who is on Cat 7 raising hands please!! Processing timeline after Cat 6?

Guest langhoatu81

Guest langhoatu81

Hi there

anyone has any ideas, when Cat 7 would be moving for application beginning of 2009? lots of us here are falling in this last processing timeline so we feel very far behind from everyone else..so anyone would have a bit of clue..what would be helpful to manage our time and patient to wait.

Guest grooovy

Hi!

I am from Cat 7 and I don't see any sunshine in the future.

There's still too much uncertainty:

1. Will the concordance table ASCO -> ANZSCO (that was mentioned by George Lombard) be applied to ALL applicants (including those already in the pipe) or only to those who haven't applied yet and hold an assessment from a respective body.

I know quite a few applicants post and pre September 2007, whose nominated occupations now are on the NEW SOL. It seems logical to move them up in the queue now as DIAC acknowledges their occupations are in demand. But who knows what DIAC will decide. Having all this mess since the introduction of CSL, I don't think they will act in the slightest interests of the applicants waiting for years.:skeptical:

2. SMP may be a real salvation for those who still sit in Cats 6-7.

All in all, probably most of us are nervously waiting for the news.

Let's hope next week brings something positive. :hug:

Hi, I am in Cat 5, and was told by DIAC just 2 days ago that they are currently processing Cat 3/4 and would start Cat 5 in around 1yr-18 months. So I can only assume Cat 7 would start processing around 24-30 months.

They are constantly making changes so anything could happen but it looks like this is the timeline at the moment im afraid.

Guest YingYing

Hey bettyboo, thanks for the info. could you please share your timeline? I am Cat5 application as well...would like to see how far DIAC progress now into the cat5 appls... cheers!

Guest langhoatu81

Hi, are you serious? huhu it's too long to wait for it isn't it? we would wait for the the rest of our life till on day DIAC notify that all applications will be ceased haha.

May be your offshore application would take longer as i'm onshore and already wait for 16 Months now..hopefully that will come out faster a bit....

Hi all.

We applied April 2008. Non CSL. Non MODL but my occupation is on the new SOL. Not that it really means anything. We did meds and police check in April 2009 so there out of date now. We have at this stage pretty much given up on Australia and are going to start work on building a new 'dream' home here in Ireland. At least we will be nice and cosy inside while the typical Irish weather is at it outside. Am so annoyed that the goal posts have kept changing over the last 2 years and it's soul destoying to see people in cat 1, 2 and 3 getting visa's in 6 months or other people complaining that it took a year for their visa to be finalised.:cry:

Guest langhoatu81

haha, at least cat 7 still out there..since reading in this forum, i only see people from Cat 1-4..you're right they are complaining too much when they can get visa in 6 months to 1 year. we have to wait for the rest of our life for this bloody visa. anyway please be patient your time will come soon anyway..just enjoy life and do what u are doing.. this is just matter of time...hope everyone in cat 7 will have good time and positive to get visa in ....time....haha

Archived