Tips for people sending their pets to Eastern Creek

sgperry

hi all,

thought I'd share this bit of info with you as if I knew it a couple of weeks ago, I'd have acted upon it.

My two cats are in Eastern Creek, have been for almost a week now. Turns out that the centre only feeds them dry food. However, this morning the carer happened to mention that if I wanted them to have some wet food (which they definitely prefer at evenings), then I could arrange an online delivery to the centre via Woolworths.com.au.

I have therefore this morning placed an order online and it will be delivered to the centre tomorrow, so at least my girls can have better food and hopefully settle a bit more.

Its quite straightforward to do, just set delivery to the Quarantine centre's address and quote your pet's names in the delivery info.

regards sg

hi all,

thought I'd share this bit of info with you as if I knew it a couple of weeks ago, I'd have acted upon it.

My two cats are in Eastern Creek, have been for almost a week now. Turns out that the centre only feeds them dry food. However, this morning the carer happened to mention that if I wanted them to have some wet food (which they definitely prefer at evenings), then I could arrange an online delivery to the centre via Woolworths.com.au.

I have therefore this morning placed an order online and it will be delivered to the centre tomorrow, so at least my girls can have better food and hopefully settle a bit more.

Its quite straightforward to do, just set delivery to the Quarantine centre's address and quote your pet's names in the delivery info.

regards sg

Thanks for the heads-up SG!

I will defo be doing that when I arrive as I don't think Felix will be too impressed with just dry food!!!:nah:

Melanie x

hi Melanie,

you can place an order on the website from the UK and pay with your UK credit card, so it is there when your pet arrives at the station. I just wish I knew before my two had spent a week there trying to cope with just dry food!

cheers sg

Guest SkyeMove2Melb

Hi!

That is no good, I have my 2 girls in Spotswood, Vic. I thought that wet food was included in all of the stations - after all you are paying a high daily rate for them to be cared for!

They get wet and dry food available all the time.

They get out on Friday!! Will be so nice to have them home finally!!

Hi!

That is no good, I have my 2 girls in Spotswood, Vic. I thought that wet food was included in all of the stations - after all you are paying a high daily rate for them to be cared for!

They get wet and dry food available all the time.

They get out on Friday!! Will be so nice to have them home finally!!

I know, I was quite annoyed when I found out. No wonder the girls aren't very happy there, poor things. Hopefully they will be more settled when they get decent food.

Wonderful to hear your girls will be home on Friday. I've just been sorting our girls paperwork and flights up to us for the 15th July. Sigh, I guess it will go quick enough once we finish our jobs this Friday.

Guest juliemtaylor

Hi our 2 cats got fed wet and dry food in Spotswood, Vic in January.. The only thing we found out is they have lovely inside and outside runs but no toys to play with.. We made some lovely friends on here that took some in for us as we gave them emailed permission via Spotswood website, or you can send direct, or in Oz.

They will be fine!

Julie x

Guest mariav

Our dogs will becoming across early July and i have made arrangements with a dog walker to go and visit our dogs every 2nd day this will include walking and excerising them as well, thanks for the information about the food, i will be sending wet food and toys and maybe extra blankets for them when they arrive.

Guest dinkydog

if u are sending your animals, make sure that u enclose flea repellant e.g. frontline or comfortis. our dog became extremely ill after becoming allergic to fleas in quarantine, apparently qld fleas are notorious and flea alergies are very common. we nearly had to have her put down. expect your animal to pine and lose weight and to need at least a week of solid sleep when they come out. summer heat in qld will cause your pet to lose a heck of a lot of hair.

Guest mariav

if u are sending your animals, make sure that u enclose flea repellant e.g. frontline or comfortis. our dog became extremely ill after becoming allergic to fleas in quarantine, apparently qld fleas are notorious and flea alergies are very common. we nearly had to have her put down. expect your animal to pine and lose weight and to need at least a week of solid sleep when they come out. summer heat in qld will cause your pet to lose a heck of a lot of hair.
Thanks for this information, today i learnt about Heartworm as well, so i am busy researching the options of medications i can send down to them to be administered immediately when they arrive.

Archived