Aussie drivers

Guest peterd869

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im well aware of power to weight ratios (ive been a mechanic for 16 yrs and into my cars since i could walk i totally agree that all new drivers shud be restricted to 1600cc N/A cars for 5 yrs and only when they pass an advanced driving course then they shud be allowed to drive high horsepower cars .......... and tracy ive had my uk hgv for 8 yrs i think driving for bentley and aston martin should mean that im up to a certain standard ;)

Do you fancy a casher doing ma Evo pal

ive been driving here nearly a year..... and for the name dropping .... you have to be assessed to make sure your driving is up to there standard......... and the test is easy .....ive seen loads of women taking lessons aswell !!!!!

lessons for what? What are you saying about the woman taking lessons :confused:

Lets not beat about the bush but the Aussies are Sh!t drivers with very little manners.

In a nutshell :biggrin:

This morning a wet perth and loads of accidents i passed 4 just travelling 15 minutes the drivers seem to still drive up each others arses and toe to the floor even though its wet and raining. I was driving 70 in a 70 zone and some brain dead woman with kids in her car was right up my jacksy arms waving because she wanted me to go faster,Everyone seems to be in to much of a hurry oblivious to other drivers and the dangers on the road.:arghh:

Guest peterd869

Well the forethought to the thread was, I was driving down Bel Street Coburg (Melbourne) and I have 3 cars change lane on me with no indication. A car drove into a drive way and rolled back out so I had to change lanes in a hurry.

This reminded me of when I first came to Oz. I had 6 accidents in 6 months. Not one was my fault.

My driving test 10 years ago was a drive around the block, an angle park and a chat about the olymic's

Looks like things have not changed!!

Pete

Guest Carron

Never driven anyway but Oz and never had any real problems, I guess I don't know any different :)

Went to live in Dubai for a couple of years and came back very appreciative of the way we drive here! Arabs reversing on a roundabout cos they missed their exit. Young Arabs in their beefed up sports cars going 200kms on a road racing their mates...flashing their lights at you to tell you to get out the way! No indication whatsoever for changing lanes or exiting freeways, in fact they will cut right across you at great speed from and inside lane to exit at the last moment. Constant honking of horns when you are stuck in peak hour traffic despite the fact no-one can move!

Maybe some govt. funded incentive for all drivers to do an advanced driver course would be helpful here. I know my son did one just before he got his license through school and he came home saying "you just don't realise how fast 60Km's is until you have to stop in a hurry! It really made him think" I am going to send my daughter to the course when she gets her license later this year.

Guest siamsusie

Yes Carron, I work in Asia... now the Thais, Laoians, Cambodians are drivers to be believed. Coming back to Australia makes me realise the Australians are pussycats in comparison. If my memory serves me well driving in thick fog on British motorways is a hair raiser, they drive bumper to bumper on a death wise pmsl. Like the little Scotsman Steve Ellis says quite rightly, "theres good and bad......."

Susie x

Guest chris_mac

Aussies cant drive to save their lives....Thats why so many die every week and i mean every week.

I have a lot of driving experience and they scare the sh7t outta me... So unpredictable. They have NO idea...

Guest itskaren
Dear all,

What do you think of Aussie drivers/

Personally I think they are so bad. No one follows the road rules. cant drive in a straight line!!

Pete

Don't start me off on this one! I have never ever come across such appalling drivers in all of my life.

I honestly don't know how they pass their test!:confused:

Guest wayniexagt
lessons for what? What are you saying about the woman taking lessons :confused:

well the test must be easy if women are trying to get behind the wheel of trucks :laugh:

Guest chris_mac

Crash test DUMMIES! (AKA oz drivers) Rule one.... Must be capable of taking repeated hard hits to the head, Road rules and I.Q not important. (AFL similar rules apply)

Every ozzy seems to pass ?

Guest daveintaiwan

I think you should all try a month's driving in Taiwan or China. The four times I have visited Oz in the last seven years, it's been absolute bliss to drive there by comparison. We have a word for red lights here - "Stoptional"! My wife (who is Taiwanese) never completely understood why I cursed so much when driving in Taiwan until she came to Oz. On the second day somewhere around the Gold Coast, she casually observed, "The driving is so much more civilised and less scary here. You also don't swear when you drive here." I pointed out that it was probably because I wasn't in fear of my life at every junction.

perth drivers :-

dont know how to merge

compete like there in a race

truck/bus drivers drive like they are driving a car

ignore amber and red lights

infact i prefer driving in bangkok than here haha:arghh:

Perth drivers just don't know how to drive full stop. They don't just ignore lights, they ignore all rules.

Appearently, WA drivers are one of the worst and rudest drivers, and this was said by a western australian.

Guest wayniexagt
they say woman make better truck drivers as they are gentle on the stick :wink:

a firm hand is required ......... no point treating it like your threading a needle my dear ....

Hi Pete

I haven't read any replies so as not to be influenced, so this is my experience.

i have just come back from Brisbane and i was also previously in Perth and admittedly i only was driving for 2 months, but in that time i had NO road rage incidents having driven some 3,000km.

As soon as i came home i was tailgated by some moron on my journey to taking the kids to school 2km away. I drive to work 15km away and not a day goes by without incident.

I loved the way you can overtake on the outside and the inside on motorways in Australia and to me this cuts down massively on tailgating and road rage incidents. I am sure there are people who will say its worse in Australia, but my experience was that it was far, far better and the roads were wide and mostly dual carriageway, unlike alot of roads in the uk.

jim:wink:

I think you would find that Jim, if the roads were not mostly dual carriageways here either, there would be a lot more road rage, tailgating and other incidents too. They would simply try to "push you off" the road. It's not happening (as much) here, only because there are dual carriageways and they can overtake you.

Guest peterd869

I had a DRZ 250 nice and yellow (Motor Bike). The amount oof times I HAD A "near miss" was hit 2.

I had a massive 4WD with a big bull bar. Had to bull bars put on that car. No fault of my own!

Maybe the aussies need a better eye sight test.

Archived