Sign in to follow this  
Guest deedarbikes

horse riding friends on the Mornington Peninsula

Guest deedarbikes

Hi,

Is there anyone out there on the peninsula who has horses and would help my darling wife get back on her feet with her hobbies. In the uk she has 3 horses and they are her life so a move to Oz has been difficult for her as they have stayed there. She obviously misses the horses but misses the company of like minded friends and the social aspect as well. She has been trail riding but its not really the same, and at the moment we are unsure as to the future here and dont want to commit to another Horse as it is a serious undertaking.

She would dearly love to help with the yard work in return for a ride out with someone and a natter and is extremely knowledgeable about horses and showing/ competing.

We live at Mt Martha and would love to hear from anyone who could help.

If your wondering why she has not done this post herself its because she has had a couple of disappointing experiences with people messing her about and she has almost given up on the situation. However, a happy wife makes for a happy husband!!!

Thanks for reading and hopefully we will get a response.

My number is 0419413604

Cheers

Steve and Rach

Guest jeza

:wubclub: what a nice husband you are. She is one lucky gal! Hope she finds happiness, I'm sure you will make sure she does! I really hope someone helpful responds to your post.

Most horsey people live on the westernport side of the and there are lots of them. Agistment is available as well. Joining an equestrian association would be a good idea. Danbury Park, Willow Creek teach riding, local vets usually know nwho is who in riding.

There is a lady who brought her horses out and lives around Somers, she posts on Britvics from time to time.

If she pops into Mackays pet and stockfeed place they will also know. Get the horsey mags.

They play polo cross at Moorrooduc.

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink:

Guest gary12

I presume your wife has trailed at Gunnamatta, has she asked if she could volunteer there? I know they open year round so I am sure would welcome some help. I restarted learning to ride last year after a 33 year break and it is a wonderful hobby although I am still at the get on and hang on for grim death stage, it's great fun.

Has she tried putting a notice up at the vets, maybe offering to exercise horses or provide holiday cover? Anything is worth a try.

I hope she finds somewhere soon.

regards

Michelle

Guest deedarbikes
I presume your wife has trailed at Gunnamatta, has she asked if she could volunteer there? I know they open year round so I am sure would welcome some help. I restarted learning to ride last year after a 33 year break and it is a wonderful hobby although I am still at the get on and hang on for grim death stage, it's great fun.

Has she tried putting a notice up at the vets, maybe offering to exercise horses or provide holiday cover? Anything is worth a try.

I hope she finds somewhere soon.

regards

Michelle

thanks Michelle, we both did the gunnamatta ride the other week and i can nearly walk again. Where do you ride/live ?

Guest gary12

Ha Ha, takes a bit of getting used to doesn't it . I ride in Wonga Park, thats a good hour at least from you. I live in Eltham, there are lots of stables this way so I am very lucky, we have lots to choose from.

Did you do the beach ride at Gunnamatta?

I hope you find somewhere that she likes

Michelle