A Tax Question - If You Havent Workef For The Full 12 Months?

emmaj

Hi,

This will be the first time we have had to do an AU tax return and I was wondering if we can claim anything back for the period i wasnt in work?

Hubs has been employed full time since we stepped off the plane, i however have only worked from Nov 2009.

We dont have any dependants and we are on a 457 if this makes a difference.

Can we claim anything back for the period i wasnt in work?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but i obviously know nothing about tax :laugh:

Thanks

Emma

Hi when i enquired (albeit it was 2 yrs ago)for the same reasons as yourself,, i was told you didnt need to do a Tax Return at all if you had earned under $5000.

I would personally ring an accountant tomorrow and double check incase the rules have changed.

Cal x

thanks. ive just had a look at the tax website. It pretty much looks like its all dealt with if your employed, paying tax and arent paying out of pocket expenses or recieving monies from outside sources. you dont need to do a tax return........

Im in the process in requesting help for childcare, but if ive read this right. I can ask for an annual payment after exact earnings are known.........