New SOL Announced

George Lombard

The official version of the new SOL is here: http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/legislation/LegislativeInstrument1.nsf/0/DA1BE00DC2F66895CA25774A0013D89E/$file/10026LI.pdf.

Schedule 3 is the new SOL for overseas applicants (page 29), and Schedule 4 (page 37) is the list of occupations which may be state sponsored.

The table contains relevant occupations, points and assessing authorities. The column for "Country" refers to whether it's a trade assessable by Vetassess or TRA.

Cheers,

George Lombard

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to trouble you George, i have not yet sent my visa app, i am still witing for my certifcate from Vetassess for General plumber which i recently passedd in May.

I took that under the old ASCO, when i submit for WA SS 176 hopefully soon do i use the old ASCO or the new ANZSCO code for my WA State sponser application and then my main GSM 176 Visa.

Sorry bud to ask, but i have followed youre good advice and wondered if you may ne able to help.

Many thanks Nick.

Hi Nick,

First of all please bear in mind that this was only announced two or three hours ago and it's still not the whole picture. I'm not really in a position to answer specific enquiries yet and in any event if you've got an agent you should address your questions there. People without agents will probably be very troubled today by all this confusion but no doubt DIAC will explain specifics later today at Department of Immigration & Citizenship .

But in response to your enquiry, you have to hope that WA is still sponsoring plumbers, that will depend on their State Migration Plan. And when that's announced I expect it will be published using ANZSCO codes with instructions on how to determine the equivalence of an ASCO code. You will only be able to lodge your subclass 176 application after the state sponsorship has been approved, by which time DIAC will no doubt also have released instructions for finding the equivalent of an ASCO code when lodging a new application.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Thanks George, i cant do anything untill i get my cert from Vetassess, hopefully by then WA will have put out there SMP and then if i am on it i can crack on...

Do you think more info will come out today or will it wait untill 1 July...

Its a pickle as i cant fill anything in.....

Thanks once again George..

Cheers Nick..

Guest Pranav Rai Sood

Hey George Thanks for the valuable information.Well i just wanted to clarify that does schedule 4 apply to International students who are on 573 subclass on 8th feb 2010? I am currently an IT student studying at Swinburne University and graduating on 3rd July.I have my Ielts score of 7 each available and i'm just confused whether to file for a 485 ot 885.

Guest Noodle

Thank you for posting the new list (and link). Am I wrong in assuming Schedule 1 relates to people who have already applied for their skills/trade assessment? I am assuming this as it relates to my husbands trade as 4211-11 Motor Mechanic (Vetassess), whereas Schedules 2,3 and 4 have the new code of 321211. Just as an after thought, why the different schedules? obviously there is an extremely valid reason, just one that my brain is not able to compute!!!

Many thanks Ley x

Hi All,

As mentioned earlier, I'm not really in a position to answer individual enquiries. No point trying to understand the technical reasons for Schedule 1 (current SOL) and 2 (current SOL expressed in ANZSCO), best if onshore students get proper advice; offshore future applicants really do need to concentrate on Schedules 3 and 4 now.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Thanks for the new List George...

Ahh Hubbies job was on OLD SOL under GSM but now on new one only under SS which is a bit of a pain in the bum

E.T.A Actually its a total pain in the bum as I have just checked each states list and his profession is on none of their lists. :confused:

Now that the State Sponsorship list has been announced, States will move to publish their own requirements and criterion for respective occupations. Once that's done, only then will the picture be clear for individual states and occupations.

Just my 2c worth! :)

Now that the State Sponsorship list has been announced, States will move to publish their own requirements and criterion for respective occupations. Once that's done, only then will the picture be clear for individual states and occupations.

Ahh OK, Sorry I didn't realise they State Lists could/would be set to change as well. Will just keep my fingers crossed then untill that information comes out ot this will all be just a pipe dream!

Thanks

I have separated the schedule 3 and 4 in two different files.

As per my understanding the file New SOL Subclass 175 is the main SOL list for overseas applicants applying independently under subclass 175, and the second file New SOL Subclass 176 is the list of occupations which needs to be sponsored by a state or territory and applied under Subclass 176.

After a long time some positive news for Hairdressers and Cooks, at least both the occupations are included in Schedule 4, hopefully states will also have these occupations in their SMP(s).

Guys,

Until and unless these lists are not published on the DIAC website they are not finalized. Yes this is my personal opinion can be changed with some expert comments.

Guest theluckyrocky

this is not a new sol!!! in specify it clearly said this is only for applicant before 1/7/2010!!!

Guest choconick
this is not a new sol!!! in specify it clearly said this is only for applicant before 1/7/2010!!!

my understand in the document is

schedule 1&2 is for who apply before 1/7/10

schedule 3&4 is for who apply on or after 1/7/10

The official version of the new SOL is here: http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/legislation/LegislativeInstrument1.nsf/0/DA1BE00DC2F66895CA25774A0013D89E/$file/10026LI.pdf.

Schedule 3 is the new SOL for overseas applicants (page 29), and Schedule 4 (page 37) is the list of occupations which may be state sponsored.

The table contains relevant occupations, points and assessing authorities. The column for "Country" refers to whether it's a trade assessable by Vetassess or TRA.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Thanks George for the info..

This is finally some good news.

George Thanks a lot for the update it gives hope.. :yes: fingers crossed for SMP

yep it cleary says that Schedule 1&2 applies to before 1st July '10

On or after July 1st falls under schedule 3 & 4...

But i do have a question, i got WA SS for Counsellor(nec) but my skills had been assessed under ASCO so it that still valid to lodge my visa on 1 st July, or do i need to apply for skill assessment again to meet ANZSCO's code ...?? :unsure:

Thanks

Guest Mary Cockerill

Hi George, many thanks for the information. In my typical female brain I was wondering the following, schedule 4 is the occupations that DIAC will accept for State Sponsorship. I wonder if and when the State/Territories publish their individual SMP's and the occupations on Sch 4 do not factor (in part) on their specific lists will they still be required to offer sponsorship to applicants in Sch 4 occupations? It just seems a bit silly to have a list of occupations that are eligible for state sponsorship and then an applicant not being able to be considered becuase their specific occupation, while on the sch 4 list, does not factor on an SMP. Maybe I am jumping the gun and should just wait for the SMP's to be published but I am sure it is a question that is on many peoples minds. Would be interested to hear your thoughts. Regards

Guest dream

hi,

Can you please tell me where is state sponsorship list lies. I am SA sponsored 475, Botanist. Applied for visa in june 2009.medicals finalised.

Thanks

Guest nitsy

Guys,

I think it would be better for us to wait for some time till we get more clarity instead of making assumptions!! Once George, Gill or Allan have more details things might get more clearer..

regards,

nitsy

Archived