Do Panel Doctors ACTUALLY contact your GP?

Guest NetCynic

Guest NetCynic

Just wondering as I'm imminently due to do my medical and not sure I want to declare anything. I'm not suffering from a communicable disease (TB, HIV, HEP B or HEP C etc.) but I have a managed condition that I'm worried may prejudice the outcome of my application.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

No they dont. It is up to you to get and pay for a report from your GP or consultant if you feel you will need it to help your application.

I got one from my GP at £15 which I included with the application and another from my consultant at my CO request later which was free suprisingly. I also shoved in some diagnostic results from tests I'd had, probably meant nothing to the CO but would have helped the DIAC doc make a decison.

The thing is.....if you don't declare it and you are found out it will DEFINITELY prejudice the outcome!!!

I would talk to an agent about it and see what their experience is with people who have the same condition as you. You may find it's not going to be a problem at all.

Love

Rudi

x

Guest martinandmanda
Just wondering as I'm imminently due to do my medical and not sure I want to declare anything. I'm not suffering from a communicable disease (TB, HIV, HEP B or HEP C etc.) but I have a managed condition that I'm worried may prejudice the outcome of my application.

Hi there, Conditions such as Diabetes and Hypertension should not be anything to worry about if they are managed well. Without knowing what your condition is, it is hard to say. I know that when I went for my medical (manchester) the Doc was great. We did declare everything on our forms but as far as I am aware he did not contact my GP.

Guest Shreen

My panel doctor was my gp! Was really weird and for obvios reasons couldn't use him as a panel doctor.

As far as I am aware they don't contact them.

I am sure they do not contact them as a matter of course, but I certainly would not take the risk that they never do. They get your doctors details and your premission to contact them if need be so maybe they do from time to time.

Hi

Its not normal for panel Drs to contact your GP, however i would declare the condition you have. If for any reason Immigration did find out you have a condition that youve not mentioned you could be in serious trouble.

Lots of people with medical conditions have succesfully migrated to Oz, including me. I personally wouldnt risk my visa.If you wanted to send me a Private Message giving me a little more info i will happily let you know if i ever heard or met anyone with the same condition and their outcome. I read lotssssss of posts on here (not that im addicted to the place or anything,lol)and have met lotssss of migrants so may be able to reassure you a little more.

Hope this helps

Cal x

Guest guest36187

I suffer from epilepsy, my husband has hypertension and high cholesterol and he is diabetic. We`re here! If a condition is managed then a Dr should see that and respect that!

Archived