UK Spouse/Settlement Visa

Guest MXP78

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You definitely should have had it notarised, who is the visa for, yourself or your husband?

Hi Yorkiegirl...the visa for is myself. Hubby is now onto things, and hopefully his notarised copy will get to Sydney (and then Manila) before they have a chance to reject the application. Fingers crossed.

Hi Yorkiegirl...the visa for is myself. Hubby is now onto things, and hopefully his notarised copy will get to Sydney (and then Manila) before they have a chance to reject the application. Fingers crossed.

Hope it all works out for you, those application forms are a bit of a nightmare, I know we stressed out no end that we hadn't forgotten anything.

Two days after submitting the notarised copy of the biodate page from my husband's passport to Sydney, I've just received an email from MANILVisaInfo@fco.gov.uk:

"Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days. Applicants in Australia and New Zealand should allow 3 days before tracking their documents via the local post. UKBA-Manila Visa Hub"

Fingers crossed for good news!!!

[Current waiting time: 34 working days].

Two days after submitting the notarised copy of the biodate page from my husband's passport to Sydney, I've just received an email from MANILVisaInfo@fco.gov.uk:

"Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days. Applicants in Australia and New Zealand should allow 3 days before tracking their documents via the local post. UKBA-Manila Visa Hub"

Fingers crossed for good news!!!

[Current waiting time: 34 working days].

From memory that's exactly what our email said, (but not the bit about the 34 days) so looks like you have your visa, excellent news!

My passport (with a nice, approved visa inside) arrived today. Total waiting time: 37 working days.

Feeling a cross between :biggrin: and :dull: - so happy I'll now be able to fly to the UK and be reunited with my husband, but also such a sense of anticlimax after all of the waiting, stressing and associated costs. Now to actually enjoy the last few days in Melbourne with my family and friends before I fly out next week.

Good luck to everyone else who applies for the visa xo.

• 6 months later...

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone knows the answer to the following:

I am a South African passport holder with a Permanent Residence visa for Australia (been here 4.5 years and due for citizenship but have not applied). Husband from UK and has UK passport. If we applied for a Settlement Visa for myself, would I have to do the dratted English Language test??!

Thanks in advance.

• 3 years later...
Hi,

Is anyone out there currently waiting for a Spouse/Settlement visa from the British High Commission in Canberra?

If so, or if you've been through the process, how long did it take? I'm currently at week 7 of what is apparently a 4 - 12 week process.

My husband is British and I'm a Kiwi and we're planning on moving to the UK. We've been together for 5.5 years and married for 1.5 of those. I would have thought our application was pretty straight forward so not sure why it's taking so long :unsure:.

If you've been through the process would appreciate a quick overview of your experience.

Cheers,

Michelle

Hey Michelle,

Hope you get your visa soon - I applied for my UK spouse visa in May 2016, only took about 10 days, as I paid the extra $900 to have it fast tracked, I believe you can still apply for fast track at anytime after you've already sent it for processing. It is a hefty extra price to pay after the cost of the actual visa (and NHS if you had to pay it), but it made it easy in making plans, booking flights etc, knowing that it would be in my hands in two weeks! Good luck mate :-)

Esther

Hey Michelle,

Hope you get your visa soon - I applied for my UK spouse visa in May 2016, only took about 10 days, as I paid the extra $900 to have it fast tracked, I believe you can still apply for fast track at anytime after you've already sent it for processing. It is a hefty extra price to pay after the cost of the actual visa (and NHS if you had to pay it), but it made it easy in making plans, booking flights etc, knowing that it would be in my hands in two weeks!

This is a very old thread so I'm sure she's got it by now!

I'm glad the fast-track worked for you, I think it's a waste of money as even the "slow coach" only takes three months. It's not as if deciding to move to the UK is a sudden decision for most people so a few months extra doesn't make much difference! As it turned out, my oh got his approved in about six weeks.

Archived