State Migration Plans

Guest Paul The Plumber

Guest Paul The Plumber

Does anyone know anything about when any of the states will start to accept new applications? Without state sponsorship the lift on the ban from the 1st July means nothing as we can’t apply for the state sponsorship needed as all the states are not accepting applications yet. We have been trying to get a visa application in for nearly a year now, but were first held up by Vetassess not coming over, then the ban on all 176 applications, now no SMP, I’m getting frustrated and we haven’t even started.:goofy:

Does anyone know anything about when any of the states will start to accept new applications? Without state sponsorship the lift on the ban from the 1st July means nothing as we can’t apply for the state sponsorship needed as all the states are not accepting applications yet. We have been trying to get a visa application in for nearly a year now, but were first held up by Vetassess not coming over, then the ban on all 176 applications, now no SMP, I’m getting frustrated and we haven’t even started.:goofy:

To be honest with you, even if you are in the system already, we want the SMP to be released on 1st July as promised. This will help everyone know exactly where they stand on processing of their visas. Hopefully this will happen. There is nothing that anyone can do right now and no one is sure of anything anymore :-) Take it easy, it is just another 5 days left.

dude 2 1/2 years thats frustrating:arghh:

ajarett

I am as anxious as you guys, so I rang WA migaration center this morning just to confirm when they will start taking on-line applications for WA SS. Lady I spoken to, mentioned that it is highly unlikely that online application system will be available until two weeks into July due to SMP approval delays or due to few other reasons

However, this could change. who knows what happens next

Guest grooovy

Hi there!

A few weeks ago I had an answer from ACT in regards to their SMP:

The SMP should be announced mid July – at this stage

Cheers,

Alex

Guest Paul The Plumber

Thanks, but we are looking a queensland, and if plumbers are not on the list then will go for Vicoria

hi we applied for a 175 visa in august 2009. i am a boilermaker and oh is a newly qualified midwife. we originally wanted to go to nsw due to family being there but after a lot of waiting and wondering. we have now decided to take the plunge and apply for wa state sponsorship. particularly since from looking on the internet both of our jobs are on the in demand list. i wanted to check though, i have tried to apply on line for state sponsorship but the site wont let u proceed with an online application. when and if i am able to submit the state sponsorship will i still be able to have the 175 running alongside. furthermore, what would roughly the timescale be for a 176 if successful. i am currently in catagory 6. would it just jump us up to catagory 5. sorry to rant on but am really confused with all of these changes

Archived