ex refusal to take kids

Guest whattodo

Of course the kids will say they want to go on an adventure but after a few months when the novelty has worn off they might actually start to miss their dad, you must also look at it from his point of view, he obviously loves his kids and wants to be able to watch them grow, skype etc is nothing to being with and holding your kids.

Im sure you will find that after the initial excitement of moving to a new country, they will soon start to miss their dad if their relationship is good. I still miss my dad and Im 42.

Sorry but think that taking the kids away from their dad is absolutely awful and good on him for fighting it.

Some people say Skype is hard & doesn't work & isn't the same. They are right but I have friends that use Skype mainly as their point of connection my friend is here & his family in Poland, which is not as far as OZ but he gets to see his family properly for maybe twice a year & it is something that he has come to accept as his children are comfortable there & he here.

Not taking any sides here, but just wanted to point out that keeping in touch between the UK and Poland is significantly easier than UK/Australia due to the time difference. It's all very well saying you can skype, but practically, that can only happen at the weekends, becuase during the week, one party is always at work/school or asleep. At the weekends, Skyping effectively means one party staying home that day to make sure they're in at a time the other is available, so you can't make the most of your weekend, which can lead to resentment, or not finding a time to skype for several weeks.

Not taking any sides here, but just wanted to point out that keeping in touch between the UK and Poland is significantly easier than UK/Australia due to the time difference. It's all very well saying you can skype, but practically, that can only happen at the weekends, becuase during the week, one party is always at work/school or asleep. At the weekends, Skyping effectively means one party staying home that day to make sure they're in at a time the other is available, so you can't make the most of your weekend, which can lead to resentment, or not finding a time to skype for several weeks.

Fair point about poland/uk but I was only pointing out how families do have to use skype. Although the time difference isn't no where as big as Australia the same problems arise, being in at the right time, waiting for eachother sometimes there is no connection for several weeks coz of bad weather etc, I was only offering advice on what I no.

At the end of the day as I said before every situation is different, every family is different, only the person that is in the situation knows what is best for their child ...... just whattodo wanted advice & I was just offering mine as from being in the same situation & I have been in the situation where my mum wanted to move somewhere else away from my dad & had to gain his permission. Seeing it from both sides so know how difficult it is. :sad: and how upsetting it is all round.

Im sure you will find that after the initial excitement of moving to a new country, they will soon start to miss their dad if their relationship is good. I still miss my dad and Im 42.

Sorry but think that taking the kids away from their dad is absolutely awful and good on him for fighting it.

Agree with this 110%. Ask yourself why do I want to go to Australia, better lifestyle etc etc, who for, you or the kids. Could you not postpone it until they reach the age of majority and can make their own decision.

Guest guest36187
I know he is going to be the same as your ex & I know he will try & make it as hard as possible for me

The age at which your children are at they are able to make their own decisions & if they want to go their dad should accept that. If he stops them now at this age it is something they will not forget. If he lets them go & encourages them to a good life there they will respect & love him for supporting them & they will know he is there for them if they wish

Sorry, he should be making it hard. I'm with some of the other posters. Look at it from another way.....he's taking the kids away from you..how would you be feeling?

I know some people that have let their kids go and now the kids want to know why dad didn't love them enough to want them to stay?

If it were me, I'd have a hell of a lot of questions before I considered an answer. This is an emotive subject and will always throw out emotive answers and statements.

Good luck to all of you x

Archived