Renewed passport 18 months in

Guest DonUnder

Guest DonUnder

I'm 18 months into a 4 year 457 visa and have just had to renew my UK passport (really should have done it before getting the visa but hindsight's 20/20 ;-). I don't have a physical visa in my old passport...it's just electronic.

Do I need to transfer my visa to my new passport or do I need to take both passports when I travel?

Guest proud2beaussie

You can do either,if you want you could visit a DIAC office and have a label put in your new passport or you can just carry the old and new ones together,there is a fee if you want a label placed in your new passport.

Guest DonUnder

I think I'll just visit the local DIAC office then. It'll save me the hassle of carrying 2 passports.

Guest proud2beaussie

Yeah a lot of people on 457 visas don't bother actually getting a label in their passport anymore with the E-visa system but they can be handy to have,can save a bit of hassle.

Guest DonUnder
Yeah a lot of people on 457 visas don't bother actually getting a label in their passport anymore with the E-visa system but they can be handy to have,can save a bit of hassle.

I was a bit worried when I first returned to Aus that they wouldn't let me in without the label....aaaah the innocence of visa youth ;)

Thanks for your help.

Archived