Anyone at the Safety Bay schools?

Guest mandy1970

Guest mandy1970

We are moving over at the end of October and have 2 girls 7 & 12. Our youngest is quite excited about starting SB primary (yr 3 I think) but our oldest is a bit scared.

She will be going into yr 8 at SB senior high and is worried about not knowing anyone as well as going up to high school.

Is there anyone that goes to these schools that could give me some info about their experiences so I can pass it on to my daughters and hopefully put their mind at rest.

Mandy

Guest Pommy girl 1998

Hi mandy,

sorry i dont really know about anything about the schools but im an 11 year old girl and i would love to talk to your daughter! like us, my younger sister is really up to going the same as my mum and dad but im really scared and dont want to leave... sorry i couldnt help but i would like to your daughter as i said on msn or something if she has it? Where abouts are you moving to in Oz?

Thanks,

Jodie xx

Guest mandy1970

Hi

Safety Bay is south of Perth.

I keep telling my girls that everything will be ok as they are outgoing and friendly - always find someone to talk to lol It is scary going to a new place and starting a new school. I did that when I was 7 and moved from Perth, Oz to Scotland with my family so I do understand. Think of it as an adventure that some of your friends may never have.

Where are you going to?

Guest Pommy girl 1998

Hi,

aaah Perth eh? It seems everyones going to Perth! Would i be able to talk to your daughter please? i think i may have sent you my email address in a pm or that might have been another person but if she wants it i will send it again wether i have or havent! so were you originally born in Australia and moved to the uk? Thanks,

Jodie x

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jo and Dave

Hi Mandy, I just did a search and your post came up! I have 2 twelve year olds (girl and boy) and have also been looking at Safety Bay Senior High and Warnbro Community High, we hope to be there asap after xmas.

Any info you have found out would be great!

Also....Do you need to register for schools now or can you do it when you arrive, would love to take a look around first.

Thanks

Jo x

Guest mandy1970

Hi Jo

We went over last year and had a look around but couldnt speak to anyone as it was school hols. Picked up an info pack for Safety Bay primary school and just got more info off the online schools website as well as SB high.

We have emailed both schools and we will go in to see them to enroll with them starting the following week. Because my eldest is due to start high school in Feb, she is going to go to PS for 5 weeks up to the end of term (on the advice of HS) so she gets to know the teaching ways, make friends, and the schools will know here abilities.

Hope this helps

Mandy

OOHHH were hoping for saftey bay too i have a 10 4 and 3 year old

Maybe you could try contacting the school and setting the kids up with a pen friend who they could write to before they get out their that way they already know someone who will be their when they arrive

We are hoping to arrive 11 jan woohoo cant wait this is though if the visas turn up AAARRRGGGHHH

Guest Jo and Dave

Hi Jo

We went over last year and had a look around but couldnt speak to anyone as it was school hols. Picked up an info pack for Safety Bay primary school and just got more info off the online schools website as well as SB high.

We have emailed both schools and we will go in to see them to enroll with them starting the following week. Because my eldest is due to start high school in Feb, she is going to go to PS for 5 weeks up to the end of term (on the advice of HS) so she gets to know the teaching ways, make friends, and the schools will know here abilities.

Hope this helps

Mandy

Thanks Mandy, Yes I've looked at the website for SB High and it looks good :biggrin: my daughter is very sporty so ideal. I will contact them nearer the time! not even got our visa yet and it depends where I get a job as to where we decide to finally settle.

Thanks Ellasdaddy thats a brill idea! :wink:

Jo

Guest dennipayne18

Hi mandy,

im alison, i lived in Saftey Bay, Rockinham four years ago. i was warned before i moved there that it wasnt a nice area however i still moved there. i was burgled on a sunday afternoon and they took thousands of pounds worth of stuff. my son went to saftey bay primary, school was okay. my 13 year old daughter went to saftey bay high and she had not learnt a thing. we are now back in the UK moving to Brisbane on the 27th August.

Good luck and i hope you have a better time there than me and my family had in Perth.

x

Archived