IOM Assisted travel for migrants ???????????

Guest jonseywife

Guest jonseywife

Hi all

Just wondered if any one has contacted or used the IOM in Canberra (International Organization for Migration) for their flights to OZ.

In the confirmation VISA letter, It mentions that migrants can get reduced one-way flights with extra baggage allowance through the IOM, with some main companies.

Im thinking about e-mailing them out of curiousity................. I will let you all know when I hear, it might be quite a bit cheaper (There's always hope!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:).

Guest Gollywobbler

Hiya

I contacted them about my mother's one-way flight to Oz after her visa was granted. Their price for Qantas was £40 cheaper than Singapore Airlines from London to Perth. The baggage allowance was just the normal 40kgs.

We don't use anyone except Singapore Airlines for Mum because she is elderly, disabled and they have cornered the market for vulnerable passengers with their "Meet & Assist" service, which is second to none. IOM said that they only have a contract with Qantas and could not arrange flights with any other airline.

Some people have had good savings for, say, a family of four travelling to Brisbane or Sydney, so for the sake of an e-mail I would say it is definitely worth askig IoM.

Cheers

Gill

Hi

I was so glad to hear you got your visa. :twitcy:

On the IOM issue, I have heard it's a lot cheaper and I've also heard there's not that much difference so it would be really interesting to know for sure. I think they use Quantus but not sure if they use anyone else and also don't know if you can have stopovers with them.

Don't know a lot do I, Sorry! :wacko:

Let us know how you get on, it would be really helpful to loads I'm sure. :notworthy:

Emma x

I contacted them and they were not cheaper than Singapore (from Manchester) and also the flight times weren't great - we opted for singapore so we could land in the afternoon here in WA. Their agreement is with Quantas only (after all they're the national airline).

Ali

When we asked for quotes on flights they were a little cheaper for quantas( I think they only use quantas ), baggage was 40 kg each, but we used dial a flight and singapore airlines as they were cheaper than the quote from IOM. I am not sure if you can do stop overs with IOM, which we are doing.

Guest lynneand mark

Hi, we have booked through IOM and for the dates ands flight times we wanted they were the cheapest. We like Qantas so are happy to fly with them but Singapore airlines are also great so it's just down to personal choice, availability of flights with decent flight times and of course....cost!! The lady we dealt with via email to IOM was extremelly helpful and answered my never ending questions. We have a 40kg allowance each which to be honest is more than enough because we have to actually carry it!! I would email them for a price, you've nothing to lose!

Archived