TRA assessment timescales

gypsy10

Hi there,

Has anyone recently submitted their skills assessment to TRA? If so do you have an idea as to what their current timescales are? They've said it's around 30 working day but just wanted to check on the forum to see if anyone has heard before/after this.

Thank you

Guest nodrog72

Hi Gypsie 10

I sent my TRA back in January and at the time there was a simular thread as many of us were waiting well beyond the 30 days. In turned out that by rule of thumb most of us were recieving a decision after 50 or more days. My advice is believe in what you have sent and give it time - upto 50 working days - and good luck!

Gordon:twitcy:

Hi there,

Has anyone recently submitted their skills assessment to TRA? If so do you have an idea as to what their current timescales are? They've said it's around 30 working day but just wanted to check on the forum to see if anyone has heard before/after this.

Thank you

Guest Spencer

Hi my TRA was sent on the 12 March and came back 12 May just too late to carry on with our state sponsership!

Now we wait to see if my job is still on the new state lists

I hope its good news for all!

Spencer

Guest Spencer

Hi my TRA was sent on the 12 March and came back 12 May just too late to carry on with our state sponsership!

Now we wait to see if my job is still on the new state lists

I hope its good news for all!

Spencer

Hi Spencer,

Why was it too late for state sponsorship? Really worried as that's the path we're hoping to go down. What state were going to apply for?

Thanks Spencer and all the best. Fingers crossed your job is on the new state lists.

Guest snowy10
Hi there,

Thank you

Like the others are saying, it's closer to 2 months (see my timeline) , there was a bank holiday in my period.

Good luck.

Hi Spencer,

Ignore my previous post. I've read the amendments on the immigration website. Damn! I wonder how long this temporary closure is going to last for. Oh man what a big fat bummer! Need to keep a close eye from now on on the immi website. Any idea when the new state lists coming out?

Thanks mate

:o(

Guest Spencer

Hi Gypsy10

Looks like new list will start to come out from the 1st July (we hope)

But no one realy has a clue at this stage!

Just got to wait and keep our fingers crossed!

What is you Job/Trade?

Spencer

Hi Spencer,

Think we're in the same boat. It just shows you really need to keep a close eye on the immigration website or this forum to see what's going on. We've had a few busy months so not been checking and my heart sank when I read your post about changes. Just keeping everything crossed now that our job appears on the new list. My husband has applied under the Elec Eng Detail Draft option. He's a CAD draughter/co-ordinator.

What is your trade?

All the best!

Hi Gypsy10

Looks like new list will start to come out from the 1st July (we hope)

But no one realy has a clue at this stage!

Just got to wait and keep our fingers crossed!

What is you Job/Trade?

Spencer

Guest Spencer

Hi Gypsy10

I think we should be ok !

Australia needs good trades!!

I am a Floor finisher we have wanted to live in Australia for years should have done it then would have been a lot easier than now!!

Anyway i will wait as long as needed!

If i get any news on state lists will let you know!

Where are you looking to go?

Spencer

I hope you're right Spencer. Fingers crossed they need people like us!

I went travelling in 1998 to Oz where i met my hubby. Thought of moving then but didn't!!!! Silly silly decision but hindsight's a gr8 thing.

We would love to live in WA. How about you?

Cheers

Hi Gypsy10

I think we should be ok !

Australia needs good trades!!

I am a Floor finisher we have wanted to live in Australia for years should have done it then would have been a lot easier than now!!

Anyway i will wait as long as needed!

If i get any news on state lists will let you know!

Where are you looking to go?

Spencer

That's so crap Fergal sorry to hear that!

I guess you're waiting to see the new list too? What's your trade n where you going to apply?

From what happened to me in Sheapards Bush last night, i cant wait to get outta here, had my new Blackberry pick pocketed. Im well cheesed off £400 phone, gone in a blink!! :(

That's so crap Fergal sorry to hear that!

I guess you're waiting to see the new list too? What's your trade n where you going to apply?

Hi Gypsy Ah well such is life :mad:. I got mine in just before the 7th of May changes, i got my TRA assessment back on the 5th and loged the Visa app on the 6th!

I had gained Victoria state sponsership while i was waiting for my TRA assessment. I am a Sheet metal worker and my trade is still on the new SOL :jiggy:, it was on the old Victoria Skills list , but im not sure if it is now. But because i applied before the changes i think it still stands?

Its in there hands now and i cant do anything else now.

What trade or profession are you in and where do you hope to go :biggrin:

Oh cool that's brill! Will keep my fingers crossed 4u. I'm sure they'll still process it cuz u got in there just b4 the changes :biggrin:.

If we pass the TRA we will need to do the IELTS. Did u have to do that? Its mad cuz my bro just been out there and said they crying out for people in CAD draughting which is what we've applied under, and still it seems such a mare for things to get moving. Wish they'd just hurry up n pull their fingers out :arghh:

Oh well patience it a virtue n all that.

Well fingers crossed for us all :spinny:

Take care

Hi Gypsy Ah well such is life :mad:. I got mine in just before the 7th of May changes, i got my TRA assessment back on the 5th and loged the Visa app on the 6th!

I had gained Victoria state sponsership while i was waiting for my TRA assessment. I am a Sheet metal worker and my trade is still on the new SOL :jiggy:, it was on the old Victoria Skills list , but im not sure if it is now. But because i applied before the changes i think it still stands?

Its in there hands now and i cant do anything else now.

What trade or profession are you in and where do you hope to go :biggrin:

Hi guys, When you sent off the paperwork, did you have all documents certified as a true copy by a solicitor? I have contacted a local solicitor and he will charge £5 per document, we have lots of paperwork to send, seems a little excessive. Is there any way around this?

Hi guys, When you sent off the paperwork, did you have all documents certified as a true copy by a solicitor? I have contacted a local solicitor and he will charge £5 per document, we have lots of paperwork to send, seems a little excessive. Is there any way around this?

Hi donlou, yes i did have all my paperwork certified as true copies. I got all mine done about 20-30 pages for £20, solicitor was a cool guy. Im sure most charge about £3-5 per document. Shop around before u pick one solicitor.

There is no way around it, the TRA states that you must provide "certified true copies" :confused:, but with your Visa app scanned color copies will suffice:jiggy:

Hi donlou,

Yes we had our our docs certified by a solicitor. We shopped around as one solicitor was charging £10 per sheet! After ringing around we got a solicitor to do the lot for £25 which was great. Where are you located?

my TRA went away on 11/11/09 got it back on 04/12/09

i didnt have to certify anything, agent did it for me at no extra cost.

only document for the whole process that needed anything was a Statutory Decleration. got signed by a JP for nothing.

there are more people than just a solicitor who can do it. do a bit of research and shop around

Archived