ellasdaddy

Transferring to RAN Whats the Visa Charges Help!!!!!

Filling out our visa application 47ES now and i got to the payment part so i went to the immigration pages but im not sure which one we are

My husband is transferring from the Royal Navy to the Royal australian navy but i cant find one listed for that

Any help would be brill

:arghh:

Finally we have arrive in Oz and loving every single minuite of it

Carolann, Steve, Michael, Ella and Noah:jiggy:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi there

You have not said which visa you are applying for, hun! However you have said that you are in the process of completing Form 47ES, which is below:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/47es.pdf

Form 990i sets out the fees which are payable CURRENTLY!!!!

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/990i.pdf

These fees will INCREASE on 1st July 2010, so the fee payable will depend on exactly when you think that your paperwork is likely to be received by DIAC?

My guess is that your OH is probably applying for a subclass 120 Labour Agreement visa? This is the visa that all of the ADF people currently use, I am told.

Employer Sponsored Permanent Visa Charges

It looks like all 3 of the employer-sponsored PR visas are subject to the same visa application charge of $1,705 at the moment. That will increase to $1,735 on 1st July 2010. If there is any doubt about the likely date of receipt by DIAC in Oz, my inclination would be to send them the higher amount and be done with it. They can refund $30 in due course if it is necessary for them to do so.

Cheers

Gill

Guest guest24485

I transferred to the RAAF last year and initially I had to pay for my medical (£100ish) per person and my visa (£250ish) per person. When we arrived in OZ I filled out the paperwork and claimed the money back from them so it's not too bad. I don't know if it has changed much since last year but we came over on a subclass 120 visa if that helps under the labour agreement. Your husband's Lateral Recruitment contact should be able to advise on costs and that. The Aussies really look after you in regards to the whole process. We started ours in January 08 and landed in Darwin April 09. The only stressful bit for me was the medical as my daughter ended up in A+E the night before. Good luck with the whole thing.

Yeah we are on a subclass 120 also i write thast like i know what im talking about but nope i have no idea lol

Finally we have arrive in Oz and loving every single minuite of it

Carolann, Steve, Michael, Ella and Noah:jiggy:

Guest guest24485

I spent many a night filling in the bloody paperwork and at one point I felt like screwing the damn thing up and not bothering. Glad I didn't. Once the paperwork is completed, from memory, you also need a police check and a medical. You can find the nearest medical on www.immi.gov.au. They are under a section called panel doctors. Try choose one that does the xrays and medical at one place or you will be buggering about like we were. The people at the Australian high commision are very helpful and I did spend a bit of time on the phone with them. Make sure that you don't send your visa application to OZ until your medicals are complete or you will get an email to say your visa docs are there but no medical docs. They did that to me. Rang them twice form U.K to talk and they were alright too. I have 3 PDF files called life in Australia which they sent me. If you would like a copy I could email them to you. Don't give up with the forms. Might look like a forest was chopped down just for the amount of paper you are presented with but will all be worth it.

Good Luck

Guest guest24485

Are you applying for the Subclass 457 visa under the labour agreement??

If so, costs are $265.

I think that is what we filled out, Subclass 457, Business(long stay) visa under the labour agreement.

Hope that helps.