SS Funds???

paulswin

Am I right in thinking to get SS you have to have the funds in your bank?? We'll only have money when we sell our house??

it depends on for what state you are going to apply. For instance, for ACT SS you have to have money in the bank at least for the last three months before applying for SS and properties such as house and land is not acceptable. In my opinion if you are willing to apply for SS, provide your money and put it in your account as soon as possible

Guest shafaqat309

I showed 25k for main applicant and 5k additional for my wife and this was in the form of bank statement.

I know NT ask for $35k for a single applicant and then $50k if its a couple. Some states are specific, whereas States like Victoria don't publish figures. The best approximate floating around the forums for Victoria is $25k although I hasten to add that is somewhat speculative.

Guest Taylor72
Am I right in thinking to get SS you have to have the funds in your bank?? We'll only have money when we sell our house??

Hi we are in the same positon, all our equity in our home. We are moving to Queensland (hopefully), and have contacted queensland a number of times re this subject. We are a family of 4 and have to provide access to liquid assets of $34,000. They have explained to me that all you have to show is evidence that you could get quick access to this money if required. They gave me examples of how people have done this ie: Remorgage and just forward the offer of the funds but dont actually borrow it,also credit cards to the required amount. Queensland have said they do not require the money in the bank just the evidence to show you have got the funds if needed. Hope this helps as this issue has been the pain of my life :wub:

Annette

Guest Taylor72
Thanks everyone! I guess if we need to show we can get money really quickly will have to do the re-mortgage thing!! I heard somewhere that WA dont ask for it so i'm hoping that may be the case lol!!!!

Hi

Another poms in oz member who ive spoken to has gone through the state sponsorship and did not have to supply the evidence of funds, so fingers crossed for you that its still the same :wink:.

Hope it all goes well :wub:

Annette

Archived