You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest The Lost Ryder

Too old for Australia Holiday Visa!? Plans sunk?!

Guest The Lost Ryder

Just been on the aussie immigration website and they say the maximum age is 30 for the working-holiday visa!

I was hoping to get work in the mining industry temporarily and my feet under the table and then later get sponsorship from a willing company for migration visa.

Now it looks pretty grim.

I'm 32 years old, from an oil and gas construction background.

Its never too late, 45 is the cut off point as i under stand it!, May be you will have to wait a few yr to get in once you have joined the queue though!

Proview

I think the best thing if you can afford it is to come out on a tourist visa and put yourself out there and try to get interviews and hand out loads of CV's - obviously you can't work but it's better if they meet you in person rather than just sending a CV via email.

45 is the age cut off for skilled visas. 30 is the limit for working holiday visas. Handing out CVs on a tourist visa is classed as soliciting for work and could get the OP deported or barred from Australia.

Best bet would be to speak to an agent, find out if there is a better visa strategy....

there was an ad in today's scottish sunday mail for mine workers, many different trades required ... i think it's hays recruitment advertising

You need to watch more Nothing to Declare on UK Living :wub:

My all time favourite has to be the Asian lady on a tourist visa, that had a book in her possession with useful phrases like "I am the sex doctor", "I am skilled in the ways of love". Honest she was coming to Oz to check out the kangaroos :biggrin:

Guest Koala123

:laugh::laugh::laugh: