Mountain creek or redcliffe!

Guest clazzaclan

Guest clazzaclan

We are looking at high schools in Brisbane! The schools are a massive factor at where we choose to live! Any info appreciated, Thanx:wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi we were in the same position as you - when we came over to validate our visa we visited many schools - Forest lake, Ipswich Grammar, Indooripilly, Brisbane State High School - they all looked good and had plusses and minuses. Then when we moved over here we decided to come up to the Sunshine Coast so all my research did not help!

I also contacted a whole load of schools and got their prospectus, checked out websites and spoke to people i knew.

It took up hours of my time but it did help me get a good overview. In the end we moved here and had to decide v. quickly. It is hard - you also have to decide whether to go private or state - another decision! So check out the internet - there is a website that lists all the schools in Brisbane area - get the prospectuses and then make a shortlist for when you arrive out here. I was quite keen on my kids doing the IB (as I thought it might be better to have an international qualification just in case) but in the end they didnt do it. All the schools I looked at were impressive and looked well run - as to what education they get is difficult to say - even when your child is at school - it all boils down to whether the school suits them and enables them to get their grades.

I think the answer is to do as much research as you can long distance so you be focussed when you come over to look round them.