Nearly 12 months in oz!

Guest chris_mac

Guest chris_mac

Should have done it 12 years ago!:arghh:

Like for like, pound for pound, still have to work, Bills, groceries, same old bull sh7t every day etc etc etc...

BUT!.............................. Weekends!!!

Great weather! Beaches galore on your door step, Surfing, BBQs, Beer, Huge houses, Great weather, more beer, great people, loads to do, boosted moral, more beer, great weather? Surfing, boating, walking, then beer! Better wages, more prospects, easier to achieve higher positions, just fantastic. Did i mention great beer (Crownies hmmmmm)

Lovin lovin lovin it.

What do i miss from the uk? Nothing...

Good luck if you are stuck in the system and waiting... Stick at it... It took us 2 years and a lot of money...But "Hey" (qld lol ) this place rocks.

Chris

Guest peterd869

But U must say home is always home and that being in Australia is always overseas. Well it is for me

Guest itsSHIRLEY

Hi this post has given me the boost i needed. Waiting til suspension of visas over. Want to go live in queensland. Read so many negative posts recently was wondering if anyone was happy over there. I loved queensland when i visited australia, thought it would be a wonderful place to live.Thanks again for posting this positive post about australia. Hope to get over there before the year is out.Hope you continue to enjoy life in the sun.

But U must say home is always home and that being in Australia is always overseas. Well it is for me

Totally dis-agree mate. Australia is our home, I never felt that the UK had anything to offer us or the kids....and 9months into our life in Perth I can honetly say I will never go back. And before anyone says it's ONLY 9 months....I know my own mind. Our Daughter was so unhappy when we arrived so for Xmas we sent her back for a month. She called us after a week and said she wanted to come home 'Australia is my home, this was an expensive lesson but I know I don't want to come back to the uk again' she said! Phew! Money well spent.

I think it makes a lot of difference which part of the uk you are from too. And as chris and myself were practically neighbours I can understand that he's loving it in Australia! Can't believe it's been a year for him though! Good luck for the next year mate. Congratulations!!

Lisa,xx

Great weather! Beaches galore on your door step, Surfing, BBQs, Beer, Huge houses, Great weather, more beer, great people, loads to do, boosted moral, more beer, great weather? Surfing, boating, walking, then beer! Better wages, more prospects, easier to achieve higher positions, just fantastic. Did i mention great beer (Crownies hmmmmm)

Lovin lovin lovin it.

Haha, I could do with all (or just some!) of those things right now on this grey and miserable day in London! :cute:

Great post, fantastic to hear you're enjoying yourself. :jiggy:

Should have done it 12 years ago!:arghh:

Like for like, pound for pound, still have to work, Bills, groceries, same old bull sh7t every day etc etc etc...

BUT!.............................. Weekends!!!

Lovin lovin lovin it.

What do i miss from the uk? Nothing...

Good luck if you are stuck in the system and waiting... Stick at it... It took us 2 years and a lot of money...But "Hey" (qld lol) this place rocks.

Chris

Great post, loved the Joke at the end :biglaugh:

Archived