed we will provide information on the ‘What’s New’ page of our website www.business.nsw.gov.au/migration.

I emailed queensland to ask where the state migration plan is, I emailed them before and they said the plan would be out on the 1st of july or shortly after, here is there reply.

You are correct the plan is not available yet. As an election has now been called we do not presently know the consequences. The best way to find out what is happening is to monitor our website at www.workliveplay.qld.gov.au

Regards

Ms Jodie Willis

Project Officer

Skilled & Business Migration

Department of Employment, Economic Development & Innovation

Level 21, 111 George St, BRISBANE CITY EAST Q 4000

PO Box 15168, CITY EAST QLD 4002

Email: Jodie.Willis@deedi.qld.gov.au

Ph: 617 3224 4969 Fax: 617 3404 3692

Work Live Play

ُSo it means that they may screw up everything again! Anything could be expected: suspension of application or any thing! It s really ridiculous

We may lose SS application as well as any further chance for visa application ,

What sort of country is this ?:arghh:

An ass hole comes and introduces CSL occupation system and screws a group of people, again the ass hole comes and removes 15 points without any notice and screws the rest and now a new ass hole comes and wants to ....:arghh::realmad:

Stop burning our livelihoods:arghh:

Guest dragsterwish
ُSo it means that they may screw up everything again! Anything could be expected: suspension of application or any thing! It s really ridiculous

We may lose SS application as well as any further chance for visa application ,

What sort of country is this ?:arghh:

An ass hole comes and introduces CSL occupation system and screws a group of people, again the ass hole comes and removes 15 points without any notice and screws the rest and now a new ass hole comes and wants to ....:arghh::realmad:

Stop burning our livelihoods:arghh:

With the new Priority Processing list our, i sense that DIAC is ready to approve and release the SMPs now. And i think WA's SMP would be one of the 1st few SMPs to be released.

Good luck everyone!:wink:

With the new Priority Processing list our, i sense that DIAC is ready to approve and release the SMPs now. And i think WA's SMP would be one of the 1st few SMPs to be released.

Good luck everyone!:wink:

Dear dragsterwish, didn't you see this ?:huh:

As an election has now been called we do not presently know the consequences:wideeyed:

Guest JK2510
hi all could anyone give me a name and number of a gd agent jst starting the process and would like to do this as fast as possible:unsure:

We are using visa bureau and have been for the last 2yrs and 3 months! They were good and fast at getting all our info together but they cant control what DIAC do!

As an election has now been called we do not presently know the consequences:wideeyed:

Which to me means " Things will continue as planned unless we tell you otherwise". The release of the new processing priorities, indicates to me that things will continue to move along, and that the release of SMP's is not considered a major political decision during this caretaker government period. Could be wrong though :wink:

Which to me means " Things will continue as planned unless we tell you otherwise". The release of the new processing priorities, indicates to me that things will continue to move along, and that the release of SMP's is not considered a major political decision during this caretaker government period. Could be wrong though :wink:

Remember the CSL was invented by Chris Evans and it seems that no csl applications is left

The new SOL has been invented by Chris Evans under the coverage of "Skills Australia" and I'm afraid he wants to proceed all sol applicants before the release of the Smp's.It looks like an internal war between the federal governement and the states. I'm hoping this is the last decision of Mr chris

Guest bcfrug

Guys just jumped on here.

Am i right in what i am reading.

I currently have State Sponsership to WA and if my occupation is on the WA SMP i will be pushed up to Cat 2 Processing. Is this the case.

Please someone help me. My heart is pounding here?????????

Guys just jumped on here.

Am i right in what i am reading.

I currently have State Sponsership to WA and if my occupation is on the WA SMP i will be pushed up to Cat 2 Processing. Is this the case.

Please someone help me. My heart is pounding here?????????

I just answered you on the other thread. I know your heart is pounding but no need to post same thing on multiple threads :biggrin:

.... I think someone else had another comment that it may have to wait till POST elections....Lets hope that the new prime minister will revert things back to PRE July 1 policies...

The Liberals say they want to bring back the CSL and MODL, and one would assume, that would include priority processing those lists provided. This might make the SMPs mute, for some of us. Still, any changes will take time

Guest dragsterwish

Hi Reza, this release of SMP or new processing priority is something that has been planned since Feb or earlier and not something new. Thus, DIAC is able to confidently release this even during this Election period.

Archived