Lottery

Smiler

Hi

Just wondered if anyone has been able to do online national lottery for back in the UK. I tried and it came up with a page saying they think I am accessing from outside the UK (Big Brother is watching me! Yikes!) and that it may not be possible depending on the country I am applying from as other countries may have restrictions.

I'm on a temporary visa until I get PR later next year but I have a feeling I may still not be able to do it as I have been here for just over 6 months.

I know the other way is to get my family back in the UK to do it but I would rather not put them to the trouble and I know my dad wouldn't accept the money and insist on paying for it himself.

Smiler:biggrin:

Hey if I won the 'BIG MONEY!', I would travel through the deepest of seas and over the mother of all mountains barefoot to the UK to get the winnings!lol

The website is not saying it can't be done - more so saying you need to check the rules of the country you are in at the time.

Hi there the only way you can do it is to go through a UK Ip address which is the same if you type in Expat TV and they offer you a UK IP link-you will have to pay a fee of around £5 per month out of paypal but will let you access some of the BBC Iplayer stuff that isnt available ordinarily-however if you did win I think you may have to prove that you are resident in the UK and your identity via your passport so any residency stamps for other countries may go against you and you may forfit the right to claim- I would stick with plan A and get your Dad to do it for you-Dad's love doing stuff like that don't they.

Guest gary12

We used to play the UK lottery from here, not sure how but then read the small print and seems we would have been unable to claim any win as we were not in the UK, seems a bit of a rip off to me. So we instead put our money on the Oz lotto and won $1200 the other week woo hoo! Ok not life changing but every little helps as they say.

Michelle

Thanks ConniebyGaslight. That's an interesting way of doing it but yeah you;re right. it's probably best to stick to getting my dad to do it for me. It would be too much of a tease and downhearted feeling if I were to win but be unable to get hold of the winnings.

Well done Gary12 on winning the Lotto! The most I have won is £10 so $1200 is very exciting!

Hey I reckon PIO should have the £ sign on every page for us lot in Oz who have to go to Word or Google to copy it from there. Would just save me 20 seconds of my life but it would be worth it

Archived