Disaster

LYNMACMD

We had a phone call a few days ago our container as we knew had landed in Sydney but then came the bad news there were a number of holes in the container including one rather large one, if anyone is on Facebook look me up you can see the photos. So far according to the loss adjuster who visited yesterday, the damage is basically my 3 piece suite, beds, plus around 24 boxes that he could see we have to await until they arrive probably next week to double check.

Does anyone have any experience of this happening?

If so have you claimed and how long did it take to pay out, we were so looking forward to sleeping in our own beds!!!

Guest Magnetic6

Poor you!! At least you'll be able to replace your old stuff with new, i just hope none of your sentimental things have been damaged!:hug:

Guest cazbeckham

I am sorry to hear about your damage/loss.

I also hope you read the small print on your insurance as when I shipped my stuff over we had a few breakages but only got paid out £25 yes £25.

Reason was I did not itemise every single thing. where I had two vases I asked the insurace company if I have to individually itemise them or just put two vases and they said when you have more than one item - for instance 6 table lamps all the same just put a quantity of 6 table lamps.

Well I did this and then when I had breakages I was told I should have listed them all individually.

I would have had reams and reams of paperwork......................

I wish you luck with your claim.

Guest dawnpepper

Hi, I can honestly say that I have never heard of so much damage on such a large scale and I feel for you having to go through your stuff and to see so much damage. We came with PSS on the UK side and Kent removals on the oz side. We had about 6 or 7 items damaged but we had insured all items individually. We had to get quotes for replacement or repair of all damaged items and the sent it off to PSS. Our e-mails were always answered within 24 hours and they were easy to reach by phone. We had money paid directly into our bank account here in oz within 7-10 days. We were very happy with the service we received with the packing and the way our problems were handled. I only hope that your disaster is sorted out quickly and that all your items are easily replaceable and are not of sentimental value. We wish you all the very best,

Dawn.

Oh Lynn.... I saw the pictures too and couldn't believe the extent of the damage...I just hope none of your sentimental items are damaged.... large scale items, like beds and sofas are easily replaceable. Have you heard anything back from the loss adjustor yet? Sounds to me like Barry is very clued up on insurance and won't be settling for any poxy offer.

I showed Martin the pics and he says the container had to have been in a pretty poor state of corrosion to start with to have taken a knock like that and put such big wholes in it.... begs the question why the shipping company were still using a container in such a poor state anyway.....

theres always something isnt there! nothing ever goes smoothly!

im hoping to leave most of my stuff here, start again over there.

but im sure if i only ship personal stuff theres more chance of loosing something i cant replace! not looking forward to that. especially my instruments. got one guitar that was hand made for my dad in germany in 1973. thats irreplacable!

Guest Woodmill

Can't find you on FB Lyn. Hope you get it sorted soon though. We had damage when we came out. I insured ourselves through Letton Percival. I took photos, filled in a claim form and sent them off. They paid cash into my UK bank account the same week so it was very quick. Good luck.

The container was a brand new one when it turned up at the house, we now have all the furniture here we have lost through water damage the 3 piece suite, 2 beds, 4 chests of drawers, dining room table another table the american fridge freezer we are seeing if it drys out, pool cues and numerous boxes with items including clothing and records.cds etc.......

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi Lyn

this is awful news i hope your really personal items haven't been damaged and things like beds, clothes and furniture can be replaced. Best of luck with your insurance claim and let us know how things go, it was nice meeting you both in Leeds and some good news we have only had 4 days of sitting outside sunshine here in Yorkshire since August last year, almost 10 months. I know you are LOVING out there and i hope you soon put this hickup brhind you.

jim and helen xxx

Archived